I think i have to admit it, whatsapp is way much more better than bbm as a cross platform app.
    My friends on iphone still can't get messeges until they open bbm even if it is actually running in the background.
    I was like all the other strict bbm fan but it failed me and had to let go of it, its not really worth it, its not worth holding back from a great app and reliable one for a lousy bbm experience.

And the fact that whatsapp had included the bright /dark option is very nice and thoughtful of them, i love it so much in dark even though I didnt set dark them in any other part of my phone but in whatsapp it looks so nice and neat.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 04:48 AM
    I think i have to admit it, whatsapp is way much more better than bbm as a cross platform app.
    My friends on iphone still can't get messeges until they open bbm even if it is actually running in the background.
    I was like all the other strict bbm fan but it failed me and had to let go of it, its not really worth it, its not worth holding back from a great app and reliable one for a lousy bbm experience.

And the fact that whatsapp had included the bright /dark option is very nice and thoughtful of them, i love it so much in dark even though I didnt set dark them in any other part of my phone but in whatsapp it looks so nice and neat.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think Whatsapp would have done all this if BBM didn't start with the BBMX? The dark theme and the voice calls and all that?

Did you ask your friend if he/she enabled the push notifications for BBM?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 09:18 AM
    We want to be able to set wallpapers in our whatsapp chats and change the colors of the chats as well

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 09:27 AM
    We want to be able to set wallpapers in our whatsapp chats and change the colors of the chats as well

Posted via CB10
    I can do that. Well, the wallpaper anyway. I haven't checked the chat colour.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-22-14 10:00 AM
    Do you think Whatsapp would have done all this if BBM didn't start with the BBMX? The dark theme and the voice calls and all that?

Did you ask your friend if he/she enabled the push notifications for BBM?

Posted via CB10
    Whatsapp was already there for most if not all platforms they are not the copy cat here its bbm.
    And even if I would agree with you on "they wouldn't have done it if bbm didnt started" its not whatsapp's fault that bbm and BlackBerry in general cant get the job done properly or on time or at all . Well, they say you snooze you lose, eh? Lol

After all I'm still a die hard fan of BlackBerry and its just sometimes things can be a little frustrating that all.

Posted via CB10
    WanShark69 likes this.
    03-22-14 01:40 PM
    Whatsapp was already there for most if not all platforms they are not the copy cat here its bbm.
    And even if I would agree with you on "they wouldn't have done it if bbm didnt started" its not whatsapp's fault that bbm and BlackBerry in general cant get the job done properly or on time or at all . Well, they say you snooze you lose, eh? Lol

After all I'm still a die hard fan of BlackBerry and its just sometimes things can be a little frustrating that all.

Posted via CB10
    Well is this case BBM is not late, it's Whatsapp cause we already had black theme on BBM, voice calls, channels and also lets not forget that we have video calls on our BlackBerry10 phones which will eventually get to BBMX.

Whatsapp copied the BBM design on BB10 and I don't think you would disagree on that, they did that because they were afraid of losing users on BlackBerry devices or lets say they did that cause they wanna remove any reason left for people to use BBM, I even heard they are about to introduce contact updates like BBM, why do you think they are doing this? And why now?

By the way, about your friend, I checked on my sisters iPhone and I can confirm that if you don't have push notifications ON for BBM then they won't receive any messages until they open the app so hope this fixes your friends BBM issue.

P.S : I'm not saying that BBM is flawless or anything, I didn't face reliability issues but I can see other users who do and we can't neglect that so I really hope BlackBerry fixes this.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 04:12 PM
    Well is this case BBM is not late, it's Whatsapp cause we already had black theme on BBM, voice calls, channels and also lets not forget that we have video calls on our BlackBerry10 phones which will eventually get to BBMX.

Whatsapp copied the BBM design on BB10 and I don't think you would disagree on that, they did that because they were afraid of losing users on BlackBerry devices or lets say they did that cause they wanna remove any reason left for people to use BBM, I even heard they are about to introduce contact updates like BBM, why do you think they are doing this? And why now?

By the way, about your friend, I checked on my sisters iPhone and I can confirm that if you don't have push notifications ON for BBM then they won't receive any messages until they open the app so hope this fixes your friends BBM issue.

P.S : I'm not saying that BBM is flawless or anything, I didn't face reliability issues but I can see other users who do and we can't neglect that so I really hope BlackBerry fixes this.

Posted via CB10
    I will check the push notifications hope this really solve the problem.
    Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    03-22-14 10:25 PM
    Sorry, I love BBM!!!

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z30
    03-22-14 10:27 PM
    I use both, and have no issues BUT, my wife has. Q10 and the BBM voice calling and video calling is superb, being in Florida on business and my wife being back home in Jamaica it was a godsend.

Z10, Official Digicel 10.2.1.2102
    03-22-14 10:37 PM
    Whatsapp much better than bbm..all my friends that installed bbm on thier android and iphone they removed it 1 day later..im using bbm actually coz im BlackBerry user..and people i have in my bbm i dont kno them in person honestly and not talking muchhh...i prefer whatsapp and hope that whatsapp brings voice chat soon so i can remove the sideloaded viber from my device...if that happenes i will use BlackBerry 4ever..i like my z10 however i have some issues like duplicate contacts and the apps but i like...hope BlackBerry do something to get on feet someday...g.luck

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 01:10 PM
260 ... 91011