Sooo glad I don't use GMail...Google is going to continue to make it tougher on competing mobile platforms to have a seamless and feature-rich experience...
    02-03-13 02:43 PM
    It's a google issue. Others have reported Gmail calendar syncing issues through CalDAV from before the BB10 launch. All other email services such as hotmail, outlook.com, yahoo are working fine without any issues.
    02-03-13 02:45 PM
    OmG i change to Outlook and everything works perfect!!! Email Active Sync, Skype integration, Contacts and Calender Sync, Skydrive all are integrated with whole new Design. I dont need Google. Google make trouble with other platforms like WP , they blocked also Youtube , i think google is scared. Dont be Evil
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-03-13 03:05 PM
    Ouch! Even if that's true, I find it hard to believe BB would put such a limit on emails. I travel a lot and my travel arrangements are done over a period of months. For example, I'm currently arranging a spring trip to Vegas, California and cruise back home. Also, I'm arranging a trip to Italy in the fall with cruise back home. These trips are being done with other people, plus travel agent, online agencies, etc. They generate lots of emails that I keep and file for reference, and obviously that extends over a period of months. I can't have them disappearing after thirty days cause I'll be needing them in the future. Does BB10 really make this impossible, or difficult by forcing me to archiving them into a separate program?

I do archive the important one to Print2Go, but still like to have them in an email program so I can use them to contact the sender as needed, and that is usually well after the 30-day limit.

I can't imagine other people don't run into such situations as well.
    I am in a similar boat as you. I use BlackBerry Travel to keep track of all my reservations. In fact I really couldn't travel without it.
    02-03-13 03:08 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry can react fast and get an update out faster than Windows Phone which was also caught off guard by the change.
    Heh. I wonder why Google didn't call up these competitors and give them a friendly proactive notification that Google was going to be moving things around in ways that would break compatibility with their system.

Couldn't have had anything to do with actually looking forward to their competitors looking bad when stuff broke or anything, yanno... like when the Android stuff was all working just peachy, but the BB, MS and iOS stuff went all wonky. Nope.
    02-03-13 05:19 PM
    To be fair to Google, they do offer a pretty good iPhone app too, so its not like they want everyone to switch to Android to get a good Google experience.
    The only reason they support iOS is because there are a lot of people that use iOS. Go ask Google about support for the Opera web browser some time. (Even though Opera is one of the most standards-compliant browsers in the world.)
    02-03-13 05:21 PM
    From what i've heard/read, no it does not display email older than 30 days.
    If I'm not mistaken, Blackberries always had some time limit for viewing on-server emails too - was that only a BIS thing?
    02-03-13 05:22 PM
    I've run into this issue on my PlayBook. Generally, if I need to find an old message (outlook.com, gmail, work email that wasnt archived on my desktop, etc) I just use the web version of the email program. Nevertheless, I think BB should implement "search on the server" like iOS does!
    02-03-13 06:43 PM
    Has anyone here tried installing the ported K-9 Mail client from Android?

I use it on my Android tablet and it works well. The BB World page claims it is compatible with the Z10.

BlackBerry World - K-9 Mail
    02-03-13 07:23 PM
    Can you get iCloud on Z10?
    02-03-13 08:12 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, Blackberries always had some time limit for viewing on-server emails too - was that only a BIS thing?
    On all of my previous BB's and my present BB (Torch 9850) I have email that goes back to March of 2012, so this to me is a little unfortunate to not be able to keep email past 30 days. I know I can still keep it on my Mac of course, but sometimes I need to reference something a bit older then 30 days. Oh well
    02-03-13 08:19 PM
    I am sure glad I stopped using G-Mail. Office 365 costs a little, but it is worth every penny.
    02-03-13 09:40 PM
    So gmail sucks....hows the phone?
    02-03-13 10:00 PM
    Google giveth and Google hath taken away. Bastards.
    02-03-13 10:49 PM
    Yep, I'm opening up an outlook.com email account or similar if Google continue's to be a ***** about this stuff.
    02-03-13 11:31 PM
    So y'all think Google is being a bully in the mobile space... and you're moving to MICROSOFT?

Oh.
    02-03-13 11:34 PM
    It was a settings thing. All you have to do is Unified Inbox > Options > Message Display and Actions >Days To Keep Messages : Forever. (Under OS6)
    02-04-13 12:05 AM
    It was a settings thing. All you have to do is Unified Inbox > Options > Message Display and Actions >Days To Keep Messages : Forever. (Under OS6)
    I use that myself, but I'm talking about already checked/read on-server messages, ie using IMAP storage.

Once the message or message headers are retrieved into my 9650 via a POP server, I can keep them forever if I want. But if I'm not mistaken, if you're using IMAP and want to look for some 2-year-old message in an IMAP folder, I didn't think you could do that on the legacy BBOS either. (I don't have any IMAP accounts setup on my 9650 right now to test that.)

A lot of mail clients limit that sort of thing because it can be a massive resource hog to search or display potentially thousands of messages. I didn't think there was any way one could you open an IMAP folder with thousands of messages going back 2 years, using the legacy BBOS.
    02-04-13 01:36 AM
    So y'all think Google is being a bully in the mobile space... and you're moving to MICROSOFT?

Oh.
    I still use aol on my 9700 and i get emails on that slightly earlier than the web site...i'm hoping it handles the same on the z10...
    But i also have a gmail account but it's not my main...i just find their interface hard to understand and navigate...and if they started making it difficult on the z10 than it will likely turn into a spam email for me. i find aol a lot better and simpler anyway.
    02-04-13 03:29 AM
94 ... 234