Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. tr1ad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    PIN
    281516BE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Not all networks with z10?

    Over here in the caribbean it's been pretty strange, the z10 hasn't been launched officially... but there are units circulation.
    In particular what's stranger is that we can't get basic edge connection on the device... if you're lucky to have a 4G sim you're in luck... other than that you have to utilize wifi as the apn cant be changed.

    Posted via CB10
    7100t-> 8700g-> 8800-> 8310-> 9000-> 9500-> 9800-> 9900-> Z10
  2. Morten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,186 Posts
    PIN
    ask nicely
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tr1ad View Post
    Over here in the caribbean it's been pretty strange, the z10 hasn't been launched officially... but there are units circulation.
    In particular what's stranger is that we can't get basic edge connection on the device... if you're lucky to have a 4G sim you're in luck... other than that you have to utilize wifi as the apn cant be changed.

    Posted via CB10
    Have you tried OS 10.0.10.648?

    It's reported to work with many networks in the Caribbean, including a normal BIS plan with TSTT
  3. tr1ad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    PIN
    281516BE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    i have a stl100-2 can't change the APN and i dont think that .648 is for my specific device

    i could be corrected tho
    Last edited by tr1ad; 03-18-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    7100t-> 8700g-> 8800-> 8310-> 9000-> 9500-> 9800-> 9900-> Z10
  4. marcati's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    367 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tr1ad View Post
    i have a stl100-2 can't change the APN and i dont think that .648 is for my specific device

    i could be corrected tho
    OS 10.0.10.690 is working fine on the STL100-2. I have it and I'm living in Thailand where we also have no official release yet. No issues ;-)
  5. DivideBYZero's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    764 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Odd. I have a factory unlocked stl100-2 and I can change my APN all I like.

    Posted via CB10
    Z10 SIM Free, BES10 w/Balance, OS 10.2.0.424 on O2 UK
    PlayBook WiFi, 32Gb, OS 2.0

    My BB History: 7130 >8700 >8100 >8120 >8120(RED) >9000 >9500 >9520 >9810 >Z10
    Plus a bunch of other pre-production devices, including the only RED Pearl Flip ever made.
  6. Morten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,186 Posts
    PIN
    ask nicely
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
    Odd. I have a factory unlocked stl100-2 and I can change my APN all I like.

    Posted via CB10
    It all has to do with the carrier you are using- they can lock down the APN if they choose to do so - and also have different settings for different versions of the OS. Reports from around the world - say that most do.. at least for the moment. Let us hope it change.
  7. tr1ad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    PIN
    281516BE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindstrom View Post
    Have you tried OS 10.0.10.648?

    It's reported to work with many networks in the Caribbean, including a normal BIS plan with TSTT
    can you point me in the direction of the link to these reports?
    7100t-> 8700g-> 8800-> 8310-> 9000-> 9500-> 9800-> 9900-> Z10
  8. Morten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,186 Posts
    PIN
    ask nicely
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tr1ad View Post
    can you point me in the direction of the link to these reports?
    I am using it right now myself- OS 10.0.10.648, on a BIS plan from TSTT ....
  9. tr1ad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    PIN
    281516BE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    somehow i have 10.0.10.690 OS version on the STL100-2
    bmobile is telling me that my BIS plan is active, yet i cant get data or change the APN

    what device do you have?
    7100t-> 8700g-> 8800-> 8310-> 9000-> 9500-> 9800-> 9900-> Z10
  10. tr1ad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    PIN
    281516BE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    ok so i spoke to another rep again, yes they have reports of some z10 users on bmobile receiving data on their end, but they are not sure as to why some are getting and some are not
    7100t-> 8700g-> 8800-> 8310-> 9000-> 9500-> 9800-> 9900-> Z10
  11. askarian's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    60 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I have 10.0.10.690 now on STL 100-2. Upgraded today using link. I had a ATT Sim card in the phone too so not sure which one did the trick

    Posted via CB10
    IPhone 4S > Z10 > Q10

Similar Threads

  1. Possible to access PC Network with Z10 ?
    By Jerg in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 10:59 AM
  2. Calling ALL Canadians with Z10
    By Homo Erectus in forum Discover BBM Friends
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM
  3. Multiple calendars not all syncing with Outlook
    By bassman in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OS
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
  4. Using 8900 abroad with WI-FI only not cellular network
    By omegac in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 07:21 AM
  5. Not at all happy with the Seidio Innocase Hybrid.
    By JD22964 in forum BBOS Phone Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 06:58 AM

Posting Permissions