just want to share,

m.cnet.com/news/57423402

04-27-12 04:42 PM
    Um, this isn't news. We already knew there would be no new hardware. At least on the "consumer" side.

The article seems to miss that BB10 "preview" devices will be going out to developers, but, no, these aren't "new phones" in the sense that they'll be available to the public.
    04-27-12 04:46 PM
    Um, this isn't news. We already knew there would be no new hardware. At least on the "consumer" side.

The article seems to miss that BB10 "preview" devices will be going out to developers, but, no, these aren't "new phones" in the sense that they'll be available to the public.

this is news to me

04-27-12 04:49 PM
    What we WILL get previews of is BB10. Presumably, we should see some nice Cascades stuff too, since the word is that they're pretty close to releasing it to developers.

I'm not all that hung up on the hardware anyway, at least not right at the moment. I notice that Samsung is playing this tedious little game of showing something spectacular, then waiting six months to bring it to market in "not-quite-the-same" form.
    04-27-12 05:05 PM
    There won't be a complete BB10 OS so how could there be a BB10 phone? Let's try to be a little realistic about expectations. OS 2.1 would be nice and so would Cascades, but what's it going to take to make it sink in that the phone's won't surface until around October.
    04-27-12 05:15 PM
    Between the news item of an October release and this tidbit, that should result in another large chunk of people bailing on BBs.

We know what's going to happen anyway. RIM will either announce another delay the release of a BB10 device, or it'll be out in October unfinished and buggy. We've seen this song and dance many times - why would it be different this time?
    04-27-12 06:34 PM
    The finished hardware won't be present but the really important thing will (the OS for development purposes). This really is not that big of a deal.
    04-27-12 09:26 PM
    The new phones will be released in September/October, just like BlackBerry does every year. Why would they announce them now and give a leg up to the competition? If they've truly got some innovative features in there, they should keep them secret and have a massive media event in August to announce them. Done.
    04-27-12 11:34 PM
    I'm not too bothered tbh, as long as they show a decent OS that will appear to devs then I'll be happy.
    04-28-12 06:49 AM
    So, in essence, CNET is saying its not October yet?
    04-28-12 08:03 AM
    I think i speak for everyone here that I want to see something innovative in BBworld, whatever it is.. cascades, hologram keyboard, jaycut stuff, NFC, just be ahead of the competition once in a while.

04-28-12 11:12 AM
    Of course the hardware will not be ready, but what will be interesting is that the OS10 software will be about 90% complete.

That's what you should be looking at.
    04-28-12 01:43 PM
    Really, anybody who's been paying attention should know by now there won't be any hardware on display at BB World.

Off course, Thor could always do a "one more thing" at the end of his presentation :-) .
    04-28-12 02:11 PM
    I think RIM should have focused on the new devices and not just a preview. No better way to get people excited than having a product they can purchase shortly after. I mean doing it this way will build excitement but then it will die down with the announcement of the new iphone/IOS6 with apple's announcement and whatever new samsung phone that is announced.
    04-28-12 05:24 PM
    If RIM demonstrated a demo BBOS 10 phone now, it would flush all of their marketing dollars of BBOS 7 devices down the toilet. RIM needs sales now to bridge the gap until BBOS 10 is ready for release.

More people would hold off even with BOGO promotions.
    04-28-12 05:42 PM
    If RIM demonstrated a demo BBOS 10 phone now, it would flush all of their marketing dollars of BBOS 7 devices down the toilet. RIM needs sales now to bridge the gap until BBOS 10 is ready for release.

More people would hold off even with BOGO promotions.

true ... wish there's a way to update BB7 to 10, yeah i know I'm asking too much

04-28-12 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD