Hi guys,

Seems the little BlackBerry icon in the top right of my new Z30 only appears when on wifi. It means BBM only works on wifi which is really frustrating.

Has anyone seen this and any idea how to resolve this? If live in Ireland so it's a GSM phone and my provider is Tesco. I had to find and fiddle with APN settings at first to get group SMS without errors. Has anyone had to explicitly mess with settings to getting BBM working. I've no wifi in my job and I keep missing BBMs from my son.

Thanks in advance,
    JP

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 01:38 AM
    Why would you make 2 threads about the exact same issue 40 minutes apart? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-data-1010450/
    03-31-15 10:16 AM
    BBM txt messaging will not work with Tesco mobile (by extension O2) I have been through the hoops with this with both blackberry and Tesco. It will NOT work. Have a look at service alias in sim settings there is no way to upgrade this. I have used meteor vodaphone and e mobile sims and bbm does work. Incidentally bbm video and channels will work on 3G. Tesco also has no 4G either. Install WhatsApp instead and your good to go.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:06 PM
    Why would you make 2 threads about the exact same issue 40 minutes apart? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-data-1010450/
    Hmm thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know this post actually went up. That other post was the edited revision with image inclusive - this post wasn't supposed to get posted but clearly it did so by accident so I apologise for this. I do remember CB10 going a bit haywire one! Sorry again!

Thanks,
    JP
    04-11-15 10:39 AM
    BBM txt messaging will not work with Tesco mobile (by extension O2) I have been through the hoops with this with both blackberry and Tesco. It will NOT work. Have a look at service alias in sim settings there is no way to upgrade this. I have used meteor vodaphone and e mobile sims and bbm does work. Incidentally bbm video and channels will work on 3G. Tesco also has no 4G either. Install WhatsApp instead and your good to go.

Posted via CB10
    So it won't work on any of those providers? I think I read somewhere it works on 3 though I can't confirm this.

I'm aware of Tesco's lack of 4G - if it comes it will be sometime after June when O2 get it by 3's acquisition of O2! So I am looking at changing for this fact alone - I had better reception on Meteor when I tried them out. Maybe I'll try Three for a month and see if BB services work (unless you know otherwise).

I have Whatsapp installed but I was hoping to keep to the Blackberry platform and drop the others - specifically I want to BBM text/talk to my 10 year old who installed BBM on my handed-down-to-him iPhone 4s. I got rid of Viber. I have two contacts that I contact on Whatsapp, both outside Ireland. I was hoping to force them to use BBM LOL - not sure that plan was ever going to work. Oh well.

Thanks for the information it has been very helpful!

JP
    04-11-15 10:46 AM