I have a Z10 STL100-2 and currently running 10.2.1.2234.

I have NFC tags programed to do some takes. The example I will use is I have one programed to change my notifications to normal and also open the music app at the same time. It works. The bug is when I am in a BBM conversation within the hub and then scan the code it doesn't do anything except vibrate to let me know the tag was scanned. After this I exit the BBM conversation and then scan it again, now BBM opens to the BBM contacts. The tag is no longer usable. The only way to fix it is to erase it and reprogram it.

What I would like to know is if anyone else has the same experience as I do. If you have a NFC tag laying around can you test it for me?
    Also if it does not happen to you what phone/OS are you running?
    04-10-14 02:29 PM
    I have had the same issue with my BlackBerry music gateway. I first experienced it way back on early BlackBerry 10 builds before the nfc tag app could rewrite the tag properly. Luckily now the app can rewrite the tag to my music gateway. I would say it is a known bug and only BBM seems to affect the tags from my experience. I have done this several times and had to rewrite the tag several times. Hope that is the answer you are looking for.

Posted via CB10
    sinlessearth likes this.
    04-10-14 05:07 PM
    I tried and had the same issue as well.
    sinlessearth likes this.
    04-15-14 01:11 AM
    Same issue here. If BBM is open, scanning a programmed NFC tag will either do nothing or rewrite the NFC tag to open BBM. Is it a known issue? Because this is the first thread I've found about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:21 AM
    I'm not sure if it is known. I discovered it recently. Right now I am on10.2.1.2234 but I also had this issue while testing 10.3 leak.

I wonder if you lock the tag what will happen? I honestly do not want to test this as I always want to reuse my tags. However this should not be an issue to begin with.
    04-17-14 09:59 AM
    I found that locking the tag did not help on my music gateway. That is the only one that I have personally. I guess it isn't a widespread well known issue. It took me a while to figure out what was going on and I still forget occasionally.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:29 PM
    Thanks for this issue everyone. I was wondering why my tags were getting all messed up sometimes.
    04-20-14 11:19 AM