I have two different nexus phones running jelly bean. Nfc file transfers over Bluetooth between them and my z10 works on one nexus device, but not the other. I checked, and the nexus running version 4.1.2 works, but the one I have with 4.1.1 does not. I searched around some Android sites and there does seem to be some Nfc updates that went into the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. for everyone who got their Z10 working with Android for Nfc file transfer, are you running JB 4.1.2 or newer? when it worked with my device running 4.1.2 I didn't even need to pair them to bluetooth first!
    Nexus is running 4.2.1 and requested pairing each time. The pairing request is easy to miss as you need to swipe down from the top on the nexus to see the request. The z10 did not require paring.
    02-09-13 01:44 PM
    This is good info to know. They should call it something cheesy like Samsung did. BBB (pronounced "triple b") for BlackBerry beam, like Some beam
    02-09-13 02:06 PM
    A year ago, I test to find out if I could send a picture to an Android phone and found out that when the BB device (BB OS 7.1) sends the picture, then it is fine.

If the Android phone wanted to send the picture to BB, something went wrong and nothing was sent.

The way Android has implemented Peer2Peer mode of NFC is a bit odd. On Android after you tap another device, you get a pop up screen that you should swipe up on to get the image (or any other object) sent to the other device. That delay for swiping on the pop up window, got BB to ignore the communication from the Android device.

On BB or Nokia phones the transfer was done without that popup window ( it means BB and Nokia had standard NFC implementation).

I haven't tested this on BB10 and the latest Android build. Maybe it works both ways now.
    02-09-13 05:27 PM
    A year ago, I test to find out if I could send a picture to an Android phone and found out that when the BB device (BB OS 7.1) sends the picture, then it is fine.

If the Android phone wanted to send the picture to BB, something went wrong and nothing was sent.

The way Android has implemented Peer2Peer mode of NFC is a bit odd. On Android after you tap another device, you get a pop up screen that you should swipe up on to get the image (or any other object) sent to the other device. That delay for swiping on the pop up window, got BB to ignore the communication from the Android device.

On BB or Nokia phones the transfer was done without that popup window ( it means BB and Nokia had standard NFC implementation).

I haven't tested this on BB10 and the latest Android build. Maybe it works both ways now.

I tried to send a photo with galaxy s4 to Q10 and just turned nfc without activating sbeam and it worked just fine but bluetooth was activated!
    08-09-14 12:00 PM
    I still have issues just sending a file from my Z30 to my wife's Z10. It says that the transfer was interrupted. We are still right beside each other so I know that the distance is not causing an issue for the Bluetooth transfer.
    My Z30 has worked with other Z10 s and also with a bold 9900. I checked my Wife's Z10 and NFC is on and I even tried turning bluetooth on ahead of time.
    Anything else I can try?

Hope OP finds the secret code. It would be great to be with a bunch of friends and one person captures a wicked picture or the address of the next get together and can just send to everyone by tapping their phones (ios excluded as they do not support NFC). This way not affecting data plans of friends or for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:55 AM
    I used NFC transfer from my Z10 to my other 2 family Z10 and to a Samsung S3 and a Note2, all without problems.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.2.1531 on AT&T
    08-10-14 02:34 PM
    Something like what Patrick said. I believe I disabled S-Beam in the past.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 02:45 PM
32 12