I have been waiting a long time for BB10 and now I can finally make the decision on what phone to buy, and say goodbye to my iPhone 3G. I have one question about BB and given I will be buying the BB10, I put the question in this group.
    Can I, or how would I, sync my email, calendar and contacts with my home PC Outlook (no Exchange server)?
    Thanks in advance
    01-31-13 05:06 AM
    I have heard that if you create an Outlook.com account you can use that to sync with your PC and new BB. Someone who has done this will probably chime in and give more detail. You can also sync using the BB desktop. Enjoy your new BB!
    01-31-13 07:15 AM
    Thanks for the feedback.
    My Z10 is ordered and I hope to have it a few days after Feb 5th.
    01-31-13 01:25 PM
    01-31-13 01:59 PM
    I have heard that if you create an Outlook.com account you can use that to sync with your PC and new BB. Someone who has done this will probably chime in and give more detail. You can also sync using the BB desktop. Enjoy your new BB!
    There's no need to use Outlook.com to sync the phone with Outlook. The BlackBerry desktop software will do this no problem.

Why Microsoft decided to use the name of a desktop email client application for their web based email service is beyond me.
    01-31-13 02:22 PM
    There's no need to use Outlook.com to sync the phone with Outlook. The BlackBerry desktop software will do this no problem.
    Just to be clear, you're saying BlackBerry Link will sync with Outlook?
    01-31-13 03:23 PM
    Er.. don't hold me to that. I just watched the demo video (BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US) and there was no mention of it.

I can't imagine they'd be so stupid as to not include it, but seeing what a trainwreck BB10 is becoming I wouldn't be surprised.
    01-31-13 03:39 PM
    I just downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link and I don't see any options for syncing Outlook to the phone.

Seriously, BlackBerry? What are you thinking?
    01-31-13 03:52 PM
    Playbook OS has never synced directly to Outlook, even after they added the native PIM apps and updated the Desktop Software.

Does it work the same way for BB10? Will BB10 devices not DIRECT sync to Microsoft Outlook? Deal-killer for me if I have to sign-up for some third party web service and beam all my contacts and calendar info through the cloud.
    01-31-13 05:52 PM
    Playbook OS has never synced directly to Outlook, even after they added the native PIM apps and updated the Desktop Software.
    No, the PlayBook hasn't, but the OS6/7 phones do. Why they pulled it out of BB10 I don't know.
    01-31-13 06:07 PM
    No, the PlayBook hasn't, but the OS6/7 phones do. Why they pulled it out of BB10 I don't know.
    Yes, my point exactly. My 9900 syncs properly with Outlook through the Desktop Manager. This is a feature I wish to continue using, and not including it in BB10 does not bode well for my continued patronage of Blackberry devices.
    01-31-13 06:10 PM
    It's an important feature for me too.
    01-31-13 06:21 PM
    This is correct. if you have an outlook.com email addy it will sycn with MS office outlook and your phone.
    01-31-13 06:28 PM
    Moving to Outlook.com would require a new email address, no? Changing email addresses would be a horrible inconvenience, and is not something I would do just to keep using a BB phone. I really hope they fix this ASAP.
    02-01-13 12:03 PM
    Moving to Outlook.com would require a new email address, no? Changing email addresses would be a horrible inconvenience, and is not something I would do just to keep using a BB phone. I really hope they fix this ASAP.
    beauty about these (outlook.com/gmail) they allow for account forwarding you can set up you email accounts within those accounts that way you only have to check one place
    02-01-13 01:07 PM
    It's an important feature for me too.
    Me Too!!!! ****, even the iPhone can do it!
    02-02-13 12:34 PM