So i updated the new OS onto my phone and there has been several problems... first the battery wont completely charge yet it says it is completely charged. But now an even more inconvenient thing has happened.. Last night my phone randomly started showing all these different LED lights and than my phone would stop sending and recieving texts, i couldnt make out going calls and i couldnt even use my data, it said SIM card was not responding ? i have never had any problems with my z10 before i did this update.. it's really annoying to not have my phone working.. if anyone would be able to help that would be awesome
    11-05-13 12:37 PM
    So i updated the new OS onto my phone and there has been several problems... first the battery wont completely charge yet it says it is completely charged. But now an even more inconvenient thing has happened.. Last night my phone randomly started showing all these different LED lights and than my phone would stop sending and recieving texts, i couldnt make out going calls and i couldnt even use my data, it said SIM card was not responding ? i have never had any problems with my z10 before i did this update.. it's really annoying to not have my phone working.. if anyone would be able to help that would be awesome
    I hope you backed up your phone BEFORE the update??? There is a way, I believe I had to revert back to original OS when VZW threw out an Update, and it was killing my battery and cause much mayhem.

Try plugging your phone into PC, using Desk Top Manager, you should be able to reload the original OS, back up all your docs first, (photo, music, docs). Basically you are wiping your phone, installing original os, and skip the update when you are done. I ALWAYS read around here first before throwing an update in.

Also, if you go to You Tube, you will find a video showing you the steps need to do this.

Good Luck, Welcome to CB, and looking forward to hear of success..

c
    11-05-13 12:45 PM
    I can't find anyway to reset my OS? If i have my phone backed up and i factory reset my phone do you think that will fix the problems?
    11-05-13 01:11 PM
    Was it an official update? And to reload your OS connect it to BlackBerry Link and press the Reload OS option.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    11-05-13 01:20 PM
    On my Blackberry Link there isnt a reload OS button and i believe it's offical? my phone is a demo phone i believe or a store display so i wasnt receiving the new OS update on my phone so i manually downloaded it and someone off of crackberry gave me an offical link to download it from? so im really confused cause my phone hasnt been working for the past 2 days
    11-05-13 01:25 PM
    On my Blackberry Link there isnt a reload OS button and i believe it's offical? my phone is a demo phone i believe or a store display so i wasnt receiving the new OS update on my phone so i manually downloaded it and someone off of crackberry gave me an offical link to download it from? so im really confused cause my phone hasnt been working for the past 2 days
    So you used an autoloader I take it. Perhaps you did it wrong. Can you post the link they gave you?

And in BlackBerry Link press in the phone icon. It's there. Somewhere there. Lol. I'm not in front of a computer so I can't tell you exactly where. But it's there.

11-05-13 02:00 PM
    http://l.bitcasa.com/6DwB0lJa i was given that as my link and the only thing that i saw that said reload my device is basically making me reset my entire phone which im currently doing and i believe it's re-installing my old OS
    11-05-13 02:03 PM
    Yeah. It's reloading your OS. It should work. Now do you still want 10.2?

11-05-13 02:19 PM
    http://l.bitcasa.com/6DwB0lJa i was given that as my link and the only thing that i saw that said reload my device is basically making me reset my entire phone which im currently doing and i believe it's re-installing my old OS
    That's right, that is what you are doing, With the "old" or previous OS you had and was happy with. Just don't do the OS upgrade that was killing/giving you problems. I always wait and see what the "update" does/provides and look in the forums to see how others are expeiriencing the upgrade.
    Also, you have to watch the "leaked" versions, alot of the time they are good, but sometimes it can be not so good.

Glad to see that this are loading for you, put back all you docs, music and photos and make sure you device is performing as expected, and always think twice before upgrading, making sure you back up before doing anything, so you can go back if desired/needed.

Keep us posted.

c
    11-05-13 02:19 PM
    i would like to have the new 10.2 but i dont want my phone to get messed up again, also my phone wont even let me update my phone to the 10.1 for some reason through blackberry link, so im basically sucks with 10.0.9
    11-05-13 03:24 PM
    I would first make sure your device is happy with the "original" OS from release, and behaving as it should. Then you can make the decision to upgrade the OS based on your needs, and make sure to check the forums before you do it, or you might be replicating these steps again.

I know, I kind of always want the latest and greatest, BUT I have been stung on the Torch 9850 updates from VZW, and had to exactly the same thing you just got done with. Remember Wiondows ME? Vista?, Windows 8?

The latest is not always the greatest.

Glad you are back up and running,

c
    11-05-13 03:42 PM
    well the update i had before i attempted to load the new 10.2 OS worked perfectly fine and i loved it i believe it was the 10.1.7 something? which i was hoping to originally go back to, but when i completely restarted my device i got brought back to a 10.0.9 which it works alright but i was much happier with the previous OS i had before my phone got all messed up
    11-05-13 03:48 PM
    Wow. 10.0. At least get 10.1 if you don't want 10.2. 10.1 fixes many issues. Listen I've installed a lot of leaks on my phone. I can help so you do it correctly. If you want to. Of course, if you're happy as is then stay. Lol. But if you'd like help in how to do it. Just report back. Cheers!

Carl Estes likes this.
    11-05-13 03:49 PM
    I would love to have my phone updated to at least a 10.1 would be fantastic, on my blackberry link it says i can upload the OS of 10.1.4 something but everytime i do it says their is a problem with my internet, which their isnt and told me to try again, which i had tried several times and nothing changed
    11-05-13 03:55 PM
    Try doing it on a friend's wifi network. Or before that did you reset your modem/router?
    If you did that, then try a friends network and see how that goes.
    One more thing, can you take out the external media card while doing the process, just to take out one variable.

Let us know how you do....

C
    11-05-13 08:01 PM