I got one new idea. It would be great if blackberry implement this. After using the Z10 phone for 6 months I thought this would be a handy feature for social updates.

With a single gesture on the home screen a text box should overlay (like instant preview reply box) where I can enter my status and just below the icons to select what all the social networking sites have to be updated with that status.

Along with this, a status icon like busy, available which can be used by apps like gtalk, BBM etc.

With this I can update fb, twitter, G+, BBM, foursquare etc. , and the api can be extended to others like WhatsApp.

Overall it looks like, a status icon selector on left most and next to it a text box and in the below configured / available social networking sites.

Please let me know whether this can be useful or not in our daily life ?

Thanks
    Bharath Karumudi.
    24EF8E67

Posted via CB10 - ATT unlocked Z10 10.2.1.537
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    02-04-14 12:36 AM
    of course it will be useful and IMHO, awesome!!!
    02-04-14 01:34 AM
    I had a similar idea but that was by using the Hub.

My idea was that BlackBerry should implement a feature where we can write a status/message etc in the Hub, and choose which multiple social network sites to share it on.

When we press the "compose" icon in the Hub, we get a list of social sites including text and email. There should be an option for "Multi-Share" where we can compose a status and share it on multiple networking sites.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    02-04-14 04:00 AM
    They could definitely add this to the global search! "FB [message]" and "tweet [message]" already sends to either network from the search app, maybe they could add a trigger like "status [message]" which would send to user-defined networks.

Of course there are already several apps to fill in this gap, so it may not be high in priority.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    02-04-14 04:13 AM
    But from home screen it can be a single step and looks something different from other phones.

Posted via CB10 - ATT unlocked Z10 10.2.1.537
    02-04-14 10:24 AM