Seems to me that a number of Android apps suffer on the Z10 for lack of a back button (escape key on old BlackBerry terminology). I'd love to see a gesture that is the reset of peek.... up and to the LEFT be defined as meaning back/escape.

It makes sense logically and if properly defined would I think work better than the slight diagonal upward gesture currently suggested (which can result in minimizing the app if not done just right)

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:20 PM
    Right now, to exit the Hub, I can swipe from the bottom or the right. But I wish swiping from the right would take me back to the app I was Peeking/Flowing from.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:23 PM
    I'm confused, are you talking about going backwards in an Android port?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:25 PM
    Swiping down from the top brings up the back button

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:50 PM
    I've tried a number that do nothing on a swipe down from the top...

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:07 PM
    There is a gesture for "Back". Start at centre of bottom bezel, and swipe diagonally up/left.

Posted via CB10
    sjwpenney likes this.
    04-18-13 09:21 PM
    Quite honestly I would really like to see the swiping down from the top action always bring down the phone settings no matter where you are in an app or not. I think that would make the os a lot more intuitive to use and the settings for the phone always in the button at the bottom right.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:43 PM
    Quite honestly I would really like to see the swiping down from the top action always bring down the phone settings no matter where you are in an app or not. I think that would make the os a lot more intuitive to use and the settings for the phone always in the button at the bottom right.

Posted via CB10
    Thats confusing. You mean app options in the bottom right?
    remmy00 likes this.
    04-18-13 09:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't want that
    That means that the menu bar will have to be constantly there in all apps.
    That is fine for certain apps but would be annoying as hell for a lot of apps.
    Especially for games

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:30 AM
    A universal back gesture would remove the need to have to swipe down in Android ports to display the back button. Yes, there's the Android diagonal swipe for that, but it can be a little dicey. Native apps have to show a back button on screen.

The BBOS flow concept is supposed to reduce the need to back out of things, but there are times when this is still what you want to do. In Settings, for example, you drill down into menus and the OS has to show you a back button to back out of them. I think it would be great to have a universal gesture for this, but I'm not sure what it could be. My idea is a J-swipe from the top bezel: down-and-left. What do you think?
    04-19-13 10:41 AM
    Whoops yup I meant app options and settings in the bottom right

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:16 PM
    Another thing that I'd like to see is when selecting text that the curser would go inside of the text where you selected and then the bubble would go below the curser so you could see where the curser is

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:54 PM
    I would like to the following gesture feature. When in the HUB: 1) swipe left to back to the app you were in. 2) swipe up from the bottom to back to the active frames (just like right now).

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:04 PM