If u send someone a timed message, and they take a screen shot, you receive a notification that a screen shot has been taken of your timed message!

That's cool!!

I have a pic but dunno why I can't attach, guess u guys have to try it yourself.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    11-04-14 05:07 AM
    That's cool but I would think someone who sends a timed message doesn't want a ss taken! LOL Gonna make for bad BBM relationships!
    11-04-14 05:22 AM
    That's cool but I would think someone who sends a timed message doesn't want a ss taken! LOL Gonna make for bad BBM relationships!
    Exactly! No one can stop the screen shot, even snap chat, BBM at least alerts you that your message is being shot!

Actually this is great for BBM relations

David Tyler and nico2004 like this.
    11-04-14 05:29 AM
    Exactly! No one can stop the screen shot, even snap chat, BBM at least alerts you that your message is being shot!

Actually this is great for BBM relations

As others have already reported elsewhere it is not always able to detect screen shots, even on a BlackBerry. This underscores a fundamental principle of data handling which many Post Offices understood decades if not centuries ago. When you drop a letter in a mailbox it belongs to the addressee.

When you send electronic data to another that data is under their control, and the control of any entities that handle it along the way. Copies may be made for the purposes of transporting the data. Copies have to be made to display the data. The originator of the data can only control the data at the destination if they control the destination equipment.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:24 AM
    It would be supercool if bbm can further detect flash and shutter sound. In case the other person use another phone to capture the message

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:41 AM
    It would be supercool if bbm can further detect flash and shutter sound. In case the other person use another phone to capture the message

Posted via CB10
    Flash would not be necessary because the screen is illuminated. Many smartphones and cameras don't emit shutter sounds in jurisdictions where they are not required by law.
    11-04-14 09:37 AM
    I have a pic but dunno why I can't attach, guess u guys have to try it yourself.
    Permissions, it's always permissions. Which would explain why you didn't see it previously posted.
    11-04-14 09:41 AM
    Flash would not be necessary because the screen is illuminated. Many smartphones and cameras don't emit shutter sounds in jurisdictions where they are not required by law.
    Lol... I think you missed the joke
    11-05-14 06:26 AM
    Lol... I think you missed the joke
    Maybe, but someone is going to come by this thread in a few months and ask when that feature will be added.
    11-05-14 07:05 AM
    Just use another camera phone to take a picture of your screen. Manual and undetected

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 07:08 AM
    Just use another camera phone to take a picture of your screen. Manual and undetected

Posted via CB10
    Remind me never to send you a snap chat lol

But yeah. If you ever make a sex tape, or take nudes you have to know that there's a possibility that one day they may get out....

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:17 AM
    Remind me never to send you a snap chat lol

But yeah. If you ever make a sex tape, or take nudes you have to know that there's a possibility that one day they may get out....

Posted via CB10
    These features are only gimmick that fun to have, not really a serious security stuff hehehehe

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 01:50 PM
    New BBM Cooool Alert Feature-img_20141105_203253.png

Screenshot detected in RED

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 06:39 PM