I've been using Neutron for a long time now (in terms of months) and see myself as a user familiar to the app. One of the big features that amazed me was the fact that the app used the notification LED to flash a purple LED for each beat of the tracks I used my Z10 to listen to. Now in it's new redesigned UI I've noticed a fair few problems. The main problem being the LED which just randomly flashes at me - I haven't changed any of the settings that could have upset the app to not display the LED. Another problem is that it seems the app is really putting a strain on my Z - it's consuming CPU like there's no tomorrow! When I'm using it it pretty much always lags when I minimise it and start multitasking or when a track first plays (after opening the app) it takes a long pause and either starts playing again from where it left off or rewinds the track 5-8 seconds to make up for the missed time. There was another problem but I can't remember it while writing this.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:03 PM
    Perhaps the app needs to be updated for 10.2?
    ruhban likes this.
    10-27-13 12:05 AM
    The Purple LED is a sort of warning light to indicate the EQ and preamp settings were too high and Neutron is reducing the preamp level. Check the settings and you can chose how much it reduces it.

STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    ruhban likes this.
    10-27-13 01:24 AM
    Perhaps the app needs to be updated for 10.2?
    I've been experiencing the problems with both 10.1 and the 10.1 MR

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:41 PM
    The Purple LED is a sort of warning light to indicate the EQ and preamp settings were too high and Neutron is reducing the preamp level. Check the settings and you can chose how much it reduces it.

STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    I'm sure the LED is one of the key features of Neutron. With my PlayBook it flashes flawlessly with each beat - it never misses a single one. I've checked the settings to make sure they're the same on my Z10 as they are on my PlayBook and they are but the problem persists. I've emailed the dev but he's not replied to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:47 PM
    yeah im pretty sure the purple LED is indicating AGP kicking in to prevent your speakers getting blown.
    10-27-13 08:50 PM
    The purple led light is not in beat with the harmony, it's to do with automatic gain protection and is an indicator to let you know that your audio level is overloaded and will cause clipping so it automatically adjusts the preamp gain and the flash will stop.
    10-31-13 04:42 AM