I'm trying to work out if it is possible to view my files on the network? Or even stream audio/video from my server or windows pc.

Can someone advise
    02-02-13 03:28 AM
    I'd like to know too. I'd also like to know if there's a way I can access files on my PC remotely from my phone over the mobile network.
    02-02-13 03:52 AM
    Ok side loaded es explorer this allows me to view network files
    02-02-13 08:42 AM
    I'd like to know too. I'd also like to know if there's a way I can access files on my PC remotely from my phone over the mobile network.
    Get a Remote Desktop app. I use Splashtop on my PlayBook and have access to both my home computers.
    02-02-13 09:17 AM
    Get a Remote Desktop app. I use Splashtop on my PlayBook and have access to both my home computers.
    Is it quick enough to actually watch a movie or TV show though? I've tried everything from on the go transcoding to those desktop viewer apps on my iOS and Android devices, and I've never found a single thing that works. I eventually gave up on streaming, especially if it's in mkv for mat or something. If I could do that when I get my Z10, that would be icing on the cake!
    02-02-13 10:15 AM
    Is it quick enough to actually watch a movie or TV show though? I've tried everything from on the go transcoding to those desktop viewer apps on my iOS and Android devices, and I've never found a single thing that works. I eventually gave up on streaming, especially if it's in mkv for mat or something. If I could do that when I get my Z10, that would be icing on the cake!
    In theory you can but it won't be the same. Plus, navigation is a pain as your desktop is not optimized for this kind of use.

Since you asked, I just connected my PB to my other computer I use for work. I went to YouTube and played a video. Both audio and video come through fine..... well mostly fine. It staggers a little . I wouldn't use it as my standalone video/audio solution but if you have something saved on your PC and want to access it, no problem.
    02-02-13 10:44 AM
    I'm trying to work out if it is possible to view my files on the network? Or even stream audio/video from my server or windows pc.

Can someone advise
    i've found an app called andSMB in BB world, it costs �5.00, it allows you to connect to SMB shares/Windows servers, looks like an Android port but works quite well, will do for now, hope that helps you.
    02-02-13 12:16 PM