CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Network files?

I'm trying to work out if it is possible to view my files on the network? Or even stream audio/video from my server or windows pc.

Can someone advise
    CrackBerry Genius

I'd like to know too. I'd also like to know if there's a way I can access files on my PC remotely from my phone over the mobile network.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Re: Network files??

Ok side loaded es explorer this allows me to view network files
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssbtech View Post
    I'd like to know too. I'd also like to know if there's a way I can access files on my PC remotely from my phone over the mobile network.
    Get a Remote Desktop app. I use Splashtop on my PlayBook and have access to both my home computers.

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    Get a Remote Desktop app. I use Splashtop on my PlayBook and have access to both my home computers.
    Is it quick enough to actually watch a movie or TV show though? I've tried everything from on the go transcoding to those desktop viewer apps on my iOS and Android devices, and I've never found a single thing that works. I eventually gave up on streaming, especially if it's in mkv for mat or something. If I could do that when I get my Z10, that would be icing on the cake!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InvalidUser0510 View Post
    Is it quick enough to actually watch a movie or TV show though? I've tried everything from on the go transcoding to those desktop viewer apps on my iOS and Android devices, and I've never found a single thing that works. I eventually gave up on streaming, especially if it's in mkv for mat or something. If I could do that when I get my Z10, that would be icing on the cake!
    In theory you can but it won't be the same. Plus, navigation is a pain as your desktop is not optimized for this kind of use.

Since you asked, I just connected my PB to my other computer I use for work. I went to YouTube and played a video. Both audio and video come through fine..... well mostly fine. It staggers a little . I wouldn't use it as my standalone video/audio solution but if you have something saved on your PC and want to access it, no problem.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by fazzioo View Post
    I'm trying to work out if it is possible to view my files on the network? Or even stream audio/video from my server or windows pc.

Can someone advise
    i've found an app called andSMB in BB world, it costs 5.00, it allows you to connect to SMB shares/Windows servers, looks like an Android port but works quite well, will do for now, hope that helps you.