To all the loyal BB10 users out here, BlackBerry has some nerves trying to force us out from BB10 and "upgrade" to a DETEK50. Smh. That's a downgrade. The comments even tells BlackBerry what they think of Android as well.

Why DTEK50 Is a Natural Upgrade from the BlackBerry Leap and our other All-touch Devices | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    enrod87 likes this.
    08-03-16 05:25 PM
    Tell us how you really feel.
    08-03-16 05:31 PM
    Forcing?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    08-03-16 05:33 PM
    Tell us how you really feel.
    Android is the best and can't wait to get my hands on one... Hurry Up DETEK50... SMH

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 05:36 PM
    There's only one way now. Take it or leave it.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    08-03-16 05:36 PM
    Seriously dude, just forget about BlackBerry. Trust me it'll make your life way easier.
    08-03-16 06:46 PM
    Forcing?
    Yeah, it's a indirect way to force, it's like saying ' Either your with us or Against us ' either try our Android because we RUN GOOGLE or move on with ios. We won't give you BB10.

Chen should come out and say ' I failed in handset division so I am closing it down ' but I will succeed it making a whole SOFTWARE company.
    08-03-16 07:28 PM
    Yeah, it's a indirect way to force, it's like saying ' Either your with us or Against us ' either try our Android because we RUN GOOGLE or move on with ios. We won't give you BB10.

Chen should come out and say ' I failed in handset division so I am closing it down ' but I will succeed it making a whole SOFTWARE company.
    Ah, no.

BlackBerry used to sell a certain product, but now sells a different one. You can choose to buy it or choose not to. No one is making you do anything.
    glwerry and anon(9803228) like this.
    08-03-16 07:53 PM
    Then why do they keep mocking at the bb10 community with promises after promise. Why do they even say that they have not ruled out a chance for another bb10 device? Why do they keep assuring the bb10 community with two more updates? And last but not the least, why do they say they offer two different platform of choice and push out articles such as these to move their customers to just one fukin droid platform?

Posted via CB10
    They ARE still supporting the OS, both with two future updates and by continuing to provide technical support.

BlackBerry still has contracts to fulfill, and BB10 will continue to coexist at the very least until the security of BlackBerry Android catches up in 6-8 months.
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    08-03-16 08:51 PM
    They ARE still supporting the OS, both with two future updates and by continuing to provide technical support.

BlackBerry still has contracts to fulfill, and BB10 will continue to coexist at the very least until the security of BlackBerry Android catches up in 6-8 months.
    Thanks for clearing this air of confusion. I hope blackberry could be more transparent in what they do. The mere play of words in their press release is such a pain. When do grown up people learn to grow?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Farzeen25; 08-03-16 at 09:49 PM.
    muellerto likes this.
    08-03-16 09:10 PM

And since BlackBerry said 6-8 months, you should be good for 18-24 months.
    08-03-16 10:04 PM
    And since BlackBerry said 6-8 months, you should be good for 18-24 months.
    That's a sigh of relief! I love BB10 And nothing about droid fascinates me. I hope to get another 3 years from the platform. :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 10:21 PM
    This again and again repeated sentence is nothing but hot air. It means just nothing. They are supporting ... my grandma is supporting, too. Indeed the development has been stopped (as far as I know). They stopped their Build for Blackberry, their own quality standards. Consequently many 3rd party developers have stopped their app development. This means the OS is dead, even if Chen surprizes the folks again by bringing a brand new device next year. It's dead and it remains dead now.
    BlackBerry still has contracts to fulfill, and BB10 will continue to coexist
    ... as a lich ...
    at the very least until the security of BlackBerry Android catches up in 6-8 months.
    They are still years away from making the new moon shine. The guys with the Blackphone try this for years. And the OS is only one topic, what about the thousands of apps? Who makes the apps secure and privacy conform? Bringing privacy into Android apps requires nothing else than a cultural change. Forget it. Nobody wants this.
    08-04-16 01:09 AM
    This again and again repeated sentence is nothing but hot air. It means just nothing. They are supporting ... my grandma is supporting, too. Indeed the development has been stopped (as far as I know). They stopped their Build for Blackberry, their own quality standards. Consequently many 3rd party developers have stopped their app development. This means the OS is dead, even if Chen surprizes the folks again by bringing a brand new device next year. It's dead and it remains dead now.
    ... as a lich ...
    They are still years away from making the new moon shine. The guys with the Blackphone try this for years. And the OS is only one topic, what about the thousands of apps? Who makes the apps secure and privacy conform? Bringing privacy into Android apps requires nothing else than a cultural change. Forget it. Nobody wants this.
    You sir have nailed it right. Chen is just keeps saying supporting bb10 then where is 10.3.3 (even if it's nothing more then security update) March and now it's Aug. BB10 is DEAD and BlackBerry won't officially reveal it unless they clear all the bb10 devices stock.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 04:59 AM

Wait and see, I don't think android will catch up with BlackBerry 10 security

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 05:30 AM
    Wait and see, I don't think android will catch up with BlackBerry 10 security

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Android is the three-legged dog, chasing a Lamborghini.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    08-04-16 05:35 AM
    Good point. Android is the three-legged dog, chasing a Lamborghini.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    Except that the said Lamborghini is really just a cardboard box with a BB10 delusional sitting in it making vroom vroom noises.
    pgg101 and anon(9803228) like this.
    08-04-16 06:17 AM

Or they are saying, your Z30 and Leap are getting old. We are not making a new BB10 device anytime soon, so you might as well get a DTEK if you want modern hardware..

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    08-04-16 06:23 AM
    You are equating "support" to "active BB10 development that includes new features". BlackBerry hasn't had the latter for the last year and a half, and BlackBerry is not suggesting that by any means. They have been crystal clear that support means two more security and privacy maintenance releases.

Other apps on Android are monitored by DTEK. If you don't like what they do with your information, you can deny permissions or delete them.
    glwerry and anon(9803228) like this.
    08-04-16 06:23 AM
    And the OS is only one topic, what about the thousands of apps? Who makes the apps secure and privacy conform? Bringing privacy into Android apps requires nothing else than a cultural change. Forget it. Nobody wants this.
    BB10 doesn't even have this. Best you can do on BB10 and Android is deny permissions (only native apps on BB10) or avoid certain apps.
    08-04-16 09:41 AM