I love the BB10 context menu. It is very convenient and accessible.

But my one gripe with it is that it is so varied and the same icons appear in different sequence in different apps.

For example, if you long press on a link from an email in hub you get this:

Need to standardize the OS.-img_20140304_153128.png

But when you do the same in the browser:

Need to standardize the OS.-img_20140304_153001.png

I think the standardization in terms of what appears where needs to be worked out, to make the OS much more user friendly and to reduce the learning curve...

What do you guys think?

On my Z10
    03-04-14 04:06 AM
    Continuity is important.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:10 AM
    Mine was totally different, a floating dialog form containing the text options appears when selecting a text both in hub or browser.

The same as to text editing apps such as docs to go and remember.

Posted via Q10 10.2.1 (2141-OS/2142-Radio)
    03-04-14 04:18 AM
    What I hate most is those different themes black and white and blue hub. Why so? Isn't it logical to have full black theme on oled displays(like Nokia n9 with meego) and light theme for other displays. And maybe the ability to switch them as anyone likes. I just cannot get why hub is white with blue header on my z30? Why not pink and green then?

Posted.
    03-04-14 04:51 AM
    I don't understand the problem here. Every different segment of the operating system has different options in its overflow menu. It's not "varied" it's fine tuned to permit the user to complete more tasks. How would it make sense to have the overflow menu options identical throughout the whole operating system? How is that logical? You can't expect to have certain options for an area where they're not available for use.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    03-04-14 04:59 AM
    You can't expect to have certain options for an area where they're not available for use.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody is suggesting that.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 05:32 AM
    I understand that overflow button should show relevant to content. But it is not exactly overflow button. If shows ALL Buttons. It is a waste of screen real estate.
    Also within OS cancel button appears both at top left for form filling and bottom left for more selection. This is really annoying.
    And add the issue of back button in ported or side loaded android apps where it appears in top left and native BlackBerry apps in bottom left

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 06:09 AM
    I don't understand the problem here. Every different segment of the operating system has different options in its overflow menu. It's not "varied" it's fine tuned to permit the user to complete more tasks. How would it make sense to have the overflow menu options identical throughout the whole operating system? How is that logical? You can't expect to have certain options for an area where they're not available for use.

Posted via CB10
    No one is suggesting the options to be completely identical, but a set of options like open in browser, open in new tab, share etc can atleast appear in similar order and not differently for different segments of the OS. This makes it faster for the user to do what they are doing...i have gotten used to it after almost six months, may be I am a slow learner, but it should be made easy...

It is like the file manager which is for no reason designed to be confusing...

On my Z10
    03-04-14 06:16 AM
    This is a bad example as the text manipulation menu has been revamped
    03-04-14 06:26 AM
    This is a bad example as the text manipulation menu has been revamped
    The text manipulation menu doesn't have an option to share, open in browser etc. Moreover, the context menu is there for a reason. My suggestion is to improve it.

Hence it is not a bad example.

On my Z10
    03-04-14 08:43 AM
    No one is suggesting the options to be completely identical, but a set of options like open in browser, open in new tab, share etc can atleast appear in similar order and not differently for different segments of the OS. This makes it faster for the user to do what they are doing...i have gotten used to it after almost six months, may be I am a slow learner, but it should be made easy...

It is like the file manager which is for no reason designed to be confusing...

On my Z10
    The order is the same if you look at the options that exist in both: copy and share.

Also, what is confusing about the file manager? Everything is exactly where you need it. It's one of the best BlackBerry 10 apps.
    der_mit likes this.
    03-04-14 09:20 AM
    The text manipulation menu doesn't have an option to share, open in browser etc. Moreover, the context menu is there for a reason. My suggestion is to improve it.

Hence it is not a bad example.

On my Z10
    There is an option to share the selected text.

Need to standardize the OS.-img_20140304_152543.png
    03-04-14 09:26 AM