Ok so the more I use BB10 the more of a train wreck I think it is.

BB10 has added duplicate contacts automatically from twitter, FB, BBM so I went in and linked them with contacts that I already had on Gmail that I synced from my 9900 so I didn't have 3 contacts for the same person. Well when I linked these contacts it for some reason removed them from my google contact list. So I went back in and added them back to google but with multiple contacts the voice commands are absolutely worthless because it continuously asks me which of the 4 "multiple" contacts I want to call. What do I need to do to fix this? I mean why would BB make a contact for someone I follow on twitter, or create a duplicate BBM contact for someone I already have in my contacts list?

Hopefully someone can help me out here because I have pretty well lost all my faith in BB at this point in time and am ready to switch back to OS7 or just move away from BB all together. I just don't understand how BB could have broken so many "basic" functions in BB10.

Thanks
    10-09-13 01:53 AM
    The reason contacts are linked is so that they behave as one rather than many. Linking several contacts shouldn't have resulted in one disappearing. The link editor sheet will tell you where each link came from.

It creates contacts for twitter Facebook and the like because some people use those systems to communicate. If you don't, go into settings and turn them off.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 04:53 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

It definitely removed contacts from my Gmail when I linked them with the auto created contacts. Can you disable the auto contact creation for each app or does it disable it for everything? Also where are the options to disable it ?

Thanks,.
    10-09-13 12:25 PM
    I just unlinked all contacts then turned them all off except BlackBerry Link contacts. All contacts are still accessible when composing from Hub. Just leave on the contacts you need to see in contacts app. Usually ones with phone numbers.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    10-09-13 04:31 PM
    I just unlinked all contacts then turned them all off except BlackBerry Link contacts. All contacts are still accessible when composing from Hub. Just leave on the contacts you need to see in contacts app. Usually ones with phone numbers.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS

Thanks for the reply, I will give that a try.

I still don't understand why BB10 thinks it needs to auto create contacts based off of apps I have installed on my phone. I can't find anyway to turn it off either. I also don't know why BB10 would be removing contacts from my Gmail account just because I linked a BBM conact to one of my Gmail contacts. Maybe it is just a bug or something but it is pretty frustrating none the less.
    10-09-13 08:39 PM