2 of my most used apps, BB Maps and Runtastic keep giving me an error message that GPS signal can't be found.
    I updated my Z10's (2) to 10.3 using Sanchesi sometime ago. Immediately after updating, I started experiencing the "no GPS" signal. Prior to updating, no problem. So, with the Z30 on sale, I decided I must have goofed when updating, and this would be a good opportunity to upgrade my phone. Well, shortly after transferring my data from the Z10 to the Z30, I started experiencing the same problem. I can shut off and restart any of the 3 phones and BB Maps will work for the next destination. But as soon as I try to map a new destination, I'm back to the same error message. So the problem has to be in my data, but I don't know where to look. If anyone can tell me what to look at/fix/delete to gain functionality back, I would be very grateful!
    04-23-15 11:09 AM
    Some forum members reported that Poynt running in the background causes GPS problems. You won't see it in Device Monitor. So if you have Poynt installed, delete it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 11:42 AM
    Interesting. I'll try deleting Poynt, but can't imagine how that could be since I've had Poynt on since I've had the phone. I have to believe it has something to do my updating to 10.3 via Sanchesi, but can't for the life of me figure out what. And it has to be something that changed something in my data because it became a problem on the Z30 as soon as I transferred my data from the Z10.
    04-23-15 02:47 PM
    Deleting Poynt didn't help. However, deleting Google play and Google account (hadn't installed the play store yet) seemed to make the difference on the Z30. Deleting the 3 apps doesn't seem to have helped the Z10's though as it's still an intermittent problem. Now the problem is, some of my android apps don't show in the Amazon store, so I need to figure a way to have Google play store on my phone so I can keep them updated.
    04-24-15 05:35 AM
    If you don't already have Advanced Task Killer, install it. It squashes all running android apps in two taps. Trouble is that some android apps keep coming back. You'll need to constantly squash them or delete them if they become too annoying. If nothing else, they use up memory and slow down your phone.

Advanced Task Killer also finds all Android apps running in the background even they don't show up in Device Monitor.

Also want to say that I have 2726 on my Z10 and 2708 on my Z30, my Q10 and my wife's Passport. None of them has any GPS issue. So it is likely that your and other's GPS issues are caused by some misbehaving android apps as the result of the new Android Runtime in the new OS. Other than GPS issues, there are also reports that the Kindle app causes high phone temperature and battery drain. There are likely to be other android apps causing similar or other problems. Only time will tell.

For your info, I also have Cobalt patched Google Play Store and Google login installed for Google Maps to run. They don't seem to affect my GPS at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 08:22 AM
    That's good to hear as I'd really like to have Google login and Playstore on my new Z30. Just have been afraid to install it.
    04-25-15 07:09 AM