Because I could no longer live with 30 days of email and no remote server search, I set up a Microsoft exchange account.

Contacts and calendar work perfectly fine but I have some issues with mail.

The remote search won't work at all. The option appears when I attempt to search the inbox but never returns any results. Of course I could use the sync forever option but I'd rather not.

Also when I delete an email it will appear in thrash/deleted msgs on my PC but not on the Q10. All other folders like sent messages or personal folders sync perfectly.

My last issue. I forwarded all my adresses to my exchange account but I can only reply with one email address. I'd like to be able to reply with different addresses if possible.

Thanks a lot. I hope someone is able to help me.

Sent from my Q10
    05-29-13 12:31 PM
    Because I could no longer live with 30 days of email and no remote server search, I set up a Microsoft exchange account.

The remote search won't work at all. The option appears when I attempt to search the inbox but never returns any results. Of course I could use the sync forever option but I'd rather not.

Also when I delete an email it will appear in thrash/deleted msgs on my PC but not on the Q10. All other folders like sent messages or personal folders sync perfectly.

My last issue. I forwarded all my adresses to my exchange account but I can only reply with one email address. I'd like to be able to reply with different addresses if possible.

Sent from my Q10
    How is your PC Client connected to Exchange? If it's not a direct connection on the same LAN or connected using HTTP over RPC then it will not be a real time sync.
    05-29-13 12:43 PM
    Over the Internet with outlook 2010. Don't see what that has to do with my questions though?

Sent from my Q10
    05-29-13 12:51 PM
    I figured out that on the BB exchange folder settings "deleted items" is not selected but the button is greyed out and I can't select it. Any ideas?

Also added the exchange account to my iPhone. Works perfect there. I can perform a remote search and actually find something. The 'deleted items' folder also gets synced and when I delete an email on the iphone it ends up in that folder too.

Wish the Q10 would do that ...
    Last edited by buu511; 05-29-13 at 03:08 PM.
    05-29-13 02:51 PM
    I have a Z10, not a Q10, but I believe it works the same. I also set up a personal Exchange account and everything syncs great, but for whatever reason BlackBerry doesn't allow syncing the deleted items folder on BB10. Doesn't make sense to me and I sure hope they change that, but there's nothing we can do about it.

As for the remote search, don't know what to tell you because my remote search is working. Maybe someone else will know.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:00 PM

Sent from my Q10
    Deleted Items folder aside, there is an issue with the # of days back the remote search function works and it's a known bug:
    More on it here: E-Mail Server Search?
    05-29-13 07:48 PM
    Thanks that thread helped. I did figure out that I can search for 60 day's old email. Anything after that is not working.

The deleted items folder is a pain too.

BlackBerry really needs to fix their email problems.

Sent from my Q10
    05-30-13 06:59 AM