Hi all,

I've had my Z10 for 2 days now and have been journaling my experience (on the wonderful Remember app no less). Let me preface this post by saying I love the Z10. It's blazing fast, very smooth and I love the HUB and it's practical uses (though there's room for improvement). Gmail works wonderfully and I get the email within a minute of it being sent. I don't understand what people are complaining about the rotation speed, it's responsive for me (maximum 1 second, most of the time less)

I found some issues that I'm hoping are just due to my own lack of education and have fixes/justifiable reasons available for their existence. Can you help shed some light on the following?

1. In Blackberry World, sometimes it forces me to switch to WIFI to download the app without giving me an option to download it through my carrier. I have 6GB data for a reason, the file was about 75mb. I'm quite fine with using 75MB of my data plan for this app but BB World isn't. What's going on here?

2. Delete E-mail on device/on handheld & device option isn't there. This is critical for me. From reading some other posts it seems this may not have been added into this OS. I hope there's a setting somewhere to bring it back that's been overlooked (or at the very least implemented in a future OS update)

3. Every now and then my Contact List updates the name all on its own. This seems to be connected to that contact's BBM status/name which is annoying as sometimes my friends change their name's 2-3 times in a day. I seem to have found a way to fix this but i don't know what it is...I just know that for certain contacts, it no longer updates their name (which I want). I turned off all BBM syncing of the Contact List in the settings option but this still happens so I'm wondering if it has something to do with me linking my contacts together from different address books (gmail, bbm, hotmail).

4. Selecting multiple items grows increasingly slower as you select more items. I was cleaning up my contact list and was selecting around 80 people to delete...oh man...by the time I got to, say, the 20th person, it didn't register my selections without a 3 second delay, by the time i was selecting the 40th person, there was maybe a 5-8 second delay. The good thing is that i can just select everything without waiting and the Z10 would catch up but WOW, by the time i got to the 70th, there was like a 10 second wait for the selection to be highlighted.

And if that wasn't bad enough, once i hit delete, it took no less than 4 minutes to delete them all. Now it's not every day i'm deleting 80 people off my list so whatever, but still, this little detail should shine with speed and brightness, I don't have time to sit and wait for my contact list to update something i could've done on my BB7 device within 25 seconds max.

5. Now this is a weird one. Let's say I was talking on BBM from my HUB and then i left it to do something else. Then let's say i hit on the 'text message' icon to go see my texts, it takes me back to my BBM chat in my hub. While normally, going back into my HUB i'd appreciate going back to where i left off from, but if i specifically hit the text message icon, i expect to be lead to the text message window. Is there an option to do this currently or is this just the way it is for now?

Anyway, I hope people don't take this as a complain post. I'm very much impressed with the Z10, I find it so intuitive and practical. This is the very best typing experience I've ever had on a touch screen. I'm a pro Physical Keyboard user and I'm typing just as fast as--if not faster--than my Bold 9900. Gestures are amazing! I will never interact with another phone the same way, it's going to be difficult to pick up an iPhone or SGSIII/NoteII and stop myself from intuitively swiping in.

There are some wonderful apps, I sideloaded some great android apps, there are some great games. I love interacting with all my social platforms from one place (the HUB). etc. etc.

Great phone, just would like some input on the notes i put up and I'm looking forward to future OS updates
    02-07-13 01:14 PM
    1) No fix yet. All apps over 50MB will automatically revert to wifi for downloading.
    2) Can't be done yet. There is no setting for it.
    3) No idea. I don't use BBM.
    4) Don't select them all at once. Delete them in stages.
    5) Known bug already reported to BlackBerry. Should be fixed in next update.
    Rayysai likes this.
    02-07-13 01:26 PM
    For NUMBER 5 It is just a quirk/glitch with the HUB. It always takes you back to the last 'hub activity' when you try to use another one. If you leave the hub on a text and go back in to send an email it will open from the text. Im sure that will be fixed soon

NUMBER 4 I noticed that to... I just did smaller groups, I usually do that anyways as a habit from lagging computers at my work lol

NUMBER 3 I believe that if you link the BBM pin with another contact for the same person it will use the BBM info as secondary contact info, so it will show just the name of the person. I did this with my gf and it seems to be doing that, but I added my brothers PIN first and then his number and his contact name changes with his BBM status.

NUMBER 2 I believe that IS a problem that everyone is having, we will look into it more i guess.

NUMBER 1 THIS WILL WORK! NO WI-FI NEEDED!

Go into the BB World, Swipe top down and choose settings. Choose 'Network & Data Limits' and slide the 'Use Wi-Fi Only' to OFF.
    WORKS PERFECT
    *For some reason this does seem to work for only under 50MB, but I got a couple larger apps the other day without wifi... it may just be a glitch

Also, if you are looking for more android apps, or want to post links to your working ones:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ng-z10-766594/
    Rayysai likes this.
    02-07-13 01:29 PM
    Forcing you to download apps over a certain size over wifi isn't a Blackberry thing, it's actually on all new smartphone OS's. I believe it started as a demand by carriers to take load off their system, because downloading large apps (usually games) isn't a necessity, and they realize that people don't usually exceed their limits to do it. Maybe Blackberry has some say in that, but I'm not sure...
    02-07-13 01:40 PM
    NUMBER 1 THIS WILL WORK! NO WI-FI NEEDED!

Go into the BB World, Swipe top down and choose settings. Choose 'Network & Data Limits' and slide the 'Use Wi-Fi Only' to OFF.
    WORKS PERFECT
    WICKED. thank you.

and thank you everyone else for the input
    02-07-13 03:31 PM