Strange but I have never called anyone's phone and felt they intentionally rejected my call because of the number of rings received before going to VM. The number of rings people hear on their end varies so I just never gave it a thought. Now because of this thread I may have to go for therapy for rejection issues. Thanks a lot!!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2180
    eldricho and endevour like this.
    05-29-14 12:47 PM
    that's what I do now, sending a text to the caller that I'm busy at that moment, since 10.2.1. However, there's time where people just don't want to pick up the phone and let it go to the voice mail naturally.
    05-29-14 06:41 PM
    Strange but I have never called anyone's phone and felt they intentionally rejected my call because of the number of rings received before going to VM. The number of rings people hear on their end varies so I just never gave it a thought. Now because of this thread I may have to go for therapy for rejection issues. Thanks a lot!!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2180
    I think a lot of people now days know the difference between a phones completely off ring and an ignore amount of rings. Probably 90% accurate lol so he has a point about not wanting to slide to ignore

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 06:48 PM
    You guys realize that the ringing the caller hears isn't tied to the ringing on the recipient's phone, right? You're assuming that they're assuming...
    05-29-14 07:56 PM
    You guys realize that the ringing the caller hears isn't tied to the ringing on the recipient's phone, right? You're assuming that they're assuming...
    Lol of course the rings don't match that doesn't matter if you dial someone and it goes to voice-mail without ringing the phones off, if you dial and it rings once or twice or so they ignored your call.im telling you its like 90% accurate formula lol scientifically proven

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:04 PM
    Good point. I just called my BlackBerry from the landline. I let the BlackBerry ring a few times and then rejected the call. I was listening on the landline, and I couldn't tell whether the call had been rejected or if it just naturally went to voicemail. I think where people can tell is if a mobile phone they're calling is off. Then it goes to voicemail almost instantly with no rings. When I repeat the same test and let it ring until it goes to voicemail by itself, it rings for a really long time. It rings a few times on the landline's handset before my BlackBerry even starts to ring at all! Carrier settings probably have a lot to do with the way it's handled.
    05-29-14 08:06 PM
    Lol of course the rings don't match that doesn't matter if you dial someone and it goes to voice-mail without ringing the phones off, if you dial and it rings once or twice or so they ignored your call.im telling you its like 90% accurate formula lol scientifically proven
    Well, as I was explaining in my previous post, when I call my BlackBerry from my landline, I hear two rings in the landline's receiver before my BlackBerry even starts to ring. If I reject the call after the second ring on the BlackBerry, it's undetectable whether I rejected it or it went to voicemail on its own. Really could be either way, 50/50 chance.
    05-29-14 08:11 PM
    Well, as I was explaining in my previous post, when I call my BlackBerry from my landline, I hear two rings in the landline's receiver before my BlackBerry even starts to ring. If I reject the call after the second ring on the BlackBerry, it's undetectable whether I rejected it or it went to voicemail on its own. Really could be either way, 50/50 chance.
    That's cool, I disagree though almost every encounter I've had like this I knew they clicked ignore or the person knew I ignored the call.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:25 PM
    That's cool, I disagree though almost every encounter I've had like this I knew they clicked ignore or the person knew I ignored the call.
    I've been able to tell a couple of times with one of my contacts, because I know his mannerisms. He usually answers right away or he misses the call and it goes to voicemail by itself. The few times when I knew he rejected the call was when he wavered. He let it ring too long before he rejected, but not long enough to go to voicemail by itself. He's probably been rejecting my calls more often than I've realized, lol.
    05-29-14 08:34 PM
    I've been able to tell a couple of times with one of my contacts, because I know his mannerisms. He usually answers right away or he misses the call and it goes to voicemail by itself. The few times when I knew he rejected the call was when he wavered. He let it ring too long before he rejected, but not long enough to go to voicemail by itself. He's probably been rejecting my calls more often than I've realized, lol.
    Hahaha!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:43 PM
    I want my bb10 os that can customize specific contact sms, email and cal tone volume from 10%, 30%, etc like previous OS6,7 function.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:30 PM
    And I want my incoming cal not only show contact name, but contact's company and etc info. I need this so much!!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:37 PM
    This feature is not just about ignoring the call as some perceive it to be. It is being able to multitask at every instance. Why only lock the incoming screen out of it when all else can be swiped up. Some instance when this kind of feature can be useful are

1. You are writing an email and the phone rings. You don't want to talk before finishing the email.
    2. You are taking a photograph and the call comes in. You just want to click the shot and take the call after it.
    3. You are showing something on your phone to a friend and someone calls. You just want to finish off showing that thing before picking up.

In all these instances and many similar ones I can think of, one can put the call to background and finish whatever one is doing and pick the call. No need to send to voice mail, send an auto reply or reject the call.

This can be used to ignore calls when you are doing something else on your phone
    1. A telemarketer calls you and keep calling you even if you cut him off.
    2. Some impatient people keep calling if you cut them off or send to voice mail. At least you can take a break while the phone rings rather than being busy cutting them off.

In many instances when you send an auto reply, people respond with a text which you would not like to answer while you are busy doing something else on the phone. So it is always better to take the call into background, finish whatever you are doing and call that person back.

It is also useful when your friend is calling while you are reading a very interesting blog post or playing a game on your phone and you need to ignore him before you finish it. Especially when he knows you are lazying around at home.

So this is about multitasking, finishing whatever you are doing before picking up and ignoring without the fear of being rude.
    HotFix, WWBlondieDo, LuayS and 1 others like this.
    05-29-14 11:35 PM
    Sounds like a great idea. Hit up that BlackBerry suggestions email address. It's around here somewhere. Lol.
    05-30-14 02:10 AM
    It would be a good option to have. Lots of folks mentioned declining the call. But what about a case where you might want to take the call but just not yet ..? Maybe there's some app you want to launch right before you take the call. Maybe it just takes you a few rings to do it.

So being able to background it has practical use.
    05-30-14 02:15 AM
    I'll just drop that one, once more.
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/nextgen/ideas

I prefer that over the email suggestions thing.
    You at least will get some feedback and people can comment and vote on your idea!

Go for it!

Anyone got the email at hands so we're complete on options?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 03:24 AM
    I'll just drop that one, once more.
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/nextgen/ideas

I prefer that over the email suggestions thing.
    You at least will get some feedback and people can comment and vote on your idea!

Go for it!

Anyone got the email at hands so we're complete on options?

Posted via CB10
    Already there. Go vote!

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-video-inside-

And an addition

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....on-call-screen

Z10, STL100-1, 10.2.1.3175
    endevour likes this.
    05-30-14 03:55 AM
    Has been there for quite some while
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, never knew about this site. If Crackberry promoted this on the front page I think it would really help with these kind of ideas as the amount of people using it would surge!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-30-14 05:49 AM
    Thanks, never knew about this site. If Crackberry promoted this on the front page I think it would really help with these kind of ideas as the amount of people using it would surge!

Posted via CB10
    Yes I can only agree, this page is the answer to many threads
    05-30-14 12:23 PM
    i dont get why some people are so negative about this idea....
    if you dont want to use it fine, but bashing other people for liking it is just poor.

I love the idea, im one of those person who dont want to instantly reject a call, especially if its from work or relatives.
    This would be a great feature i would love to have. Just swiping away the call, let it continue silently and let me continue with whatever im doing with my bb at the moment!

You have my vote!
    DS1331 likes this.
    05-30-14 02:31 PM
95 ... 234