Anyone feel the need to take the incoming call to active frame or background without picking up call? I feel the need so many times when I am doing something in the phone (like reading an interesting post in CB ) and the call comes in. If I am not in mood to pick up that call, I have to wait till the caller hangs up to continue what I was doing. This is available for outgoing call though.

In WebOS, I could just swipe up to send the call to minimised mode. Then I could do what ever I was doing, finish and pick up the call if the caller is still calling.

Anyone else feel the need?

Z10, STL100-1, 10.2.1.2141
    05-28-14 01:45 AM
    that's a great idea actually. I've been in this exact situation many times, and I wondered if this would be possible someday. I'm not sure if its simple or easy to implement/use, but if it can be done without a hassle, then sure I'm up for it. Nice suggestion
    Doggerz, BigAl_BB9900 and eldricho like this.
    05-28-14 02:17 AM
    Why don't you just decline the call or use the "Reply Now" texts and then continue what you were doing?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 04:27 AM
    Why don't you just decline the call or use the "Reply Now" texts and then continue what you were doing?

Posted via CB10
    What if he doesn't want to decline the call or send some kind of "Reply Now" text to the caller? He simply wants to ignore the call and continue doing other things. Now, that isn't so hard to understand, or is it? I'd say the option to swipe up to minimize is a good one.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    05-28-14 04:39 AM
    Hard to understand? Not at all. Rediculous? Absolutely!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 05:40 AM
    I'm all for it. The last thing I want to have happen while enjoying my BlackBerry is for the damn phone to ruin everything.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-28-14 05:45 AM
    Definitely a good idea. In some instances I'm reading something important then a call comes in. This caller, I do not want to talk to yet nor send a SMS because I want the caller to recognise that I didn't pick up the phone because "I must be away" kind of thing. So minimising it and ignoring the call is a good idea to various extent.

Posted via CB10 Z30
    05-28-14 05:55 AM
    Hey.. I'd love to have this option.
    Sometimes I will ignore calls especially from unrecognised calls where you get these tele marketers trying to sell something.
    Swiping up and ignore the call is a great idea.

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    05-28-14 06:13 AM
    Doesn't declining the calm send it on to voice mail? Rather than having to wait for the system to send it? That's what I thought declining did. Then you don't have to listen to it ring the whole time.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-28-14 06:17 AM
    Doesn't declining the calm send it on to voice mail? Rather than having to wait for the system to send it? That's what I thought declining did. Then you don't have to listen to it ring the whole time.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    It does with my phone, but the person on the other end might figure out what you did if not only rang twice and then went to VM. That's why I am hesitant to decline calls.

I too would like to tell the call screen to "go away" w/o declining the call.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    05-28-14 06:25 AM
    It does with my phone, but the person on the other end might figure out what you did if not only rang twice and then went to VM. That's why I am hesitant to decline calls.

^^This.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-28-14 06:36 AM

So? Are you afraid they'll complain that you rejected their call because you didn't/couldn't take their call? This just sounds like something a teenager might do; everyone else declines the call and the other party understands that you're busy and can't take the call; same as if you didn't reject and didn't answer because you were actually busy and not just ignoring them, go figure.

Posted via CB10
    zehkaiser and pantlesspenguin like this.
    05-28-14 06:49 AM
    So? Are you afraid they'll complain that you rejected their call because you didn't/couldn't take their call? This just sounds like something a teenager might do; everyone else declines the call and the other party understands that you're busy and can't take the call; same as if you didn't reject and didn't answer because you were actually busy and not just ignoring them, go figure.

Posted via CB10
    You and I clearly have different sets of people that call us. :-)

Customers call my phone and its all about perception. I would rather be perceived as not at my phone then potentially deliberately ignoring them.

Besides I don't want to deal with pissyness of my friends and family if they feel slighted.

In short I don't feel it's worth the potential hassle regardless if they should or shouldn't understand.

05-28-14 07:29 AM
    Maybe when you are in other apps, a toast notification can pop up showing the caller details and answer/ decline / ignore buttons. Then you do any one of the actions or just ignore the notification itself

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 07:54 AM
    You and I clearly have different sets of people that call us. :-)

Customers call my phone and its all about perception. I would rather be perceived as not at my phone then potentially deliberately ignoring them.

Besides I don't want to deal with pissyness of my friends and family if they feel slighted.

In short I don't feel it's worth the potential hassle regardless if they should or shouldn't understand.

How long do you think it takes customers to figure out what you're doing if you do just ignore the call? If the phone rings twice and goes to voice mail at least i know you are paying attention to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 08:15 AM
    The point of this thread is not about declining calls.
    But it's about having the phone app minimise if it rings and we don't want to answer it straight away when we are doing something else important.
    Instead we have to wait until the ringing end before we can minimise and continue doing what we are doing..

05-28-14 09:10 AM
    The point of this thread is not about declining calls.
    But it's about having the phone app minimise if it rings and we don't want to answer it straight away when we are doing something else important.
    Instead we have to wait until the ringing end before we can minimise and continue doing what we are doing..

I get it that people don't want to hang up and let the caller wait in line...
    I have to add that yeah I do think that's kinda childish... but w/e floats your boat. What do you want the phone app to do once minimized? Stop ringing but letting the caller wait?

It's 2014 .. it's probably nice to have an option but... you know you can always hang up and call back... people need to learn that their calls might get rejected when someone is busy anyways.

<scnr>You don't have to wait, just hang up/reject and call back later.</scnr>
    05-28-14 09:14 AM
    I get it that people don't want to hang up and let the caller wait in line...
    I have to add that yeah I do think that's kinda childish... but w/e floats your boat. What do you want the phone app to do once minimized? Stop ringing but letting the caller wait?

It's 2014 .. it's probably nice to have an option but... you know you can always hang up and call back... people need to learn that their calls might get rejected when someone is busy anyways.

<scnr>You don't have to wait, just hang up/reject and call back later.</scnr>
    It's not childish when I don't want to answer the call and doesn't want to hurt the caller's feeling by thinking that we purposely reject their call without having to answer back..
    It's 2014. And I still have my courtesy, being an Asian, NOT to hurt someone's feeling by rejecting calls INTENTIONALLY.

It works just the same way as we touch the screen to silent the ringing. And this is where we want it minimised.
    Because, even if we already silent the ring, we still have to wait until the other person hung up before we can minimise the screen.

05-28-14 09:50 AM
    This will make BlackBerry 10 so cool if they include that

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:51 AM
    I've been in this situation and I think this is a smashing idea. It's amazing the amount of people that think we all use our devices in the exact same way. This thread is littered with them already.
    HotFix and Soul_Est like this.
    05-28-14 09:58 AM
    It's not childish when I don't want to answer the call and doesn't want to hurt the caller's feeling by thinking that we purposely reject their call without having to answer back..
    It's 2014. And I still have my courtesy, being an Asian, NOT to hurt someone's feeling by rejecting calls INTENTIONALLY.

It works just the same way as we touch the screen to silent the ringing. And this is where we want it minimised.
    Because, even if we already silent the ring, we still have to wait until the other person hung up before we can minimise the screen.

How would you hurt anyones feelings by rejecting a call? I'd rather get rejected than held in line wasting my time. It's the same with support hotlines
    But that kind of attitude might differ from culture to culture so can we agree to disagree?

I get that an option would be nice to minimize (and additionally silence) the call to keep doing what you were doing before while the call gets hold in background.
    Might I direct you to https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/ to submit your idea?
    jafrul and Kylo Stilo like this.
    05-28-14 10:02 AM
    Wow! Didn't see the negativity coming. I think an option to do these kind of thing is always nice. One can simply use it or ignore it. You don't even need to turn it off.

If you like to minimise the call, use it. If not simply accept or reject. There is no need to argue on cultural differences. I think the preference is purely personal and might even change over time and type of people calling.

Just to clear up more on the feature, in webos, the call minimizes to a notification bar and ringer silences once you minimize it. A similar feature is something I am looking for. Unless one has used this feature before on webos or other phones, one might not realise the usefulness.

Z10, STL100-1, 10.2.1.2141
    BigAl_BB9900 and Soul_Est like this.
    05-28-14 10:10 AM
    You can always answer then minimize the call to active frame and even close the active frame with the call still active and click phone again if you need to hang up
    05-28-14 10:17 AM
    How long do you think it takes customers to figure out what you're doing if you do just ignore the call? If the phone rings twice and goes to voice mail at least i know you are paying attention to your phone
    I take it you regularly use the "reject call" feature?

... It works just the same way as we touch the screen to silent the ringing. And this is where we want it minimised ...
    That's an awesome idea. The "silence ringer" feature is not all that useful by itself. It's a lame compromise and may as well not even be there when anyway there's the "reject call" feature.
    05-28-14 10:27 AM
    People here continue to amaze me, you people can't wait the 20 seconds or so for the call to go away? Wow! Would you like your BlackBerry to make you a cup of coffee too?

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-28-14 10:32 AM
95 123 ...