I just downloaded it and it is smooth. Good to see developers upgrading their android ports to full versions

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:22 AM
    You mean fast tube?

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-29-13 07:26 AM
    Down loaded last night. Better than the port and has some new/ different features. I like it.
    10-29-13 07:30 AM
    Oh excuse me, youversion is the bible app that's right -.-' thought you meant fast tube for youtube lol I apologize.

bspence87 likes this.
    10-29-13 07:39 AM
    is it me or its not doing the automatic rollover to the next page using the audible versions.
    10-29-13 07:39 AM
    Thread number 3 or 4 on this exact same subject.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:04 AM
    is it me or its not doing the automatic rollover to the next page using the audible versions.
    I noticed that too. Might be as setting.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:57 PM
    You mean fast tube?

Nope, got that too though.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:57 PM
    Yes it doesn't do this. I'm checking into it now and will let you know, when I find out.

Just so you know, I'm one of the volunteers for the support team.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 02:58 PM
    Someone put a new review of the app and only gave it four stars, saying it was much improved but holding out a star "until it was native"......umm, it is native which is why it is so good now.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:44 PM
    Not happy with the changes. ave to redownload all the offline versions. The copy feature is gone from the share options. Formatting is odd, it doesn't forward to next chapter on it's own and a host of other things. I hadn't told my wife and she updated and is not happy either. The only change I like is you don't have to select all the way to verse. It goes to the chapter start instead. I wonder if I can find a ar files to sideload of the previous version?
    10-31-13 01:56 AM
    The sideload was available.
    But as to your concerns, this is essentially the 1.0 version for BB10.
    There will be things to work out

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 06:56 PM
    Hey.. I recently uninsulated and reinstalled the app, but I can't sign in.. it just keeps saying "ssl handshake failed".
    Anyone knows how to fix this??

Join my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    02-01-14 11:05 AM
    Got this response from Christina yesterday evening (2/4/14)...

Hello Randy, thank you for contacting YouVersion support.

I'm sorry you are seeing this issue. I have checked into this, and it seems that after the upgrade to OS 10.2.1, this is now happening. I am having the same issue on my phone as well. I have contacted the developer about this, and he is looking into it. I will keep this email open, and will reply back to you, when I find out the fix for this issue. For now, please use the mobile site on your phone. Please go to http://m.youversion.com

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    God Bless,

Christena H.
    Volunteer YouVersion User Advocate
    GodGibson likes this.
    02-05-14 04:20 PM
    Thanks!

Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

02-06-14 12:56 AM
    I got the same response from Christena a few days ago. They are very good about fixing bugs usually.

Although I hate to admit it, I loaded the Android version from Snap and like it even better than the native version. I have had no problems with it at all, actually prefer the format, and best if all it works in landscape mode.

Tough to say whether or not I'll go back native when is is updated.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 06:33 PM
    Hmm, is it as smooth as the native version though?

02-06-14 08:09 PM
    Hmm, is it as smooth as the native version though?

I'd be interested in knowing this as well. Perhaps I'll just try it out myself
    02-06-14 08:34 PM
    Haha please report back to us to how it goes!

02-06-14 09:50 PM
    The BlackBerry You Version is so much faster and smoother than the Android! The only complaint I have is what everyone else is saying about the audio stopping at the end of each Chapter. (Q10)

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:47 PM
    Have not tried the audio, but yes the Android app is as fluid as the native. I am actually preferring some features such as highlighting and double click full screen.
    The look is very similar to the PlayBook version, except it works better.

I should add this is on a Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Midnight Barbecue; 02-07-14 at 12:18 AM.
    02-07-14 12:03 AM
    I concur with this. Have been playing around with it for the last few hours and the native app is more fluid and intuitive (I think). However, the android version has a few more options AND actually works for me. So, it's the android option until the Native one gets fixed.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 07:09 AM
    The latest issue I have noticed is with the search feature. It used to search for all occurrences of the requested word in the translation you were in. Now it pulls up all occurrences in every translation and only a partial list shows up. This was interesting in that I discovered the very fun to read Hawaiian translation "Jesus Book" is in the app just not listed as an available translation but when trying to find something simple like sword you only get about 4 verses but in every translation. Definitely needs a fix and Landscape mode should be a priority fix. I found a work around for my copy to clipboard feature that is missing but it takes a lot longer than the old method that was standard on the Android version.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:15 AM
    Not sure what is going on with YouVersion but the app won't let my wife sign in. It keeps giving an SSL Handshake Error. I see others are having this problem. They say the update from BB is available but the current version on AppWorld is still 10.0.1.12
    02-19-14 02:58 AM
    There is a fun for not being able to sign in.
    Got the following email from Christena:

We have found out that there is an issue that BlackBerry is looking into. There are two GlobalSign Root CA certificates that can be found on your BlackBerry: Settings > Security and Privacy > Certificates > Authorities. One of the certificates expired on January 28th, 2014. The phone is attempting to validate the site's certificate using this expired certificate. You can read more about this here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35687.

I'm happy to say that there is a workaround for this issue, that BlackBerry has provided on their site (I've copied it below). I've tried this on my phone, and it worked great.

For the workaround, please follow the steps below:
    1. Browse to Settings > Security and Privacy > Certificates > Authorities.
    2. Open one of the GlobalSign Root CA certificates.
    Check that the Not Valid After setting shows Jan 28, 2014 and then choose the applicable step to follow:
    If the setting matched, then scroll back to the top and uncheck Trusted.
    If the setting did not match, then repeat these steps on the other GlobalSign Root CA certificate.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    God Bless,

Christena H.
    Volunteer YouVersion User Advocate

On my device the first one was expired, so I unchecked 'trusted', and the second one shows valid until 2028 so I left it alone. Was able to sign right in. App is working again!
    Incidentally my Android version is acting up as of yesterday. Hope that clears itself up, I thing I prefer it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:02 PM
28 12