ok yeah we've all heard about the HTML scores , but the bb10 browser is ****ty, and very annoying, why does a page have to reload once you minimize the browser, even when you change tabs, u have to wait for it to reload, and please dont tell me its a micro second, there are times when you just want to reply an email and you swipe up , get back and then browser has to reload page then you have to scroll and find where you were..that is just plain stupid, why doesn't it cache the pages, why does it reload the pages always.. its ineefficient , slow and data consuming and veryyyyyy annoying.....
    06-06-14 07:42 AM
    They don't reload when you minimize or change tabs tho

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    06-06-14 07:48 AM
    I haven't noticed any reloading of the browser when minimized, unless the page hadn't finished loading before doing so.

BTW, I tweaked the title for better exposure.
    06-06-14 07:51 AM
    They don't but when you open 7 tabs or more then they'll reload I have same issue

CB10 - Q5 -10.3.0.296/441 (radio)
    06-06-14 07:52 AM
    They do on my phone, u might not notice it, but they do, even changing tabs, causes the old one u are on to reload when u go back into it.

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    06-06-14 07:58 AM
    Yes they do!
    This one annoys me a lot. You cannot rely on this, even if you have 2 tabs opened. It happens almost every time. The inactive tabs are being cleared from memory even on light multitasking, eg: switch to an app then back, chose the inactive tab: boom, tab is reloaded!

People who are claiming that it didn't happen to them, are clearly barely using the browser.

A temporary fix for this is to restart the phone. But the issue will reappear after you multitask a little.

The browser needs a lot of tweaks beside this: optimize battery consumption (the browser makes the phone hot in no time, 38C-40C)*, the UI feels slugglish, improve performance on medium-heavy javascript/css sites, improve text input lag (if you leave the browser opened for some time, you will notice that you cannot write a reply unless you restart the browser..), app load time.

Prior to Z10, I was an iphone 5 user for more than a year, the Safari browser offers one of the best enjoyable web experience. Less lag, better memory management (even with less RAM), better app start time, slightly faster pages loading (tested side-by-side), better render and scroll performance on heavy sites, UI feels lighter, phone remains cool while using it*.

Also by clearing the tab from memory you lose the history-per-tab. Something that doesn't happen to iOS browser, even if you close the browser.

Actually since owning the Z10 I use the browser less due to frustrations it can create (especially the heat and reload tabs).

Hope it will be improved in 10.3.

* Using wifi (wifi is always on). LTE is disabled.
    06-06-14 08:05 AM
    Yes..they reload and they do it frequently. This is a very annoying problem and I'm astonished that nobody noticed it before..!!
    06-06-14 08:11 AM
    Yes..they reload and they do it frequently. This is a very annoying problem and I'm astonished that nobody noticed it before..!!
    Being a heavy web user I've noticed shortly after I've switched from iphone 5 (iOS 7.1) to z10. And was highly disappointed of the web browser because I've read here only praises, including myths (eg: the fastest browser WHICH is simply not, tested side by side with same wifi network, it is fast, but the iphone 5 with ios 7.1 loads the pages slightly faster.. not a whine, just want to debunk the myth). And I've expected more, thus the disappointing.
    Also the BB10 browser's javascript performance is bellow iOS (tested via sunspider, almost twice faster on iOS 7.1).

The BB10, as the OP stated, scores higher in HTML5 implementations.. and this has nothing to do with the performance.
    danifulger likes this.
    06-06-14 08:16 AM
    I haven't noticed any reloading of the browser when minimized, unless the page hadn't finished loading before doing so.
    The OP means that the reloads occurs when you come back and switch to an inactive tab after minimizing the browser. The active tab remains the same when you minimize and come back. The problem is with inactive tabs. Even if you have 2 tabs in total.

Sometimes it happen to reload the other tab even if you use only the browser and navigate couple of pages.
    06-06-14 08:27 AM
    Yeah, I've noticed this problem as well. It's annoying as heck. Worst thing is that if you are on a specific page where you arrived by clicking through a few links all of the history where you came from is removed and you can't use the back button to go back. The page you were in reloads as though it was the first landing page.

I never paid too much attention to it because I accepted it as an inherent flaw.

By the way, 10.3 does not solve this problem. the issue still persists and it is easy to recreate even with just two tabs.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 06-06-14 at 08:44 AM.
    06-06-14 08:32 AM
    Oh and another annoying thing, when you have your browser closed with 2 tabs, when you click on a link on an app that opens the browser you will LOSE all the tabs. Ultra annoying.

We should contact Blackberry (twitter, etc) about this..
    06-06-14 08:34 AM
    This is a known issue. I logged a defect with BlackBerry on it via their JIRA and they have created an internal defect from it.

Please go vote up this bug:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/brow...s:all-tabpanel

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    Sergiu1337 and dejanh like this.
    06-06-14 12:11 PM
    Being a heavy web user I've noticed shortly after I've switched from iphone 5 (iOS 7.1) to z10. And was highly disappointed of the web browser because I've read here only praises, including myths (eg: the fastest browser WHICH is simply not, tested side by side with same wifi network, it is fast, but the iphone 5 with ios 7.1 loads the pages slightly faster.. not a whine, just want to debunk the myth). And I've expected more, thus the disappointing.
    Also the BB10 browser's javascript performance is bellow iOS (tested via sunspider, almost twice faster on iOS 7.1).

The BB10, as the OP stated, scores higher in HTML5 implementations.. and this has nothing to do with the performance.
    I also switched from iphone 5 to z10 last feb,the browser was faster than safari, i also tested them side by side. and i used to open 20 tabs without any lag or reload issue, after all these updates/improvement, the browser become sluggish, and the relaoding issues

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 12:33 PM
    @Carterbits thanks!

I also switched from iphone 5 to z10 last feb,the browser was faster than safari, i also tested them side by side. and i used to open 20 tabs without any lag or reload issue, after all these updates/improvement, the browser become sluggish, and the relaoding issues

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how it performed on earlier versions..

Here's the proof. I am not inventing things.

Also notice the app load times, on ios the browser starts faster.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 06-06-14 at 01:41 PM.
    06-06-14 12:48 PM
    It does feel kinda odd. Computers of old even during the heydays of Windows XP where 1GB of RAM is a luxury never seemed to have to clear a Web page. I mean, just how much memory does a Web page take? What is it doing?

This has happened with dormant pages, as in pages that do not have active JavaScript functions running all the time, only simple texts.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-06-14 12:53 PM
    I just tested it and it does reload the page. I rarely have more than one tab opened so I never noticed it before. I can see how that can be really annoying.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 01:46 PM
    Mine's fast...here's my settings:
    Native browser reload time annoyance-img_20140606_141841.png
    I also clear my cache and cookies once a month or so...

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    06-06-14 04:20 PM
    Dang it! Sergui1337 got in here before I did!!
    06-06-14 04:23 PM
    I just loaded up 8 tabs and I get no reloads at all. I'm not saying it's not an issue but it definitely could be a setting. Not even a skip between pages on 10.2.1.3175. Pages load up super fast in mobile and in desktop mode. Obviously desktop mode is a lot more intensive but I don't see this reload issue at all.

The Z10
    06-06-14 04:49 PM
    No reload here either. Opened browser with four different websites in tabs. Minimised to active frame. Opened cb app and docs to go, went back to browser. No reload on any of the 4 tabs.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 07:03 PM
    No reload here either. Opened browser with four different websites in tabs. Minimised to active frame. Opened cb app and docs to go, went back to browser. No reload on any of the 4 tabs.

Posted via CB10
    You're doing it too quickly. Leave a tab for about half an hour or so while doing something else, like browsing Web comics or something. You don't even need to leave Browser, as long as a tab is not being visited for quite some time, it'll be gone and need to be reloaded. I have even had occurrences where when I open the sixth tab, when I go back to first Tab it has to be reloaded.

IDK what influenced it, but it sure is annoying

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-06-14 11:31 PM
    Have that problem as well. There are times when a background tab just chooses to randomly reload.

Like when I'm on YouTube listening to music, while reading other stuff on another tab, the music just stops, and I go back to the YouTube tab and find it refreshed. Not only for YouTube, but anything at random times.

It's been there since the 10.2.0 update, and I find it frustrating at times specially when I need to work quickly. I hope something is done soon.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296 ||| 7AA0A56F
    06-07-14 12:09 AM
    Hmmmm, I have just finished testing this issue and do not experience the refreshing. Opened 9 tabs and moved pages and zoomed some. Minimized for over half hour and did other device operations, like calls and emails. No issue here. All tabs stay as I have set.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-07-14 10:28 AM
    This is a known issue. I logged a defect with BlackBerry on it via their JIRA and they have created an internal defect from it.

Please go vote up this bug:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/brow...s:all-tabpanel

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    I just up-voted it and added some comments. Everyone please do the same.

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    06-07-14 10:35 AM
    Thank God I wasn't the only one experiencing this, else people wud have coome @ me like my phone was a lemin, and yes it can be random, there are times when I have 9-10 tabs open, and it doesn't reload.. but those times are exceptions, and as. For settings, I have. Tried all kinds or combinations In the browser settings.. my quick fix is to put a webpage i'm reading in reader mode whebever I want to swipe to a different app, because. At times all u need to do is swipe to the hub and by the time u back in d browser it's reloading..

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 11:21 AM