gotcha - thanks

edit: re: dateline NOT Engadget LOL!!
    02-06-13 01:01 PM
    Just found #12. and this one is actually pretty serious. With my old 9900, i was able to set the convenience button to lock my device, requiring a password to unlock.
    With the Z10, there does not appear to be a way to do this. You can set a password with a lock timout to 60 seconds, but what if you want to lock your device to require a password immediately?
    Just hold in the lock button for a couple of seconds and you will see the option to lock... Better than waiting for the time out but still a pain in the aZZ...
    02-06-13 01:09 PM
    3) You can't hide the address bar in the browser.
    This is unfortunate. One thing I love about the PlayBook browser is how the address bar hides away to maximize the viewing area.
    02-06-13 01:10 PM
    Just hold in the lock button for a couple of seconds and you will see the option to lock... Better than waiting for the time out but still a pain in the aZZ...
    THANK YOU! Confirmed, this works.
    02-06-13 01:18 PM
    Some of the things you're talking about are just due to change. No other modern OS does them either.

I haven't had any camera lock ups, and the delete from handheld and whatnot option should be available from your email provider.

I do agree non hiding the url bar in the browser. I've always hated that you can't do that on ios either, nor can you do not on new Nexus Android devices' Chrome browsers. I don't doubt at all that this will be implemented on BBC10 in the future though since the option was there on the playbook.
    So bb shouldn't either? We shouldn't care if no other OS does it or not. Maybe they can do it if requested enough.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-06-13 01:22 PM
    Ok, lets not turn this into a flaming war, we are making progess here! :-)
    02-06-13 01:23 PM
    My top so far is no quick link or shortcut to compose an email or txt. Too many swipes. Also, when you're in BBM it's tricky to get out and back into the Hub. Rather annoying. The thing locks up, A LOT, and the virtual keyboard is crap. I'm typing this now in my iPad, which I don't like for typing, but prefer to that sillly thing.

As a long time Blackberry user (loyalty to tech products is stupid) I'll probably switch back to 9900 and then give the Q10 and shake- that is if Blackberry is still in business by then!

Also, the lack of BES from 3rd party now is maddening.

On the plus I made a ****load on the stock!

Edit- my first battery oull!
    02-06-13 01:30 PM
    Ok, lets not turn this into a flaming war, we are making progess here! :-)
    Who is doing that?
    02-06-13 01:36 PM
    My TOP annoyance is that you can't hide or protect files. Not all of the pictures in my phone are for all eyes, OS 7 you could go in and hide files and folders.
    "BOW-CHICKA-WOW-WOWWW"!!
    02-06-13 01:37 PM
    My top so far is no quick link or shortcut to compose an email or txt. Too many swipes.
    This one concerns me. I used the N8 for a while and just completing some simple tasks took me 4 or 5 swipes and button touches.
    02-06-13 01:41 PM
    My top so far is no quick link or shortcut to compose an email or txt. Too many swipes. Also, when you're in BBM it's tricky to get out and back into the Hub. Rather annoying. The thing locks up, A LOT, and the virtual keyboard is crap. I'm typing this now in my iPad, which I don't like for typing, but prefer to that sillly thing.

As a long time Blackberry user (loyalty to tech products is stupid) I'll probably switch back to 9900 and then give the Q10 and shake- that is if Blackberry is still in business by then!

The hub is one swipe away, hit the 3 dot menu and there you have compose. Not much swiping, and still more convenient than OS 6 (that's what I was on). As for the keyboard, you have been the ONLY person I've heard say they don't like it.

What lack of BES are you speaking of?
    02-06-13 01:51 PM
    Yes, the option is to disable gestures on the lock screen so that you must use the power button to unlock the phone, but even doing this, you cannot password protect the lock screen immediately, Password protection seems to only be enabled after a timeout.
    You didn't try what I said to try...I just put a password and held the lock button and as I said with the result of a lock option.
    Attached Thumbnails My Top BB 10 Annoyances-img_00000001.jpg  
    TomJasper likes this.
    02-06-13 01:52 PM
    This one concerns me. I used the N8 for a while and just completing some simple tasks took me 4 or 5 swipes and button touches.
    Can't believe it but it's actually easier on iOS. Blackberry what have you done?!
    02-06-13 01:55 PM
    The hub is one swipe away, hit the 3 dot menu and there you have compose. Not much swiping, and still more convenient than OS 6 (that's what I was on). As for the keyboard, you have been the ONLY person I've heard say they don't like it.

What lack of BES are you speaking of?
    I can only assume he is talking about the lack of BES Express, since its no longer free
    02-06-13 01:55 PM
    I can only assume he is talking about the lack of BES Express, since its no longer free
    I'm with the Mailstreet. No BES. Does anyone know a company that does 3rd party?
    02-06-13 01:58 PM
    I'm with the Mailstreet. No BES. Does anyone know a company that does 3rd party?
    Not that I'm aware of. Its $99 per device for BES 10. I am actually in the process of taking down my BES 5 Express Server, I don't need it anymore, as with active sync I get access to all 5 parts of my Exchange mailbox. My mail, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks. Notes and tasks were really the only reason I was running BES Express personally.
    02-06-13 02:04 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. Its $99 per device for BES 10. I am actually in the process of taking down my BES 5 Express Server, I don't need it anymore, as with active sync I get access to all 5 parts of my Exchange mailbox. My mail, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks. Notes and tasks were really the only reason I was running BES Express personally.
    My notes & tasks don't sync for some reason.
    02-06-13 02:07 PM
    My notes & tasks don't sync for some reason.
    Make sure you have them ON (Enabled) in the Active Sync account settings. Then, you will find them listed under the appilcation called "Remember" on your Z10.
    02-06-13 02:08 PM
    02-06-13 02:22 PM
    Oh, you made a boat load on the stock??
    Majority of ppl think the keyboard is the greatest.
    Trying to catch some stock on the dips now are we,lol?

On the plus I made a ****load on the stock!

Edit- my first battery oull!
    02-06-13 02:27 PM
    As for the keyboard, you have been the ONLY person I've heard say they don't like it.
    I think he's talking about the keyboard on the browser. The BB10 keyboard is the most responsive keyboard I have ever used, including Android and iOS, but for some reason, it is really laggy in the web browser. Try coming on the forum in desktop view and typing something, and you will understand. Anyways, it is 100% limited to being in the browser, so it isn't a huge issue, and I'm sure it'll get addressed soon.
    02-06-13 02:40 PM
    I heard you can get rid of the led by pressing the lock button
    02-06-13 02:42 PM
    I heard you can get rid of the led by pressing the lock button
    Yes, you can, but the deleted email will remain there until you delete it from the HUB. For some reason the delete does not sync from MS Outlook to the Z10.
    02-06-13 02:45 PM
    #2 works fine for me, just takes awhile for ActiveSync sync to kick off.
    02-06-13 02:51 PM
98 1234