Got my Z10 yesterday, here are my findings in terms of shortcomings.

1) Delete from Handheld / Delete from Mailbox & Handheld toggle is gone, courtesy of ActiveSync
    2) Deleting a message in an activesync account in MS Outlook, does not replicate to the BB10 Hub. The message you delete in Outlook is still shown in the BB10 hub, and the flashing red light won't go away until you also delete it or read it in the hub.
    3) You can't hide the address bar in the browser.
    4) You can only sync (auto upload to cloud) photos and media with Box, not DropBox.
    5) No way to continous scroll the window panes. You go all the way to the right or left, and you stop at the Hub, or at the end of your icons.
    6) Camera locks up pretty often. I've had to do a battery pull twice to recover, camera app stops responding to all buttons or touch input.
    7) PIN to PIN messaging is gone.
    8) Deleting an email needs to be accessed by long pressing the email, then clicking the trashbin icon on the sidebar. IMO, the delete icon should be visible at all times on the bottom bar, maybe beside compose.
    9) Rotation changes are very slow.
    10) No way to color code emails from different accounts for quick differentiation.

Other than these 10 items, I am happy with the device.
    imz likes this.
    02-06-13 11:15 AM
    Responses that apply to me and don't really contribute to conversation but here they are

1) that's a shame, but I don't do it that often (rarely delete my emails)
    2) once again I don't delete
    3) well that's silly, I heard there was a way to make it smaller (still more screen real estate then iphone for browsing #silverlining)
    4)Box gives me 10gb for free so team box here anyway
    5)That's a problem? I feel like you could get lost if it was continuous
    6) well that sucks, software update will fix though so not to concerning
    7) never used that feature, ever
    8) once again I don't delete, touch screens are going to slow things I guess for some things
    9) Software update will fix
    10) Not that big of a deal, haven't used before

No big concerns from me, but thanks for sharing problems without sounding like a whiner
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-06-13 11:23 AM
    Some of the things you're talking about are just due to change. No other modern OS does them either.

I haven't had any camera lock ups, and the delete from handheld and whatnot option should be available from your email provider.

I do agree non hiding the url bar in the browser. I've always hated that you can't do that on ios either, nor can you do not on new Nexus Android devices' Chrome browsers. I don't doubt at all that this will be implemented on BBC10 in the future though since the option was there on the playbook.
    02-06-13 11:26 AM
    Some of the things you're talking about are just due to change. No other modern OS does them either.

I haven't had any camera lock ups, and the delete from handheld and whatnot option should be available from your email provider.

I do agree non hiding the url bar in the browser. I've always hated that you can't do that on ios either, nor can you do not on new Nexus Android devices' Chrome browsers. I don't doubt at all that this will be implemented on BBC10 in the future though since the option was there on the playbook.
    Well, the way I see it is that BB10 shuold have at the minimum maintained these features (the ones they had in OS 7 and prior).
    Good to know most people are OK with the camera, not sure what is up with mine.
    You can setup a POP3 email account to leave messages on a server, but there is no way to do this with activesync.
    02-06-13 11:29 AM
    4) You can only sync (auto upload to cloud) photos and media with Box, not DropBox.
    I believe I read in another thread somewhere that this was due to DropBox API changing and that it may come in an update - was it Kevin that said it maybe?
    sf49ers likes this.
    02-06-13 11:31 AM
    I believe I read in another thread somewhere that this was due to DropBox API changing and that it may come in an update - was it Kevin that said it maybe?
    That would be fantastic, as I got 50GB of free storage with DropBox when I bought my Galaxy S3.
    02-06-13 11:33 AM
    I just found #11 - No way to disable automatic brightness control. You can set the display brightness as high as you want, but it is still controlled by the ambient light sensor.
    02-06-13 11:35 AM
    #5 - You can run your fingers across the dots below the icon grid to have a continuous flow from one end to the other seamlessly.
    ubizmo, imz, aminrajabi and 2 others like this.
    02-06-13 11:57 AM
    #5 - You can run your fingers across the dots below the icon grid to have a continuous flow from one end to the other seamlessly.
    Thanks for that! That does make things much snappier and somewhat remove the need for continuous (wraparound) scroll.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-06-13 11:59 AM
    you don't have to long hold to delete hold and drag to the right then slide your finger down to the delete it is a pain where they place the delete or end chat but it is what it is for now
    02-06-13 12:04 PM
    My TOP annoyance is that you can't hide or protect files. Not all of the pictures in my phone are for all eyes, OS 7 you could go in and hide files and folders.
    Pewpewlazers likes this.
    02-06-13 12:05 PM
    you don't have to long hold to delete hold and drag to the right then slide your finger down to the delete it is a pain where they place the delete or end chat but it is what it is for now
    If you're not in the actual email, you do need to long hold to bring up the list to the right, which has the garbage bin a the bottom. It takes 2 seconds to complete the process. Regardless of how it's done, there has always been a need to press more than one button to do it. Now if you are in the email, and wish to delete it, hit the 3 dots, bottom right, which brings up your actions bar, and again, garbage bin at the bottom.
    02-06-13 12:09 PM
    GTILeo - Yes, that works too, but ultimately its the same delay and movement as long pressing, doesnt really save any time.
    fliguy - Good one, didnt notice that yet.
    02-06-13 12:10 PM
    If you're not in the actual email, you do need to long hold to bring up the list to the right, which has the garbage bin a the bottom. It takes 2 seconds to complete the process. Regardless of how it's done, there has always been a need to press more than one button to do it. Now if you are in the email, and wish to delete it, hit the 3 dots, bottom right, which brings up your actions bar, and again, garbage bin at the bottom.
    True, but if you are IN the email, as you say, there was plenty of room for them to have put the delete icon on the bottom row, instead of having to access it from the sidebar.
    sf49ers likes this.
    02-06-13 12:11 PM
    Just found #12. and this one is actually pretty serious. With my old 9900, i was able to set the convenience button to lock my device, requiring a password to unlock.
    With the Z10, there does not appear to be a way to do this. You can set a password with a lock timout to 60 seconds, but what if you want to lock your device to require a password immediately?
    02-06-13 12:17 PM
    True, but if you are IN the email, as you say, there was plenty of room for them to have put the delete icon on the bottom row, instead of having to access it from the sidebar.
    I can appreciate that but as I look at it, the bottom row has the 3 most often used icons. To put a 4th, the delete icon, there would make it more crammed and therefore increase the probability of a mis hit. Condidering by hitting the 3 dots brings out the menu, and the delete is directly under your thumb, it's still a quick and easy flow.
    02-06-13 12:18 PM
    Just found #12. and this one is actually pretty serious. With my old 9900, i was able to set the convenience button to lock my device, requiring a password to unlock.
    With the Z10, there does not appear to be a way to do this. You can set a password with a lock timout to 60 seconds, but what if you want to lock your device to require a password immediately?
    I turned my password off but I remember there being an option, I believe it was when you hold the lock button or it was in the main drop down menu.
    02-06-13 12:22 PM
    I can appreciate that but as I look at it, the bottom row has the 3 most often used icons. To put a 4th, the delete icon, there would make it more crammed and therefore increase the probability of a mis hit. Condidering by hitting the 3 dots brings out the menu, and the delete is directly under your thumb, it's still a quick and easy flow.
    I do see your point, but personally I would like to see it on the bottom, its non critical to me, just preference.
    02-06-13 12:22 PM
    I turned my password off but I remember there being an option, I believe it was when you hold the lock button or it was in the main drop down menu.
    Yes, the option is to disable gestures on the lock screen so that you must use the power button to unlock the phone, but even doing this, you cannot password protect the lock screen immediately, Password protection seems to only be enabled after a timeout.
    02-06-13 12:23 PM
    Heres a good one I found, I was wondering where "mark prior read" and "delete prior items" was in the hub. You have to long press the date line (kindy trick, its very thin) then the menu on the right shows both of these.
    jaycee58 likes this.
    02-06-13 12:27 PM
    Thanks for the list, theres currently this bitter tone amongst some Crackberry users in some threads when someone leaves any criticism regarding BB10/Z10

"Stop whining, should of done your research and you would of known about these problems prior to purchase"

Well if everyone gets shot down when someone provides insight in to the phones how can any prospective buyer do any research. I'm from the UK, phone launched here a day after release, I've been eager to get the phone for a while but I've been waiting patiently to do my research first. Thanks to threads like these, I won't have any huge suprises now *hopefully*, and will have the Z10 tomorrow.

The Z10 is NOT the best phone or OS, but it's the best FOR ME, after my Bold 9900, but I'm sure the updates will soon help me leave my Bold eventually...
    02-06-13 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the list, theres currently this bitter tone amongst some Crackberry users in some threads when someone leaves any criticism regarding BB10/Z10

"Stop whining, should of done your research and you would of known about these problems prior to purchase"

Well if everyone gets shot down when someone provides insight in to the phones how can any prospective buyer do any research. I'm from the UK, phone launched here a day after release, I've been eager to get the phone for a while but I've been waiting patiently to do my research first. Thanks to threads like these, I won't have any huge suprises now *hopefully*, and will have the Z10 tomorrow.

The Z10 is NOT the best phone or OS, but it's the best FOR ME, after my Bold 9900, but I'm sure the updates will soon help me leave my Bold eventually...
    AMEN Brother! I have been a loyal BB user since the 957 Pager, I hate whiners too, these are just things I hope they address in the future.
    sf49ers, Tyndale2021 and jakie55 like this.
    02-06-13 12:34 PM
    AMEN Brother! I have been a loyal BB user since the 957 Pager, I hate whiners too, these are just things I hope they address in the future.
    you missed the reaction I got LOL!

I'm confused about the 'long press of the date line'? I can't get that to work?
    02-06-13 12:44 PM

I'm confused about the 'long press of the date line'? I can't get that to work?
    Really? Ok, so the way I do it, I'm in the HUB, I have all my emails, social messaging,etc listed by date. I press and hold my finger on the Date above on of the messages,. and this opens up the sidebar to the right. You will have 6 icons. The top two are Next and Previous. The middle two are To Top and To Bottom, and the bottom two are Mark Prior Read (looks like an open envelope with a down arrow to the left of it) and the Trash bin icon which is "Delete Prior"
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-06-13 12:47 PM
    I remember briefly skimming / reading someone calling someone insane for "actually setting up a website", it ALL makes sense now haha

So you set up a dedicated url with a list of issues, I'm surprised this ain't gone viral yet, its GOLD for BGR & Engadget to manipulate lol
    Pretty extensive list, makes me think who these people were with evaluation/demo devices way before launch, probably just your everday hardcore fanboys who would turn every negative in to a positive and not provide any constructive feedback for improvements!

*sigh*
    02-06-13 12:53 PM
98 123 ...