My Top BB 10 Annoyances
Got my Z10 yesterday, here are my findings in terms of shortcomings.
1) Delete from Handheld / Delete from Mailbox & Handheld toggle is gone, courtesy of ActiveSync
2) Deleting a message in an activesync account in MS Outlook, does not replicate to the BB10 Hub. The message you delete in Outlook is still shown in the BB10 hub, and the flashing red light won't go away until you also delete it or read it in the hub.
3) You can't hide the address bar in the browser.
4) You can only sync (auto upload to cloud) photos and media with Box, not DropBox.
5) No way to continous scroll the window panes. You go all the way to the right or left, and you stop at the Hub, or at the end of your icons.
6) Camera locks up pretty often. I've had to do a battery pull twice to recover, camera app stops responding to all buttons or touch input.
7) PIN to PIN messaging is gone.
8) Deleting an email needs to be accessed by long pressing the email, then clicking the trashbin icon on the sidebar. IMO, the delete icon should be visible at all times on the bottom bar, maybe beside compose.
9) Rotation changes are very slow.
10) No way to color code emails from different accounts for quick differentiation.
Other than these 10 items, I am happy with the device.
- 02-06-2013, 11:23 AM #2
Responses that apply to me and don't really contribute to conversation but here they are
1) that's a shame, but I don't do it that often (rarely delete my emails)
2) once again I don't delete
3) well that's silly, I heard there was a way to make it smaller (still more screen real estate then iphone for browsing #silverlining)
4)Box gives me 10gb for free so team box here anyway
5)That's a problem? I feel like you could get lost if it was continuous
6) well that sucks, software update will fix though so not to concerning
7) never used that feature, ever
8) once again I don't delete, touch screens are going to slow things I guess for some things
9) Software update will fix
10) Not that big of a deal, haven't used before
No big concerns from me, but thanks for sharing problems without sounding like a whiner
- 02-06-2013, 11:26 AM #3
Some of the things you're talking about are just due to change. No other modern OS does them either.
I haven't had any camera lock ups, and the delete from handheld and whatnot option should be available from your email provider.
I do agree non hiding the url bar in the browser. I've always hated that you can't do that on ios either, nor can you do not on new Nexus Android devices' Chrome browsers. I don't doubt at all that this will be implemented on BBC10 in the future though since the option was there on the playbook.
Good to know most people are OK with the camera, not sure what is up with mine.
You can setup a POP3 email account to leave messages on a server, but there is no way to do this with activesync.
- 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM #12
Just found #12. and this one is actually pretty serious. With my old 9900, i was able to set the convenience button to lock my device, requiring a password to unlock.
With the Z10, there does not appear to be a way to do this. You can set a password with a lock timout to 60 seconds, but what if you want to lock your device to require a password immediately?
- 02-06-2013, 12:18 PM #16
Heres a good one I found, I was wondering where "mark prior read" and "delete prior items" was in the hub. You have to long press the date line (kindy trick, its very thin) then the menu on the right shows both of these.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-06-2013, 12:30 PM #21
- 408 Posts
Thanks for the list, theres currently this bitter tone amongst some Crackberry users in some threads when someone leaves any criticism regarding BB10/Z10
"Stop whining, should of done your research and you would of known about these problems prior to purchase"
Well if everyone gets shot down when someone provides insight in to the phones how can any prospective buyer do any research. I'm from the UK, phone launched here a day after release, I've been eager to get the phone for a while but I've been waiting patiently to do my research first. Thanks to threads like these, I won't have any huge suprises now *hopefully*, and will have the Z10 tomorrow.
The Z10 is NOT the best phone or OS, but it's the best FOR ME, after my Bold 9900, but I'm sure the updates will soon help me leave my Bold eventually...
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-06-2013, 12:44 PM #23==========================================
- 127 Posts
- Avid fan of BB 9700 and 9850 - the 5mp camera addition made life so much easier (even though it was fairly crap!). Waited a long time for a Q10, including being 5 months past my 'upgrade' date from the carrier - lost my nerve and got the Z10 1st Feb 2013. Probably switching back to a 9900 while I wait for OS fixes/upgrades. Proud Londoner (that's in the UK, guys!)
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-06-2013, 12:53 PM #25
- 408 Posts
So you set up a dedicated url with a list of issues, I'm surprised this ain't gone viral yet, its GOLD for BGR & Engadget to manipulate lol
Pretty extensive list, makes me think who these people were with evaluation/demo devices way before launch, probably just your everday hardcore fanboys who would turn every negative in to a positive and not provide any constructive feedback for improvements!
- By Siddhesh Jain in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2013, 02:22 AM
- By Ryaaan43 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:22 PM
- By slingxshot in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
- By zinadork in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-20-2010, 06:56 PM
- By zinadork in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM