I can't find a way to save a draft email. Also, I started typing an email and wanted to go back to read a different message - doesn't look like it lets me do that. Swiping right lets me peek at the hub, I want to see a specific message, not my list of messages.

OK - hitting cancel gives the option of saving a draft email. That seems a bit unintuitive.
    02-09-13 10:08 AM
    Just found 2 more issues.

14) Auto on/off is either hidden very well, or it isn't there at all. I liked being able to set a time for my BB to automatically power off at night and power back on automatically at a defined time. Is this in there somewhere on BB10 and I just cant see it?

15) The camera application needs work, specifically when trying to close the app. Everytime I try to swipe from the bezel to the screen to close the phone app, I end up taking pictures I don't want. This is even worse when in burst mode. Just today I had to delete about 20 photos from burst that were taken by my fighting with the bezel to screen gesture to close the app.
    02-09-13 08:14 PM
    15) The camera application needs work, specifically when trying to close the app. Everytime I try to swipe from the bezel to the screen to close the phone app, I end up taking pictures I don't want. This is even worse when in burst mode. Just today I had to delete about 20 photos from burst that were taken by my fighting with the bezel to screen gesture to close the app.
    This is more of an user error than a bug
    02-09-13 08:17 PM
    This is more of an user error than a bug
    Ok, then tell me what I am doing wrong. I'm open to advice. I think I know how to do a simple bezel -> screen swipe gesture. For some reason my phone is only catching the screen portion and takes photos instead of closing the app.
    02-09-13 08:22 PM
    you are probably touching the screen before the bezel, what i do is start the gesture from the letters in blackberry logo
    02-09-13 08:29 PM
    I'm not, I'll even make a YouTube video to prove it and post the link shortly.
    EDIT: Here is video proof.
    02-09-13 08:31 PM
    try doing it in the way i suggest
    02-09-13 08:32 PM
    Weird, huh?
    02-09-13 08:40 PM
    Well that's because you're trying to do it in landscape mode, do it in portrait mode and it will be easier

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 09:17 PM
    That's not a solution to the problem I've proven. This needs to be fixed, I shouldn't have to do that. Does yours have trouble with the swipe in landscape too?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-13 09:24 PM
    No

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 09:27 PM
    people actually use pin to pin?
    02-09-13 09:30 PM
    I can't speak for others, but yes, I did use it regularly.

As for the camera app closing issue, I'd like to know if anyone else has this problem when trying to close the app in landacape mode. It's silly to have to rotate the phone to portrait to close the app.

02-09-13 09:34 PM
    Yes, you can, but the deleted email will remain there until you delete it from the HUB. For some reason the delete does not sync from MS Outlook to the Z10.
    Not sure how outlook works, but it would need to be able to provide notification to currently connected devices. Does this work on other phones? If not, I'd blame MS. If so, it's BBRY 's fault
    02-09-13 09:34 PM

As for the camera app closing issue, I'd like to know if anyone else has this problem when trying to close the app in landacape mode. It's silly to have to rotate the phone to portrait to close the app.

I agree with that
    02-09-13 09:53 PM
    Well, the way I see it is that BB10 shuold have at the minimum maintained these features (the ones they had in OS 7 and prior).
    Good to know most people are OK with the camera, not sure what is up with mine.
    You can setup a POP3 email account to leave messages on a server, but there is no way to do this with activesync.
    I don't know how many platform changes you've encountered, but features are frequently eliminated when moving from one generation to the next, and that goes for mobiles, laptops, operating systems, cars... just about everything.
    joe.miller and ealvnv like this.
    02-09-13 09:59 PM

If I'm holding the phone in landscape, I just swipe up from the "bottom" (which is actually the side, but since I'm holding the phone sideways, it becomes the bottom).

EDIT: just watched your video, and you just proved my point. Because the phone is now in landscape mode you're trying swipe from the side. This is actually a designed behavior, and it actually IS more consistent from a UI point of view.
    02-09-13 10:00 PM
    If I'm holding the phone in landscape, I just swipe up from the "bottom" (which is actually the side, but since I'm holding the phone sideways, it becomes the bottom).

EDIT: just watched your video, and you just proved my point. Because the phone is now in landscape mode you're trying swipe from the side. This is actually a designed behavior, and it actually IS more consistent from a UI point of view.

He is doing that though in the video
    02-09-13 10:03 PM
    He is doing that though in the video
    He's also sent a multitude of control inputs with the side-swipes before finally trying the right way. Had he started with the bottom swipe it wouldn't have been so stubborn.

Now, if BB is at fault here, it's because this gesture isn't documented. At all. Anyone who's had experience with a Playbook would get it in seconds, but there aren't THAT many of us out there.
    02-09-13 10:08 PM
    Thunderbuck, it does respond better if I use the edge which is the bottom when I hold the phone in a landscape orientation, (eg: with BB logo on the right) however, you have to admit this is not an easy gesture to perform given that the bezel size is less than half the size of BlackBerry logo bezel. IMO, they should allow for the sides to react to the app closing gesture as well.

He's also sent a multitude of control inputs with the side-swipes before finally trying the right way. Had he started with the bottom swipe it wouldn't have been so stubborn.

Now, if BB is at fault here, it's because this gesture isn't documented. At all. Anyone who's had experience with a Playbook would get it in seconds, but there aren't THAT many of us out there.
    02-10-13 09:20 AM
    you don't have to long hold to delete hold and drag to the right then slide your finger down to the delete it is a pain where they place the delete or end chat but it is what it is for now
    Can't you also select multiple emails from the contextual menu and then delete in bulk? No need to repeat single delete process.
    04-06-13 07:37 PM
    My top so far is no quick link or shortcut to compose an email or txt. Too many swipes. Also, when you're in BBM it's tricky to get out and back into the Hub. Rather annoying. The thing locks up, A LOT, and the virtual keyboard is crap. I'm typing this now in my iPad, which I don't like for typing, but prefer to that sillly thing.

As a long time Blackberry user (loyalty to tech products is stupid) I'll probably switch back to 9900 and then give the Q10 and shake- that is if Blackberry is still in business by then!

Also, the lack of BES from 3rd party now is maddening.

On the plus I made a ****load on the stock!

Edit- my first battery oull!
    I just got back from testing the Z10 at my local store as I'm in the market for a new phone to replace my 9810. I've never been able to get comfortable with any touchscreen keyboard until now. I typed this simple sentence* (it's always the same) with one hand (my thumb), fairly quickly without paying particular attention to precise tapping- like you would do on the run, and I made NO mistakes. 1st time that has ever happened. I did some other typing with minimal to no mistakes. This was a huge hurdle as I've never been able to accurately type quickly on any other (small) touchscreen. I'm still going to look at the competition, but I was more impressed than not with the Z10. *Most* of the features that I like or wished for have been kept or addressed with the new OS. (Oh, and loyalty plays almost no part in my consumer electronics choices).

*"The rain in spain falls mainly on the plain"
    04-06-13 08:13 PM
    No landscape love. Hopefully it's coming soon though.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:41 PM
98 ... 234