Display stopped working, motherboard needs replace...

Anyways...looking to buy a new Q10, unlocked since T-Mobile doesn't sell them anymore
    Which SQN model Q10 do I need to purchase to still have 4G LTE bands with T-Mobile

anyone know?

Appreciate the help!
    07-11-14 03:17 PM
    Do you how it happened?

Sorry to hear of your loss.
    07-11-14 03:41 PM
    If you have the insurance on your account they can still get you a Q10 because it's not through T-Mobile. Someone else on here did it and uses T-Mobile.
    07-11-14 03:43 PM
    Display stopped working, motherboard needs replace...

Anyways...looking to buy a new Q10, unlocked since T-Mobile doesn't sell them anymore
    Which SQN model Q10 do I need to purchase to still have 4G LTE bands with T-Mobile

anyone know?

Appreciate the help!
    SQN100-5
    07-11-14 03:47 PM
    Do you how it happened?

Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Display just stopped working one day...Decided to try and fix it, got a new LCD assembly, installed it, same problem
    I'm assuming it's from the motherboard because there's a red dot where I'm thinking a white dot use to be...water must've gotten down in it somehow and messed up the display connector.

By the way, out of curiousity, does anyone know which one of the connectors/flex cables that the display actually is? Gonna try reconnecting a few times before officially calling it a brick.

Blueyes...I tried...my insurance said they were no longer being manufactured and they didn't have any used ones available. I paid the $150 and opted for a Nexus 5 which I intended to sale and buy another Q10. Can't leave this phone, love it too much.
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-11-14 03:57 PM
    SQN100-5
    I heard the SQN100-1 works as well under T-Mobile LTE...is that correct? Anyone have a SQN100-1 here on T-Mobile?
    Any issues with certain models not accepting OS upgrades/leaks as well?
    07-11-14 03:59 PM
    I heard the SQN100-1 works as well under T-Mobile LTE...is that correct? Anyone have a SQN100-1 here on T-Mobile?
    Any issues with certain models not accepting OS upgrades/leaks as well?
    LTE does, yeah, but you may not get HSPA+ everywhere. What that means is if you're in some place where TMO hasn't rolled out LTE yet, and don't have a refarmed HSPA+ network, in that place you will drop down to 2G.

Re: leaks/OS updates, there shouldn't be any problems because these OSes are variant-neutral for the Q10 and the Z30.
    07-11-14 04:21 PM
    Okay, so probably best bet is getting another SQN100-5. My question...is it better to buy one unlocked OR locked to say T-Mobile and get the WiFi calling feature, etc. What's the benefit of having it unlocked if its model bands will already work on other carriers?
    07-11-14 04:58 PM
    Okay, so probably best bet is getting another SQN100-5. My question...is it better to buy one unlocked OR locked to say T-Mobile and get the WiFi calling feature, etc. What's the benefit of having it unlocked if its model bands will already work on other carriers?
    Whether you get a SQN100-5 locked or unlocked, WiFi calling will be there. At most you may have to update your OS (if it comes with an older or non-WiFi calling build.)

Benefit of unlocking is that if you decide to switch carriers to AT&T, or Straight Talk, Cricket, etc. you will just have to put the new SIM in and you'd be good to go.
    07-11-14 05:09 PM
    Whether you get a SQN100-5 locked or unlocked, WiFi calling will be there. At most you may have to update your OS (if it comes with an older or non-WiFi calling build.)

Benefit of unlocking is that if you decide to switch carriers to AT&T, or Straight Talk, Cricket, etc. you will just have to put the new SIM in and you'd be good to go.
    So even if it's an unbranded SQN100-5, unlocked, not originally T-Mobile...Their WiFi calling will work as long as the OS is updated to one that supports it?
    07-11-14 05:38 PM
    So even if it's an unbranded SQN100-5, unlocked, not originally T-Mobile...Their WiFi calling will work as long as the OS is updated to one that supports it?
    Correct. And once you put a TMO SIM in the -5, you can also manually check for an upgrade and if there is one, download it.
    07-11-14 05:56 PM