Fair enough. Let the shareholders make that decision. It's clear that Ben wants it to happen. Many companies get sold; not all get divided and shut down. I still don't see it as a viable option for shareholders right now. I see them buying out the shareholders and going private with the financial backing of a new owner. It makes better sense. But, no, let's all jump ship now. BB is dying. Don't buy BB10 because the company won't be around much longer. The anti BB rhetoric here is just as crazy as the fanatical ones. If anything they will do what you are saying as a last option. BB is still kicking. There is much to look forward to. If they wanted to close shop they would quietly slow development and have no plans for any new devices. Yet they steam ahead. I'm not saying it can't happen. I'm saying I don't see it happening anytime soon and that is no reason to turn people away from the devices. You could always give any number of other reasons like no apps and that should do the job.
    08-23-13 03:06 PM
    Fair enough. Let the shareholders make that decision. It's clear that Ben wants it to happen. Many companies get sold; not all get divided and shut down. I still don't see it as a viable option for shareholders right now. I see them buying out the shareholders and going private with the financial backing of a new owner. It makes better sense. But, no, let's all jump ship now. BB is dying. Don't buy BB10 because the company won't be around much longer. The anti BB rhetoric here is just as crazy as the fanatical ones. If anything they will do what you are saying as a last option. BB is still kicking. There is much to look forward to. If they wanted to close shop they would quietly slow development and have no plans for any new devices. Yet they steam ahead. I'm not saying it can't happen. I'm saying I don't see it happening anytime soon and that is no reason to turn people away from the devices. You could always give any number of other reasons like no apps and that should do the job.
    What on earth are you talking about? I just said the only thing that BBRY management should consider is return to shareholders. That's it.

Frankly, as a BB user, I would prefer they praddle on...
    08-23-13 07:25 PM
    I think BlackBerry should have a program to give a good discount for bb10 when u give them ur legacy device, that way they might get to keep their current customers and w more ppl using bb10 the rest can see how the device works and some might give it a shot, the more ppl u see using them the better, I can tell my friends how amazing it is but that's just me, but if instead the see 10 ppl using it, they might think, " I might wanna try this" and with a bigger customer base the developers will start bringing the apps BlackBerry is missing, at least that's what I think it might work as an strategy
    There's a trade in program going on in the philippines where you get to buy a BlackBerry 10 phone for the sticker price less an across the board 2000 discount and less the trade in value of any phone you bring with you working or not (of course don't expect a good trade in value for non working phones)

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:46 PM
    What on earth are you talking about? I just said the only thing that BBRY management should consider is return to shareholders. That's it.

Frankly, as a BB user, I would prefer they praddle on...
    What am I talking about?

If a sale that involves a breakup is the highest value they believe they can get for shareholders, they will (and certainly should) take that deal.
    Was I mistaken then?

I honestly think caring about shareholders has helped throw BlackBerry into their predicament. They do a lot to keep shareholders. Like price their devices with 40% profit margins. When in reality they should have told them to be patient and had lower profit margins and put BB10 devices in more people's hands.
    08-24-13 08:18 AM
    Pricing devices properly provides the maximum return to shareholders. If they priced them improperly, the marketplace reacts by not purchasing them (in the case of a price too high) or not providing sufficient profit (in the case of a price too low). A company doesn't need to "balance" the needs to shareholders and pricing tactics. The right price = maximum return on sales = maximum profit = best return to shareholders. The needs are shareholders is not at odds with proper pricing. These are really basic business concepts that it seems you're having trouble grasping.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 08:43 AM
    No I get it. But the profit margin was closely scrutinized by both shareholders amd Wall Street. I'm not saying they did what was best best for shareholders, I'm saying they listened to shareholders when they should have priced it properly and told shareholder to be patient. So we are actually in a bit of an agreement there. They didn't do what was best for shareholders but how many times did I hear even from Chris U that it was good there device profit margins were now much higher than BBOS devices when in reality the same profit margin or slightly lower could have helped sell more phones off the bat but shareholders didn't want to hear that. They did what they thought would raise the stock price instead and didn't gain a thing from it because the next quarter device sales were lower than expected and the stock dropped horrendously.

These are really basic business concepts that it seems you're having trouble grasping.
    Please refrain from the above comments. It is an immature way to debate an argument and you look like an a-hole. You also misunderstood my post. But I didn't really go into detail as to what I meant so I had to explain.
    08-24-13 07:21 PM
    They should have change the brand's name. To something entirely different

Marketing is everything
    08-24-13 07:49 PM
    I never had any problem with my legacy device.
    Same here, my legacy device was great. And at least 2 years ahead of bb10 in terms of efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 08:15 PM
    I'll agree almost fully. People see how good it is, say "wow", and then promptly buy an iPhone. Sad. Damn legacy devices.

My gf thinks I love my Z10 more than her... she's on to me.
    anon6113468 likes this.
    08-24-13 08:28 PM
34 12