Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree57Likes

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    The Bottom line......if you don't feel like waiting any longer, buy what makes you HAPPY. Thats EXACTLY what I did.......PERIOD
    Why are you posting here then? I bought a Z10 to replace my Nexus 4. Do you think I go on the Nexus 4 forums on XDA to tell them how much the screen sucks? or how terrible battery life is? Or how crappy 16gb of non-expandable storage is? Or how the on screen buttons are the dumbest thing ever...constantly there except for videos for no reason? What about the fact that my N4 restarted every few hours for no reason whatsoever. An issue even Google has acknowledged 2 months ago, and yet still hasn't released a fix? I could go on... No, I've never gone back on XDA to tell them how terrible I think the Nexus 4 is. If they like the phone, then so be it. I personally didn't, and I switched without so much as a single post on XDA explaining why I switched. It's unnecessary. Whenever someone makes a PUBLIC post to explain a PERSONAL decision, I question the motives, and so should everyone on this board.

I'd also like to add that not only do some people have unrealistic exceptions (there was no way BB could get every single app that Android/iOS has...so what are you saying? humans will never in the history of existence successfully launch a new OS, because it won't have subway surfers out of the box?), but I also have to wonder how stupid these people are (the title of this thread should give you a clue). Blackberry makes their entire app catalogue available for online viewing. Why not check to see if the apps you want are available? Then we wouldn't have this problem to begin with, and you could save yourself from the hassle of having to return a phone.
    elmit22 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by theegoldenone View Post
    Title needs to be fixed. "My patience is running thin with you developers who are not willing to develop for BlackBerry."

BlackBerry has done its part. It's now in the developers court to....you know.....develop.
    I thought it had to do with a hospitalized anorexic!
    CrackBerry User

Spence can post wherever he likes Invalid :-) After 4000+ posts I'd feel a bit like part of a community as well. For example, I'm still part of some car websites/clubs even though I no longer own the relevant vehicle, because of such good communities and friendships. I'd be interested to hear the guys thoughts on what he thinks are improved over a BB on his new device, and did he try a Z10 at all etc?

Any negative feedback can be turned into positive steps for OS improvement. As a developer (Enterprise level stuff, don't get excited ;-) ) I personally find it difficult to take criticism of my code/design, but I take a step back and see if it's justified and how it could be improved.

However, it is a little premature to suggest that a brand new OS should have all an individuals personal favourite apps right off the bat, especially given the negative "do or die" mantra the press have been chanting. Let's not forget, it is NOT Blackberry that creates these applications, it is up to website owners, developers, share holders etc. Thankfully, it looks like BB10 is gaining traction rather rapidly.

In the short stop, use the websites instead. It's a pain in the **** if you are on a limited data plan, but other than that, it really isn't that much of a chore to use websites.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts

Im Canadian. Im cool with all the Canadian content. Thanks BBRY!

Quote Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
    Im Canadian. Im cool with all the Canadian content. Thanks BBRY!
    Learn to read. He was lamenting the fact that many of his desired (missing) apps are Canadian...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts

lol... BB10 has only been out for literally 11 days...

Apps are coming. just sit tight.
    I LOVE MY 8310 9700 9900 Z10 Z30 Passport!
    elmit22 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default My patient is running thin with you Blackberry.

No worries OP. While your waiting on apps others such as myself are still waiting on the device. Doesn't seem so bad now huh?

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    PIN
    NA

Quote Originally Posted by InvalidUser0510 View Post
    Learn to read. He was lamenting the fact that many of his desired (missing) apps are Canadian...
    Really?

"Unacceptable Most of this apps is Canadian content what's up with that. "
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: My patient is running thin with you Blackberry.

your patient is running? get them back in bed!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,652 Global Posts

it takes time to develop Apps.
    time and money that a **** of a lot of developers are not prepared to put into a whole new platform before its launched.

The phones are selling, so the apps will come.
    If you expected a load of apps from day 1, then you were always going to be disappointed. It will take time for the ecosystem to grow.
    If you dont have patience for that, then you need to ask yourself if this really is the device for you?
    but apps are not the be all and end all of phones. Its quite sad it has gotten that way
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by twstd.reality View Post
    your patient is running? get them back in bed!
    I agree! It's cold outside and the patient might catch a cold or slip-and-fall on ice. Better be safe than sorry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Also, please contact all of the companies responsible for the missing apps. Let them know that as a customers of their services, you are not happy.
    Get in touch with the likes of Starbucks, Netflix, your missing bank apps etc.. If they only hear from a few people, they will not support the platform.
    b320 likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12