This is my interpretation of what Danial Rabino was thinking before he wrote his article in WPcentral about BB10 and the Z10.
    "HOLYCR@P WERE IN TROUBLE!!! This Z10 with BB10 is freakin AWESOME! THIS is what WP8 SHOULD have been,not that stupid Metro junk. Its active frames are actually minimized apps running in realtime not those lame wannbe widget/shortcuts to the actual app Live Tile. Our Live Tiles aren't even live,,,they update only every 30min =( BB10 also has things we don't that our fans have been asking for like files and a unified notification center,,the Z10 gestures are great I wish we had them,all we have is swipe to the left to access our mile long list of apps. Hmmm I know,,,let's focus on best feature from the Lumia 920,the camera,and ignore everything else,,even though the 920 has already had an updat to the camera to bring it up to par and the Z10 was just announced.
    steveo1259 and G-bone like this.
    02-01-13 12:13 PM
    No offence mate, but that was unfunny as Gypsy Nell.

Multiple reviewers have displayed disappointment that BB10 didn't bring any one feature that would make people gasp - and to be fair, most were expecting it.

Danial Rabino
    Daniel Rubino.

Its active frames are actually minimized apps running in realtime not those lame wannbe widget/shortcuts to the actual app Live Tile.
    It seems to be compromising battery life hugely, and doesn't really offer that much of advantage over tombstoning. I'm not sold.

unified notification center
    Not as well done as Android.

all we have is swipe to the left
    Swipe right. Like Android and iOS, Windows Phone isn't gesture based. That isn't a bad thing particularly, it's just a UX choice.

the 920 has already had an updat to the camera
    Software support is a bad thing?

to bring it up to par
    It was still pretty great for those couple months, still well ahead of that on the Z10.

Look, I'm not a Rubino apologist. He's a bit of a Strawberry Split a fair amount of the time. I'm not taking a dump on BB10 either - it's new, exciting, if a little let down by current hardware (unexciting, poor camera). I'm taking a dump on your post, because frankly it deserved it.
    kevinnugent and Admorris like this.
    02-01-13 12:41 PM
    Well that's a windows forum / blog what do you expect ? Everyone blog or forum dedicated to a particular OS are like this when it comes to comparisons.
    02-01-13 12:43 PM
    The 920 camera is awesome for a phone based unit, the 920 has nothing to fear from the Z10 in camera quality as far as I can tell. The 920's low light camera shots are amazing, as is the sound recording. After seeing the test shots the Z10 has nothing on the 920.

Notes: I don't like WP7/8 but it is a relatively good phone O/S, and I would use it. I wouldn't even consider another windows phone other than the 920 to be brutally honest. I'd consider **** of a lot of Android phones before touching the 920.... and I'd have to have a really good play with a Z10 before taking that on. The Z10 UI certainly needs some sexification work to be done to it though, it just looks so bland.

Well that's a windows forum / blog what do you expect ? Everyone blog or forum dedicated to a particular OS are like this when it comes to comparisons.
    I have been surprised about how impartial Crackberry reviews seem to be, when reviewing Blackberry devices/software. That's one of things I like about it. Don't ever go the fanboy route CB! :-)
    02-01-13 12:55 PM
    I really don't think his article was bad. Of course he has a bias. So do posters here. :-) He was honest in stating his preferences and also (frankly) honest at identifying strengths and weaknesses.

And yeah - he probably is afraid deep down that if a good chunk of RIM's current 79 million customers (several times the size of Windows Phone users in general) upgrade and they also get a chunk of "returning" BlackBerry users, Windows Phone is going to be dwarfed. Plus, he has new competition among the new Smartphone buyers.

But I really don't get the hate for him or the article.
    02-01-13 01:06 PM
    I have been surprised about how impartial Crackberry reviews seem to be, when reviewing Blackberry devices/software. That's one of things I like about it. Don't ever go the fanboy route CB! :-)
    LOL you know what's funny, few hours ago i read somewhere that iMore and CB users are total fan boys and the most biased reviewers ever.
    02-01-13 01:14 PM
    @hammeredpizza- The 920 had the same battery issuewhen it 1st came out,it took a few charge cycles for it to be a good battery. Daniel Rabino HIMSELF said that that WP8 didn't have 1 single feature that stood out from WP7. And as far the camera goes there were many complaints in the WPcentral forums about how bad the camera on the 920 was that needed an update to fix Daniel even complained about it,,,maybe let the Z10 get a few camera updates then retesting would be fair. And I was talking about the lack of a unified notification center in WP8I made no metion of android. I know how much WP8 fans wanted I notification center because in the months leading up to WP8 I was really interested in getting a HTC 8X until I tried it instore and was completely underwhelmed. WPcentral held a poll on what features fans most wanted too see in WP8 and two of the top features were UNIFIED INBOX and FILES both of which BB10 has.
    02-02-13 01:53 AM