All this advice is moot CrackBerrians. OP said he was moving on, so everybody say bye and let's close this thread now.
    04-16-14 02:20 PM
    Bye

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-16-14 02:23 PM
    Maybe he's waiting for Samsung HQ to issue further guidance on what his reply should be to all the advice offered.

Myver or this whole issue is bogus!

Via CB10 from Scotland using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2947
    04-16-14 03:35 PM
    Do a 4-swipe gesture from the top right corner.
    It was designed to restart the hub or email screen without full phone reboot.
    I just tried on my Z10 with the latest OS from Rogers and it restarted.
    I had no idea about this. I've no reason to use it. But it's good to know. Thanks!

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    04-16-14 03:37 PM
    I feel really lucky some days when I browse these forums.
    My Mexican Z10 that i've had since January 2013 has not suffered any of the faults some people have had. Even though i've missed around with it so much it should really have died long ago.

04-16-14 03:45 PM
    I feel really lucky some days when I browse these forums.
    My Mexican Z10 that i've had since January 2013 has not suffered any of the faults some people have had. Even though i've missed around with it so much it should really have died long ago.

I had a Z10 that worked flawlessly for a year. Now it works flawlessly for my GF and I use a Z30 that works flawlessly. I'm unsure why there are such varied experiences.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    JamieWilson01 likes this.
    04-16-14 09:06 PM
    Have used dev alpha, z10, and z30 and never seen that issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:41 AM
    I've said this before but this is definitely the last straw.

Attachment 263540

Posted via CB10
    In the upper left side, it looks like you have a "player" going... check device manager.

Trusted Member Genius
    04-17-14 03:46 AM
    The lack of "myver" report makes this suspiciously troll like....
    Excuse me? Have you seen my post count? Have you read my other posts where I've been more than complimentary about the Z10 and BB10 in general? How about the "Thanks" and "Like" votes I've managed to get, pretty impressive for a troll wouldn't you think? This is precisely the type of inane and baseless comment that has made me think twice about my membership here.

Has it occurred to you that I haven't responded because I actually have better things to do, like a job and, oh yes, a family? Besides, I made it quite clear at the beginning I wasn't looking for advice on how to fix the issue so I had little incentive to rush back here at your beck and call.

Grow up for crying out loud.
    blee4 likes this.
    04-17-14 12:48 PM
    Maybe he's waiting for Samsung HQ to issue further guidance on what his reply should be to all the advice offered.

Myver or this whole issue is bogus!

I was going to reply to you until I read this. Read my response to another accuser and apply to yourself.

But just for old time's sake my phone's model is STL100-3, Software 10.2.1.2102 and my OS is 10.2.2141. I don't need to type "myver" or whatever, I'm quite capable of finding it out on the device itself.
    04-17-14 12:55 PM
    In the upper left side, it looks like you have a "player" going... check device manager.

Trusted Member Genius
    I was listening to music at the time, but my hub was like that before and after I had the player running.
    04-17-14 12:56 PM
    All this advice is moot CrackBerrians. OP said he was moving on, so everybody say bye and let's close this thread now.
    My sentiments exactly. This has turned into another "Hunt the Troll" fiasco and I'd rather it was locked before people get even more stupid.
    blee4 likes this.
    04-17-14 12:59 PM
    This happened to me for the first time yesterday. Maybe it had something to do with a recent app update. I just updated two apps yesterday, one of them was facebook, which, coincidentally enough, integrates with the Hub.

The five-swipe gesture didn't work. So I held down the button on the top of the phone and reset my phone. Things have been back to perfect since then.

The alternative would be waiting 26 hours while doing nothing proactive to take care of the problem. After all that fruitless waiting you could put up a space-wasting, ranting post about it on a public forum talking about how a minor glitch is the end of your being able to use this particular piece of electronics to fulfill your life.

Good luck to you in your quest to blame the inadequacies of your inanimate objects on the inanimate objects themselves rather than your dedication to inaction.

The number of magnetic dipoles wasted to create and perpetuate this thread makes me sad.

Cheers.
    04-17-14 01:19 PM
    This happened to me for the first time yesterday. Maybe it had something to do with a recent app update. I just updated two apps yesterday, one of them was facebook, which, coincidentally enough, integrates with the Hub.

The five-swipe gesture didn't work. So I held down the button on the top of the phone and reset my phone. Things have been back to perfect since then.

The alternative would be waiting 26 hours while doing nothing proactive to take care of the problem. After all that fruitless waiting you could put up a space-wasting, ranting post about it on a public forum talking about how a minor glitch is the end of your being able to use this particular piece of electronics to fulfill your life.

Good luck to you in your quest to blame the inadequacies of your inanimate objects on the inanimate objects themselves rather than your dedication to inaction.

The number of magnetic dipoles wasted to create and perpetuate this thread makes me sad.

Cheers.
    Once again, had you actually read the thread in its entirety you would have gleaned that I have tried pretty much everything in the book to fix this. NOWHERE in this thread does it even hint that I did NOTHING in that 26 hours or since.

Minor glitch? Since when is it a minor glitch when all methods to fix it have failed??

Why is it the Crackberry way to blame the user without adequate information supporting that assumption? Laziness. Pure laziness.
    blee4 likes this.
    04-17-14 01:29 PM
    Once again, had you actually read the thread in its entirety you would have gleaned that I have tried pretty much everything in the book to fix this. NOWHERE in this thread does it even hint that I did NOTHING in that 26 hours or since.

Minor glitch? Since when is it a minor glitch when all methods to fix it have failed??

Why is it the Crackberry way to blame the user without adequate information supporting that assumption? Laziness. Pure laziness.
    You keep mentioning you did all kinds of things to fix it but never say what you've done to fix it.
    You never mention resetting the device. I had the exact same symptom on the exact same day. I tried a few of the obvious fixes without success. I reset the device and I haven't had a problem since.

You've had a page and a half of a thread that begins with an uninformative rant to clarify yourself and you have not done that. Let's not talk about adequate information here.

I'm communicating with a user who has had to escalate an issue with their device to service professionals who have repeatedly told you their diagnostics does not indicate any failures of the device. People in this thread have helpfully offered opinions and ideas, yet you say it's all for naught as you've made your decision to move on.

You are right. You should select a different device. Clearly you and the device are not compatible.
    04-17-14 01:50 PM
    You keep mentioning you did all kinds of things to fix it but never say what you've done to fix it.
    You never mention resetting the device. I had the exact same symptom on the exact same day. I tried a few of the obvious fixes without success. I reset the device and I haven't had a problem since.

You've had a page and a half of a thread that begins with an uninformative rant to clarify yourself and you have not done that. Let's not talk about adequate information here.

I'm communicating with a user who has had to escalate an issue with their device to service professionals who have repeatedly told you their diagnostics does not indicate any failures of the device. People in this thread have helpfully offered opinions and ideas, yet you say it's all for naught as you've made your decision to move on.

You are right. You should select a different device. Clearly you and the device are not compatible.
    I never once asked for help, in fact I think it was in my second post I said as much. The fact I couldn't rush to answer replies that have occurred since is purely my fault, how dare I be so selfish as to put my family time first.

It's odd that each time I sent my device back it was always at the behest of my carrier, not once was it sent in without their say so and until after I had tried to resolve issues myself through various contacts, including our BlackBerry rep and here. I would then take the Z10 in to my carrier, they'd play around with it and it would end up going back. Never once did I make that determination. As for those "service professionals", what's so professional about declaring a device as NFF and then returning the user a reconditioned unit anyway? Not exactly the action I would take if a device was truly NFF.

But of course, it's me who doesn't know what he's doing but apparently I know enough to not have a single issue with my company issued Q10. Odd how I can be so deficient with my Z10 and yet everything else I seem to run with virtually no issues. I better not buy a single piece of electronics ever again.
    OneofLittleHarmony and blee4 like this.
    04-17-14 02:22 PM
    Wahey your back.

Apologies if I caused offence or came to the wrong conclusions about your motives. It was the lack of troubleshooting information that led me to believe you were a samsung mole.
    I know you provided info about hardware faults and how you tried to rectify them but you did not give any relevant info about what you had tried yourself to solve your obvious software issue.

I wish you well with your Galaxy and hope you find android central more helpful than crackberry.

04-17-14 02:29 PM
    I never once asked for help, in fact I think it was in my second post I said as much. The fact I couldn't rush to answer replies that have occurred since is purely my fault, how dare I be so selfish as to put my family time first.

It's odd that each time I sent my device back it was always at the behest of my carrier, not once was it sent in without their say so and until after I had tried to resolve issues myself through various contacts, including our BlackBerry rep and here. I would then take the Z10 in to my carrier, they'd play around with it and it would end up going back. Never once did I make that determination. As for those "service professionals", what's so professional about declaring a device as NFF and then returning the user a reconditioned unit anyway? Not exactly the action I would take if a device was truly NFF.

But of course, it's me who doesn't know what he's doing but apparently I know enough to not have a single issue with my company issued Q10. Odd how I can be so deficient with my Z10 and yet everything else I seem to run with virtually no issues. I better not buy a single piece of electronics ever again.
    So what was the point of your initial post?

If you didn't want help you should have aimed your rant at BlackBerry not Crackberry.

Sounds like your IT department did a good job of setting up and maintaining your Q10. You should have asked them to have a look at your Z10.

bobaloo likes this.
    04-17-14 02:34 PM
    I never once asked for help...
    I know. You posted a thread to whine, like my original reply stated. So I stand by:

Cheers.
    So what was the point of your initial post?

If you didn't want help you should have aimed your rant at BlackBerry not Crackberry.

Sounds like your IT department did a good job of setting up and maintaining your Q10. You should have asked them to have a look at your Z10.

Sound advice JW. But he wasn't looking for any sound advice. He just wanted to do nothing for 26 hours and then complain about inanimate objects and people who point out how silly that is.
    JamieWilson01 likes this.
    04-17-14 03:27 PM
    Your issue is solely software related 100% and my z10 I have had since launch day it heats up when charged and over working the gpu but nothing scary hot to the touch " not warm but hot"

I've had issues arise from software updates but the best thing to do it to just reload the current bars your having issues with ie messages bar for hub and bam bet it works.

I've been saying since the pearl came out 99.9% of BlackBerry "problems" are user created and or from lack of knowledge of how your phones operating system works.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:44 PM
    My sentiments exactly. This has turned into another "Hunt the Troll" fiasco and I'd rather it was locked before people get even more stupid.
    Ha ha! This was exactly my point. Good luck with your new phone - and you should check out the new HTC One as well!
    blee4 likes this.
    04-17-14 04:54 PM
    Very peculiar that your Hub has done this after an OS reinstall and a security wipe...which I'm sure you've done. Though the issue seems like it is definitely a software issue.

However, if you're definitely leaving, I would advise strongly against the GS4...I have one and it gives nothing but problems. It lags all the time and apps crash on it way too often (it's worse now with Kitkat). I would suggest the HTC One...it seems to be the best Android device out there.
    04-18-14 04:13 AM
    The lack of "myver" report makes this suspiciously troll like....
    Not necessarily so. Life happens so maybe the user is caught up with more important things and unable to be on CB right now. I much rather give him the benefit of the doubt that to cry troll.
    04-18-14 04:29 AM
    Not necessarily so. Life happens so maybe the user is caught up with more important things and unable to be on CB right now. I much rather give him the benefit of the doubt that to cry troll.
    It's easier for people to just call someone else a troll if they dare say anything about BlackBerry.

The way that some crackberry users treat other crackberry users is utterly disgraceful.

Just because you have not had the problem that someone has does not mean they are making it up or lying, or that they're a troll.

To the op: If you are leaving BlackBerry for another device, there is a dedicated thread for that and this post should never have been started. I feel your pain, if I had sent any device back 8 different times I would quickly be throwing that device in the trash and running to another phone asap.

I'm pretty sure getting a refurbished unit is standard practice for the big three here in Canada.

Via CBZ10 10.2.1.2947
    04-18-14 05:59 AM
    In fairness to the OP, I've recently started experiencing hitherto unseen and 'odd' problems with the Hub on both my Z30 (O2 - UK) and z10 (Vodafone UK). Reboots don't seem to work, but de/re-intalls do. My problem has been that FB, Twitter and LinkedIn don't appear to update in the Hub. I delete the apps and reinstall them... and things start working again.

Last night, one of my two email accounts didn't update, but A reboot of the Z30 sorted this. Up to now, I've had faultless performances from the phones, particularly the Z10 which I've owned since day 1 of the UK launch. Perhaps the latest OS update has got a minor glitch in it?

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    04-18-14 06:34 AM
55 123