I've said this before but this is definitely the last straw.

My Hub for the Last 26 Hours-img_20140415_181539.png

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 07:44 AM
    Have you tried resetting it?

Posted via CB10
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    04-16-14 07:49 AM
    I've said this before but this is definitely the last straw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140415_181539.png 
Views:	2655 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	263540

Posted via CB10
    Do a 4-swipe gesture from the top right corner.
    It was designed to restart the hub or email screen without full phone reboot.
    I just tried on my Z10 with the latest OS from Rogers and it restarted.
    Jonesy1966 and campbecw like this.
    04-16-14 07:50 AM
    Thanks to both of you but I've tried everything to get it going. But I'm done looking for answers to be honest. I've had so many issues with this Z10 that it's been back and forth to be fixed so many times that even when it's working like it should I'm basically waiting for it to fail again, nothing surprises me any more. I've said in the past that I love the "idea" of BB10 but the execution has been a disaster, for me at least anyway. Also my carrier and whomever BlackBerry is using to service their phones have been less than sympathetic, claiming "No Fault Found" in 5 of the 8 times it's been sent in. I discovered the last time it failed that my phone had been switched with a refurbished unit completely without my knowledge and despite both parties claiming "NFF". All I want is a reliable phone, it's time to permanently switch to the GS4 until I can rely on BlackBerry again.
    04-16-14 08:20 AM
    Looks like one of BB's *super secure* feature - autohides Hub content. Lol

Seriously, try sideload Hub bar.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:25 AM
    What do you have in your hub normally? Also, what happens when you swipe from the top right hand corner inwards 5 times?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:26 AM
    This is definitely not a typical experience for BlackBerry 10 users. You've sent your phone in 8 times according to your post. What other issues have you had? Did this hub problem happen on your precious phone as well as the refurbished one they sent you?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:40 AM
    Do a 4-swipe gesture from the top right corner.
    It was designed to restart the hub or email screen without full phone reboot.
    I just tried on my Z10 with the latest OS from Rogers and it restarted.
    When did the 5 swipe method turn into a 4 swipe one?
    04-16-14 08:47 AM
    When did the 5 swipe method turn into a 4 swipe one?
    When you happen to skip a swipe while counting...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:07 AM
    This is definitely not a typical experience for BlackBerry 10 users. You've sent your phone in 8 times according to your post. What other issues have you had? Did this hub problem happen on your precious phone as well as the refurbished one they sent you?

Posted via CB10
    This is the first time this issue has happened on this or the original unit. Previous issues have included the phone dying twice and unable to reboot, over heating to the point it was impossible to use; again twice, almost instantaneous draining of battery from full charge, failure to charge, and lastly; constant rebooting. That's on top of my contacts merging together and many more "minor" issues.
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 04-16-14 at 10:53 AM.
    04-16-14 10:20 AM
    What do you have in your hub normally? Also, what happens when you swipe from the top right hand corner inwards 5 times?

Posted via CB10
    I've tried the swipe method, doesn't work. I have email, BBM, Text, Twitter, Blaq, PIN and Notifications.

Like I said, I'm no longer looking for a fix, it's time to move on. When I started writing this post I was thinking maybe I could find an answer here but I really can't be bothered. I'm fed up of constantly fixing this phone and then waiting for the next issue to arise. This attitude has been further aggravated after being sent a refurbished replacement unit without being informed and also being told "NFF" at the same time.
    04-16-14 10:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea - I never used this gesture as my Hub works problem free with quite a number of different accounts.
    I just remembered about those swipes today and tried on my phone and it looked like it was 4 swipes.
    Yes, I remember somebody mentioning a fiver and wanted to do another swipe but the email screen closed on the 4th.

To the OP - if you think that another smartphone will be without issues - you might be mistaken.
    Besides, if you have different email accounts in Hub today, you might be unable to recreate the same experience on android.
    Their Email application that supports multiple email accounts is kind of limited and some android users reported that they just forward email to Gmail in order to use Gmail app.
    Last edited by vrud; 04-16-14 at 10:43 AM.
    04-16-14 10:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    No seriously that was my first reaction when I read 4 but I tested it and 4 now works for me whereas it used to take 5.
    bbmtna likes this.
    04-16-14 10:38 AM
    Of course I don't think that other smartphones will be without issues, but please tell me where my litany of issues are considered tolerable or acceptable? Do you honestly think that I should put up with the phone after all that's happened? I'm actually amazed that I've put up with it as long as I have. I need reliability and as much as I appreciate what BB10 is supposed to be about the one thing that it's lacking in my case is reliability in any shape or form. If I had had the same issues on another brand I'm pretty sure your advice would be to jump ship immediately!

I've had my GS4 for about 7 months now, I bought it as a back up to my Z10, I've been using it more and more often recently. I'm running two email accounts, neither are GMail, and I'm having no issues what-so-ever. I don't like Android as much as I like BB10 but at least it works.
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 04-16-14 at 11:06 AM.
    04-16-14 10:51 AM
    Of course I don't think that other smartphones will be without issues, but please tell me where my litany of issues are considered tolerable or acceptable? Do you honestly think that I should put up with the phone after all that's happened? I'm actually amazed that I've put up with it as long as I have. I need reliability and as much as I appreciate what BB10 is supposed to be about the one thing that it's lacking in my case is reliability in any shape or form. If I had had the same issues on another brand I'm pretty sure your advice would be to jump ship immediately!

I've had my GS4 for about 7 months now, I bought it as a back up to my Z10, I've been using it more and more often recently. I'm running two email accounts, neither are GMail, and I'm having no issues what-so-ever. I don't like Android as much as I like BB10 but at least it works.
    So what variables are involved. Have you used leaked software (autoloader) sachesi upgrades? Did you try a security wipe?
    I've had my Z10 STL100-2 for 14 months and that's never happened to me. I regularly use autoloaders, sachesi installs and security wipe the phone regularly.

Via CB10 from Scotland using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2947
    04-16-14 11:19 AM
    So what variables are involved. Have you used leaked software (autoloader) sachesi upgrades? Did you try a security wipe?
    I've had my Z10 STL100-2 for 14 months and that's never happened to me. I regularly use autoloaders, sachesi installs and security wipe the phone regularly.

I have never used leaked software, all OS updates have been official and loaded either OTA or via Link when prompted to do so. Likewise with apps, I have never side-loaded an app or loaded from Amazon. All apps on my device are from BlackBerry world.
    04-16-14 01:09 PM
    I have never used leaked software, all OS updates have been official and loaded either OTA or via Link when prompted to do so. Likewise with apps, I have never side-loaded an app or loaded from Amazon. All apps on my device are from BlackBerry world.
    So have you security wiped to try and resolve the issue? Or tried to factory rest/ reload device software via link?

04-16-14 01:14 PM
    Also what model of Z10 do you have?
    Can you please reply to this post by typing myver as your reply? As long as you are posting via your Z10.
    Curious as to what model and what OS you are running.

04-16-14 01:18 PM
    You have messed up you hub bar somehow... it has happened to me when I was trying to install bars with sachesi and hub goes black

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:43 PM
    Hey Jonesy any chance of an update on your progress?

04-16-14 02:01 PM
    I used my Z10 for a year after it was released and I can't say I have had experiences that have made me consider changing to a completely different platform. I had a few reboots (Several work arounds can be found), hub acting up (usually resolved by resetting hub [4/5 swipe]), issues with contacts and other minor issues. I understand that BB10 is a new platform so I can't expect things to be perfect right away and I have seen significant improvements with every OS update that has been released to date.

If your experiences are so severe and you believe you will be better off with your GS4 then by all means get what is best suited for you. I like the BB10 OS especially in comparison to the other available OS's so I wouldn't be making such a switch in the near future.
    04-16-14 02:05 PM
    Seems to me all the problems you have had are OS related. I know back on legacy phones when I wasn't comfortable loading leaks, I had problems with OTA downloads that I thought were phone problems. Since I started running leaks, any problem or quirk I have, I just wipe the phone and retry or try a different leak.

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME Z10
    04-16-14 02:09 PM
    The lack of "myver" report makes this suspiciously troll like....
    04-16-14 02:14 PM
    It sucks you've had so many issues. It also definitely doesn't sound typical.

I wish you the best of luck with your new daily driver. :-)

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-16-14 02:17 PM
    I'm willing to bet OTA upgrades are your issue.
    Clean installs should always be the way to go.
    Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:19 PM
55 123