Not a huge deal, but my BlackBerry cannot view any PDF's made by my HP 3510 scanner. It can open any other PDF's (ones made by my PC with Adobe software, ones scanned by others, etc.), but any PDF's scanned by my scanner cannot be opened on my BlackBerry; it says "There Was an Error Opening the Document", no other info.

This happen to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:09 PM
    It sounds like your scanner is not following the same PDF versions and extensions that are implemented in the phone's software. I encountered an equally puzzling problem recently with a PDF "form" which displayed perfectly on screen but would not print the content of the data fields... weird.

I have two suggestions -
    What happens if you re-save the scanned PDF from within Acrobat? Maybe a comparison of properties from both routes will give a clue.
    Try a different reader on the phone. IIRC you can download the genuine Acrobat Reader from BBWorld, or probably several other competing third party readers.
    09-15-13 03:41 PM
    Could you please attach an example file so I can test it with NSR Reader app?
    09-19-13 06:42 AM
    Does the scanner give it an extension (.pdf)? If so maybe it's doing some other weird stuff to it.
    A copy of any doc scanned would be useful to look at.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:45 AM
    Have you checked for any firmware updates for the device? HP has always gone the cheap route with Adobe technology and instead of licensing they use their own implementation. For PDF's it shouldn't make any difference since it's not as closed of a standard as Postscript, but there could be an issue in the compression or in the actual render that can be fixed with an update to the scanner.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:40 AM
    I had a similar issue once. I had downloaded a document and it didn't work on the z10/PlayBook . However, I managed to get the pdf to work by using Print to Go. Print to Go converts anything that you can print into a pdf and sends it to your device. (So yeah reconverting a pdf to a pdf, but it works)

http://us.blackberry.com/devices/fea...elpage=desktop

Check out Print To Go in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/37259888

Anyway, i have no problems viewing pdfs scanned with my hp 7510 on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GSM-S; 03-07-14 at 01:18 AM.
    03-06-14 10:15 PM