I do not yet own a Z10, and I do still intend to get one when available at Verizon. My comments are only from what I have read here.

I am not so concerned about whatever apps may be missing - I think they will come. What I am disappointed about is notifications. It is one of the things I LOVE about my Blackberry. I have different tones for everything, and even different REPEAT numbers of the SAME tone for my 4 email accounts. My BB is AWESOME in its notification configuration options. By counting the email tones as they repeat, I know if it is an important work-related email or not without even pulling out the phone. My understanding is that the BB10 handsets do not YET have this kind of configurabilty. That saddens me. Differentiating incoming emails by sound is an important tool for me when I am busy, or waiting for something in particular. I HOPE it gets addressed sooner rather than later. Still eager for the availabilty of the handsets though.
    oddboy, ShaggyM8 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-06-13 12:04 PM
    I do not yet own a Z10, and I do still intend to get one when available at Verizon. My comments are only from what I have read here.

I am not so concerned about whatever apps may be missing - I think they will come. What I am disappointed about is notifications. It is one of the things I LOVE about my Blackberry. I have different tones for everything, and even different REPEAT numbers of the SAME tone for my 4 email accounts. My BB is AWESOME in its notification configuration options. By counting the email tones as they repeat, I know if it is an important work-related email or not without even pulling out the phone. My understanding is that the BB10 handsets do not YET have this kind of configurabilty. That saddens me. Differentiating incoming emails by sound is an important tool for me when I am busy, or waiting for something in particular. I HOPE it gets addressed sooner rather than later. Still eager for the availabilty of the handsets though.
    Same here. While some are saying it's not a big deal, I would like the device better with them than without.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-13 12:51 PM
    they don't and I think it's a travesty
    02-06-13 12:55 PM
    Kevin made mention in the last live stream that this seems to be an issue that is in the works as part of an update.

02-06-13 02:33 PM
    Yes you can have different tones for different notifications, the only thing is that all emails will have the same.
    Attached Thumbnails My biggest disapointment...-img_00000011.jpg   My biggest disapointment...-img_00000012.jpg   My biggest disapointment...-img_00000013.jpg  
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-07-13 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the screen captures. Shame about the emails, and no setting for "count" (repeat #).
    I hope BB will address this.
    02-07-13 01:07 PM
    Yeah it's not the same, before you could set the vibration intensity and how many times it would vibrate (2 short buzzes for BBM, 1 Med buzz for txt) etc. now it's only either vibration on or off. I HATE having audible tones for messages since I get so many it makes me want to take a sledge hammer to the device so I loved how on my 9900 I had everything set by different vibration count and LED colors.
    02-07-13 02:07 PM
    Does the Z10 support different LED colors?
    02-07-13 02:17 PM
    This is a big issue for me. I was all set to swap my 9900 for the new Z10 but when i was told it couldn't do email filtering/alerting/notifications like the 9900 i am re-thinking my switch. I use the alerts for different emails based on specific filter criteria (like subject, body, send from, to, etc.). This is a big part of my job and i can't do without it.
    02-07-13 04:09 PM
    HOW do you put custom sounds on the z10? With bb link or just usb side load? Thanks.
    02-07-13 04:14 PM
    Thanks for sharing with us. I was hoping you could. I'm sure in time it may be fixed. We will just have to wait and see.
    02-07-13 05:47 PM
    Does the Z10 support different LED colors?
    They must - the PlayBook has different LEDs. For example, it's red when an email comes in, but purple when BLAQ has a twitter update.
    02-07-13 05:54 PM
    They must - the PlayBook has different LEDs. For example, it's red when an email comes in, but purple when BLAQ has a twitter update.
    The Z10 does support different colors, but you can not set the color for different notifications.

If BlackBerry knows that a lot of people want to be able to set the color and the vibrate intensity, they will add it.

I think they will add the features, they were just getting the basic in an working, it would not be hard for them to add the features
    02-08-13 11:13 AM
    BB should really have a simple mode that iOS and Android users are used to, and an advance mode (current) for current BlackBerry users.
    02-08-13 11:38 AM
    I feel like a lot of this stuff will be added in at a later (hopefully 10.1) update. I think it was very important for BlackBerry to make the Z10 as simple as possible remember even if you don't consider yourself a power user compared to 80% of iPhone users you are.

I think BlackBerry's next move is to add and improve the advanced sections for all settings. Then everyone is happy.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 11:57 AM
    Sorry but can't edit posts on crack berry app apparently?

When I was buying my Z10 there were two women in their 30s looking at it as well and one specifically said she never understood how to use a BlackBerry that's why she loved het iPhone but now her husband wants her to get a Z10 so she said she was going to at least look at it

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 12:01 PM
    Let's hope the new superduper OS isn't less capable than the old tired worn out OS. If it could be done with the old OS than it should be able to be done with the new super OS.
    02-08-13 12:04 PM
    I would hope that this gets addressed sooner rather than later. Note that custom tones can be configured for each contact as well.
    02-08-13 12:06 PM