Apologies if these have been already been asked.

With BB10, is traditional BES Enterprise Email availabile with a BES 10 server, meaning, so that you do NOT have to use ActiveSync?

The reason I asked is as follows.

Last summer I switched to Android as an interim to BB10. What I have found is that with ActiveSync, there are two things that I can't stand.

1) There is no option to only delete an email from the handheld and not the mailbox. With BlackBerry, you have this option and its fantastic. With Active Sync, it always deletes the message on the mailbox if you delete it from the device. Very annoying.

2) Lack of Android support for Outlook Tasks and Notes. I am running an Exchange 2010 server which allows for synchronization of Tasks and Notes via Active Sync, however the native Android email app, and almost all of the 3rd party apps do not support these two features, and the ones that do, do it poorly. I have to run gSyncIt on my Outlook PC to push my Notes from Outlook to Evernote, then I have to view my notes in Evernote on the Android phone. Terrible.

In addition to my first question about BES 10, with BES 10, are we still going to be limited to only ONE Exchange account on a device? Ideally I would like to have the device setup on several Exchange 2010 servers running BES 10. I understand this would probably causes IT Policy problems, so its likely just a pipe dream.

My second questions is in regards to Android application support. Will the BB10 devices be able to run Android applications via sideload like the PlayBook? If so, has the Android runtime engine been improved to run a wider range of newer Android Apps, perhaps also enabling front and rear camera access? The Playbook is very limited in terms of which Android Apps it can run successfully without force closing.

Thanks in advance.
    01-24-13 03:52 PM
    ActiveSync on BB10 does allow for Task/Notes sync, but your Exchange admin MIGHT have that turned off.

Yes, sideloaded Android apps should still work on BB10. But if your front/rear cam reference has anything to do with Skype, I wouldn't count on it.
    01-24-13 03:56 PM
    ActiveSync on BB10 does allow for Task/Notes sync, but your Exchange admin MIGHT have that turned off.

Yes, sideloaded Android apps should still work on BB10. But if your front/rear cam reference has anything to do with Skype, I wouldn't count on it.
    Thanks for that, I am the Exchange Admin for all 3 servers I want to connect to. ActiveSync is configured to allow synchronization of Tasks and Notes, but Android as far as Jelly Bean, still doesnt support IT.

In regards to BES 10, what I want to know is if it relies on ActiveSync or does it run like the the traditional BlackBerry Enterprise mail service hooking into Exchange directly?
    01-24-13 03:58 PM
    Thanks for that, but does BES 10 rely on ActiveSync or does it run standalone as a traditional BlackBerry Enterprise mail service?
    A surprisingly complicated question. No, BES10 does not rely on ActiveSync. No, BB10 can't connect to "traditional BlackBerry Enterprise" either.

Your admins will need to install BES10 to give you BES-level security and support on a BB10 device.
    01-24-13 04:00 PM
    A surprisingly complicated question. No, BES10 does not rely on ActiveSync. No, BB10 can't connect to "traditional BlackBerry Enterprise" either.

Your admins will need to install BES10 to give you BES-level security and support on a BB10 device.
    Thanks for the info, I realize that BB10 devices wont talk to legacy BES servers, I wasn't looking to do that. But, you did answer my second question in regards to BES 10 not relying on Active Sync, thanks!
    01-24-13 04:02 PM
    Here's another question. Lets assume that I pay the $99 license fee for an Android device on BES 10. Will that Android device now be able to get two way synchronization of Outlook Memos (Notes) & Tasks just like a BlackBerry would with the paid license fee?
    01-26-13 09:45 PM
    I'm not sure at this point what BBRY is going to offer for Task and Notes sync to Outlook on BB10. However, a 3rd party app DejaOffice on BlackBerry will be able to handle your Outlook Tasks and Notes. There is a direct sync using DejaCloud. Check out CompanionLink for that.
    02-01-13 10:11 PM