Contrary to what many may have predicted a while ago BB10 just gets greater and greater.

Now both Uber and Lyft work at a 100%. No features missing at all, which is great. Two WhatsApp accounts allow me to have one 'public' and one private in the same device (only until June 30th/1017). BBM working without relying on data with T-Mobile, with even the ability to share files. Google Maps working smoothly. Still colosal battery life. Got new apps playing relaxing sounds and a new anti-theft security addition that works great. With the slim port and Miracast I stream videos from YouTube, Netflix and other media related applications. Sound is routed to bluetooth connected devices without the need of additional apps. Music folder works great. Apps such as Spotify or Shazam work perfect. Speakers in the Passport are incredible, and the mono in Leap is fairly good. I can't believe how well this devices manage battery consumption from audio playing.

I miss not being able to pay with the phone, which I can do with the Priv that I carry most of the time, but the ability to beam an tether ANY device pushed over that missing feature. Every place where I pay with Android Pay has free wifi and my Priv connects automatically. Also only one app tracking gps locations not working, but I can l can tether my second device the very few times I need to use it.

Loving my BB10 devices, and I don't see BB10 dying any time soon, just the opposite, I feel a renaissance is soon to come.

Keep rocking BB10. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JPD404; 01-21-17 at 02:30 PM.
    01-21-17 12:15 PM
    Agree with your enthusiasm. My Q10 serves me well day in and day out with no indication that "BlackBerry 10 is dead." Everything I need continues to work.

(Now, cue the cb negative Nellies so they can show up in this topic as in every other topic with rubbish statements like "Enjoy it while it lasts" and how BlackBerry 10 is "unsupported," "end of life," and soon to be gone. Anti-BlackBerry clowns.)
    01-21-17 12:28 PM
    Use what works for you. You don't owe anyone an explanation.
    gruv4u likes this.
    01-21-17 01:13 PM
    you couldn't make it to the restroom could you. Blatant attempt at bringing negativity to anything about BB10.

My explanation is that when I discovered BlackBerry (and that goes for both BB10 and OS7, as OS7 is the BEST thing anywhere for a phone/communication device, not to mention music player/streamer) I didn't want to look for anything else. Ever. In fact I rarely browse with anything more than a BlackBerry anymore, computer is just not needed.

And Still No Antivirus. Bwah hahahah.
    Mostly (99999999.9% of the time) NO FORCED UPDATES THAT WRECK EVERYTHING
    No mysterious data-guzzling. EVER.
    No buggy programs running in the background, hijacking what I am doing, installing themselves uninvited and reinstalling themselves after I delete them or refusing to let me delete them at all.
    No need for app after app to help me just make my phone 'behave.'
    No hour after hour after hour spent looking for apps running in the background that need to be force-stopped with another app because they cannot be force stopped on their own, and EVEN WITH THAT they immediately restart themselves right afterwards most of the time BECAUSE YOUR PHONE DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. You are simply being allowed to use it, if it us not too busy doing something else.

Have to restart your phone? Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Repeat It All.

Or, end the nightmare.

In other words, if you would rather be the boss and the owner of your phone, rather than your phone owning you, get a BlackBerry. A Real BlackBerry.

You will want to express your opinion even after being told you don't have to explain why in a BlackBerry forum about BlackBerry phones. You might guess I have had about enought of that too.

But I do have to add typing on a slab phone sucks when you're used to a real keyboard, as I'm using the Leap today. It's nice for browsing, and the beloved Blackberrys are selling so cheaply it's a sin to have only one. Have one for your every mood, every purpose, a spare in case one is having a bad day and needs to be turned off. (I have never had one stop working on me, but I have lost FM on one from an update.)

These are just a few of the reasons for wanting a phone that does what you want it to without having its own separate hidden agenda of things that IT wants to do.

I have heard that 'they' are not that bad anymore. I not only don't care, I don't believe it.
    01-21-17 02:23 PM
    you couldn't make it to the restroom could you. Blatant attempt at bringing negativity to anything about BB10.
    Negativity? I suggested the OP shouldn't feel compelled to justify anything to anyone, and should feel free to enjoy his device/platform of choice. I'm all for that.
    01-21-17 03:32 PM

My explanation is that when I discovered BlackBerry (and that goes for both BB10 and OS7, as OS7 is the BEST thing anywhere for a phone/communication device, not to mention music player/streamer) I didn't want to look for anything else. Ever. In fact I rarely browse with anything more than a BlackBerry anymore, computer is just not needed.

No buggy programs running in the background, hijacking what I am doing, installing themselves uninvited and reinstalling themselves after I delete them or refusing to let me delete them at all.
    No hour after hour after hour spent looking for apps running in the background that need to be force-stopped with another app because they cannot be force stopped on their own, and EVEN WITH THAT they immediately restart themselves right afterwards most of the time BECAUSE YOUR PHONE DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. You are simply being allowed to use it, if it us not too busy doing something else.

Or, end the nightmare.

In other words, if you would rather be the boss and the owner of your phone, rather than your phone owning you, get a BlackBerry. A Real BlackBerry.

You will want to express your opinion even after being told you don't have to explain why in a BlackBerry forum about BlackBerry phones. You might guess I have had about enought of that too.

But I do have to add typing on a slab phone sucks when you're used to a real keyboard, as I'm using the Leap today. It's nice for browsing, and the beloved Blackberrys are selling so cheaply it's a sin to have only one. Have one for your every mood, every purpose, a spare in case one is having a bad day and needs to be turned off. (I have never had one stop working on me, but I have lost FM on one from an update.)

These are just a few of the reasons for wanting a phone that does what you want it to without having its own separate hidden agenda of things that IT wants to do.

I have heard that 'they' are not that bad anymore. I not only don't care, I don't believe it.
    Not sure you understand what Conite said? I didn't read it as negative at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 03:37 PM
    I wish that I was having the same BB 10 experience that others were. As a long time BB user, BB 10 has been mostly disappointment and frustration for me. Without loading the Play Store, there are very few decent apps available at least from what I have found. BB World is absolutely dead, and the Amazon store is following closely. Decided to load the Play Store, and the lag on the device was terrible, not to mention that most of the apps didn't work correctly. Wiped my Classic and decided against loading it again.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but my experience so far has just been more of a let down than anything. The few things that the device does excel at like communication, sound profiles (why don't all phones have this), and of course the physical keyboard along with word substitution are great things to have. Is that enough to keep someone like me on the OS? I don't know.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    01-21-17 04:41 PM
    it depends on what you use your phone for, I guess, I never missed being able to do what I do because of a missing app, so without the contunued support it's not going to be for anybody.
    01-21-17 05:14 PM
    Negativity? I suggested the OP shouldn't feel compelled to justify anything to anyone, and should feel free to enjoy his device/platform of choice. I'm all for that.
    I may, or may not, have read something into your post that wasn't there. I saw no references above to having to explain anything to anyone, so I inferred you were referring to coming to this forum to post the thread, and it sounded like you were stated there is no reason to post the thread. I may have read you totally wrong, if that is the case I apologize.

If you were referring to talking about BlackBerry 10 here on this forum, as it appeared to me, then my opinion still stands.
    --------------------
    referring again to crackberry difficulties, using the 'test new forum' link, it worked awhile albeit very sluggishly, but coming back to THIS thread reply I was only able to type the first word 'I.' After that my next ten words would not appear on the screen so am typing into my text program to paste afterwards.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-21-17 05:30 PM

Or, end the nightmare.

Ummm... Conite's the last person here who'd be spreading negativity. He's practically this forum's BB10 tech/customer support rep.
    Jrox74, Lawrie Sherratt and KemKev like this.
    01-21-17 05:30 PM
    Contrary to what many may have predicted a while ago BB10 just gets greater and greater.

Now both Uber and Lyft work at a 100%. No features missing at all, which is great. Two WhatsApp accounts allow me to have one 'public' and one private in the same device (only until June 30th/1017). BBM working without relying on data with T-Mobile, with even the ability to share files. Google Maps working smoothly. Still colosal battery life. Got new apps playing relaxing sounds and a new anti-theft security addition that works great. With the slim port and Miracast I stream videos from YouTube, Netflix and other media related applications. Sound is routed to bluetooth connected devices without the need of additional apps. Music folder works great. Apps such as Spotify or Shazam work perfect. Speakers in the Passport are incredible, and the mono in Leap is fairly good. I can't believe how well this devices manage battery consumption from audio playing.

I miss not being able to pay with the phone, which I can do with the Priv that I carry most of the time, but the ability to beam an tether ANY device pushed over that missing feature. Every place where I pay with Android Pay has free wifi and my Priv connects automatically. Also only one app tracking gps locations not working, but I can l can tether my second device the very few times I need to use it.

Loving my BB10 devices, and I don't see BB10 dying any time soon, just the opposite, I feel a renaissance is soon to come.

Keep rocking BB10. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Do you want to offering something for us?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 08:55 PM
    I don't know what you mean.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 09:11 PM
    And you? What can you offer? I know android phones and aifon very well, I had both os. Android all over the world is known as the most insecure os...with Alcatel BB Dtek not much better...even aifon have viruses problems and softwere bugs.
    More apps? How many apps do you really use everyday? Or you need a smartphon to eat for you, and dry you hair or play soccer for you?
    Blackberry's foult was not beleaving in his own os and not pulling it enough...so I cannot be agreed with people who switched to android telling us how android is better...for me billion of apps are nothing compare to privacy data...Blackberry os is not dead yet, and it's still fast, usefull, and complete to affirm that for sure! You think android "big brother" is better? Ok good for you, to be spyed every app you download. People who still choose Bb10 are obsolete? Ok, I dont need to be trendy or cool with my ultimate smartphones, because I belive that avery step forward made by technology is a step back toward about security and privacy. So I stay with my Blackberry phones till they are alive....and others like me too...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 01-22-17 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Removed R-rated material
    01-22-17 08:33 AM
    I'm glad it is still working well for many. But the latest OS10 update has caused problems for many users. There are many posts about it. So like other operating systems, it is not without fault. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 08:44 AM
    And you? What can you offer? I know android phones and aifon very well, I had both os. Android all over the world is known as the most insecure os...with Alcatel BB Dtek not much better...even aifon have viruses problems and softwere bugs.
    More apps? How many apps do you really use everyday? Or you need a smartphon to eat for you, and dry you hair or play soccer for you? Or doing sex instead of you?
    Blackberry's foult was not beleaving in his own os and not pulling it enough...so I cannot be agreed with people who switched to android telling us how android is better...for me billion of apps are nothing compare to privacy data...Blackberry os is not dead yet, and it's still fast, usefull, and complete to affirm that for sure! You think android "big brother" is better? Ok good for you, to be spyed every app you download. People who still choose Bb10 are obsolete? Ok, I dont need to be trendy or cool with my ultimate smartphones, because I belive that avery step forward made by technology is a step back toward about security and privacy. So I stay with my Blackberry phones till they are alive....and others like me too...

Posted via CB10
    Whoa... chill, dude. Lol
    Long live BB10, yo.

Passport SE user.
    01-22-17 09:19 AM
    My BB10 device has been serving me well. I have nothing but positive things to say about it. It has almost everything I need and use on a daily. Simply put, if your about "bidness" and getting the things that matter done in a professional , secure way. Get a BlackBerry and if you got kids that wanna play games that are loaded with advertising nonsense that is unsecured... Oh, my bad... that is also secured. Get an Android.

Android is for suckaz.
    01-22-17 10:16 AM
    My BB10 device has been serving me well. I have nothing but positive things to say about it. It has almost everything I need and use on a daily. Simply put, if your about "bidness" and getting the things that matter done in a professional , secure way. Get a BlackBerry and if you got kids that wanna play games that are loaded with advertising nonsense that is unsecured... Oh, my bad... that is also secured. Get an Android.

Android is for suckaz.
    Nothing wrong with your preference, but are we really doing the no businesses use apps thing again?
    01-22-17 10:22 AM
    OS7? Funny you should say that. Just a few days ago I commented on another thread that I'd HAPPILY go back to my 9930 with Rev-A 3G if the apps I want/need worked properly out of the box. Hell, I'd even accept a cap of just SIX apps as long as I could pick them.
    01-22-17 11:37 AM
    Are you paid to go around positive threads and poison the environment? I have seen your comments in numerous threads these days trying to bombard BB10.

 BB10 can't die. It is healthy and young!
    to boldly go likes this.
    01-22-17 12:17 PM
    Are you paid to go around positive threads and poison the environment? I have seen your comments in numerous threads these days trying to bombard BB10.

 BB10 can't die. It is healthy and young!
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/my-bb10-devices-greater-than-ever-2017-a-1097947/#post12737894
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-22-17 12:26 PM
    This is a funny thread of BB10 fans looking for anything to pick a fight even when there is nothing there to fight about.
    As Conite wrote, you can de good to use what works for you.
    I'll add the arguments for me looking at switching out and they might not be valid for you, which is fine.
    The reality is there is no development from BlackBerry on the bb10 OS with the exception of some bugs and security.
    I run bb10 exclusively and love the OS but I'm not blind to think I'm not missing anything by using bb10 over Android / Apple.
    For me the following gaps are present so when I replace my device in the next few months it won't be with another bb10 phone:
    Android Auto/Apple car play - my new vehicle has it and I can't use it. Bluetooth works fine for my phone but is sketchy for music and I can't use it for navigation
    Banking - the bank apps for bb10 are for the most part website shortcuts and features are limited
    VPN - I can't connect to work
    Webex - no BB10 app anymore
    Other business apps - can't get them (and even if I could, the lack of VPN would prevent me from using them)
    BBM - can't video chat with non-blackberry users (which is now 99.97+ of the world's smartphone users)
    Instagram - I'm tired of hunting for versions that actually work
    LinkedIn - App is shutting down, mobile website is ok but definitely not as feature-rich
    Any Android apps through Amazon are either out of date or not available
    Pretty much all of the PlayStore apps are glitchy or slow

It was great while it lasted but I don't have my head in the sand and realize that like it or not BB10 is no longer a choice going forward.

As you see there is nothing listed about games...I rarely play them.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-22-17 01:22 PM
    The limitations you are experiencing are a valid reason to switch. In my case, I have a remote computer connected 24/7 that serves me a free VPN. I access that computer either with Teamviewer from my BB10 device or Chrome Remote from the Priv (I enjoy having two devices). Regardless of the lack of development, the runtime match with Android has made the app gap very short, at least for what I use (and I use quite a lot). Cobalt's workarounds just get better and better. The device is not as fast when using Android Apps, which is expected, but nothing too laggy that I couldn't live with it.

These Nemory Studio guys have improved their Facebook 10 App and it's now working great, as well as the messaging App, with full integration to the hub. All of the bank Apps that I've downloaded from the Play Store have worked for me (I don't use Amazon Store at all these days).

The REAL multitasking of BB10 is something we've never been able to experience with the other platforms. In iOS multitasking is a disaster, and in Android, apps actually re-boot most of the times making you waste precious seconds, if they at all come back to same place you left them at.

I've done all platforms except for Windows Phone. I think BB10 is the best, except for the obvious difficulties for making the Apps you love/need run smoothly, which is kind of a big deal. I don't recommend BB10 to everyone, but for someone who actually enjoys implementing these workarounds and also having a second device, BB10 is a most have. Especially for Engineering students and people who perform office related tasks on a daily basis. In my case: emails, calendar, instant messaging, spreadsheets (works better on BB10 than any other device/platform), file sharing through NFC (VERY convenient), notes, tasks, anything that requires quick typing accuracy (could anyone argue?),..., plus, not worrying about battery dying in the middle of the day when out the office, beautiful sound quality when outside on the go for voice notes and related... I would not finish.

Long live BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 01:54 PM
    I wish that I was having the same BB 10 experience that others were. As a long time BB user, BB 10 has been mostly disappointment and frustration for me. Without loading the Play Store, there are very few decent apps available at least from what I have found. BB World is absolutely dead, and the Amazon store is following closely. Decided to load the Play Store, and the lag on the device was terrible, not to mention that most of the apps didn't work correctly. Wiped my Classic and decided against loading it again.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but my experience so far has just been more of a let down than anything. The few things that the device does excel at like communication, sound profiles (why don't all phones have this), and of course the physical keyboard along with word substitution are great things to have. Is that enough to keep someone like me on the OS? I don't know.
    The android experience is different for everyone on BB10. Some love it, some hate it.
    01-22-17 05:29 PM
    [warn]This thread can continue as long as the attacks on our ambassador cease from this point forward. [/warn]
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-22-17 05:54 PM

Now both Uber and Lyft work at a 100%. No features missing at all, which is great.
    Posted via CB10
    OK, you have my interest. I spent considerable time a few months ago trying to get the Uber app to work on my Z30, but gave up when Uber kept changing their app and breaking it for me. Now I either use the web interface, or switch to the iPhone I've been playing with. What's your secret?

Actually, I've had the same experience with Waze. Conite says the latest version from PlayStore works for him, but I can't get either it or the Amazon version to work reliably for me. I've resorted to using the Windows phone I'm playing with for my commutes and just leaving it in the car.

And by the way, the critique that apps are only for social media is getting tiresome. I don't use Facebook, Whatsapp, etc, but I have to resort to the iPhone or my Android tablet for some f IoT applications that don't cooperate well with BB10. (Luckily, some do work, as does my bank app.)

Anyway, enough beating dead horses--my real question is how you got Uber and Lyft to work with BB10.
    01-22-17 06:46 PM
51 123