Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Mute all option

Can anyone tell me if there is an option to mute all without having to reduce the volume down? I am aware of the profiles but even when I put the phone on silent or vibrate only, when I play games the volume is still on. It is a little frustrating having to keep moving the volume up and down. Wished the middle button can be configured to mute like the PlayBook

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10

Put the phone on silent, and when you're on the home screen or any app, press volume down a few times until the bell symbol with a cross through it comes up. I don't see how this is different than any other platform. My previous Android functioned exactly the same way.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

On the iPhone you just switch the toggle and all volume is off. Again when I put it on silent why should we have to press the volume several times. That defeats the purpose of getting things done faster.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkie1 View Post
    On the iPhone you just switch the toggle and all volume is off. Again when I put it on silent why should we have to press the volume several times. That defeats the purpose of getting things done faster.

I have an iPhone, so please don't pass off your Kies as facts. In the iPhone, if you flip the switch 1) it goes to vibrate, and 2) it does not silence everything. That volume control is separate. You could have the button on the red side, and you go to play music, it will play the sound unless you put that bar all the way down.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Cant you just hold down the play button in the middle and it will go into silent? I don't have a z10 but if one of you or someone could try that then let us know the results, that would be smashing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I too had an iPhone and yes it goes to vibrate when you flick the switch, but games and apps do go on silence when it is in this mode. Maybe not with music, but all my other apps/games would be off. As for pressing the middle button, it only invokes the voice command. I wish I could customize the buttons.