What is currently available for BB10 to stream music? Can we run grooveshark, or how about paid apps like google music, amazon mp3, etc.. I would love to be able to dump my music archive online and then just listen to what I want over LTE. Is this currently possible with BB10? Or, can we use dropbox or sugarsync to stream music?
    03-23-13 11:53 PM
    There's Songza, and 8Tracks. There's Nobex Radio and TuneIn Radio. I also sideloaded the Winamp app to stream Shoutcasts, and Pandora which I'm still getting used to. Lot's of options.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-24-13 12:14 AM
    How about online music storage services? Thanks for confirming tune in is still there, but how about grooveshark, where you can actually pick a song to play. How about amazonmp3? I got tons of albums that I bought from Amazon that were magically added to my storage space by amazon (and they don't use up space!). I guess I can always use youtube to pick a song I like, but when I want to listen to an album that I realize I don't have on my phone, will there be at least subscription services I can buy like BB Music etc with unlimited songs etc..?
    03-24-13 12:23 AM
    I literally just downloaded the .APK for Grooveshark, but I'm not sure if it will work or not, so I can't tell you at this very moment. As for AmazonMP3, I have never used their service so I can't try it for you. You're going to have test it yourself unfortunately.
    03-24-13 12:41 AM
    I believe grooveshark apps require premium subscription, if I am not mistaken. I am just trying to find services that allow you to store music online and just playback. Didn't BB offer something like that in the past? Thanks anyway! Keep us posted on grooveshark, if it works, it would be awesome.
    03-24-13 12:48 AM
    If you have music that you want to listen to, why don't you just stick if on a MicroSD and put it on your phone. You can store up to 64GB.

If you want to buy specific songs, blackberry world has some you can purchase.

If you want something more like a subscription based music app. That I'm not sure of.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:02 AM
    Slacker is available. GoogMusic will give you access to everything on Google Music. I believe both are native apps. I have Pandora and Jango both side loaded and work fine. Sirius is supposed to be working on a native app as well.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-24-13 08:04 AM
    If you have music that you want to listen to, why don't you just stick if on a MicroSD and put it on your phone. You can store up to 64GB.
    Posted via CB10
    I know, but the idea is to be able to just listen to any song you want without having to store it.
    Case 1 - You have the collection at home in your storage, could be 100's of GB, you can just dump it online, most people are doing this to avoid disasters and just pay a very minimal monthly storage (like I did with Smugmug for pictures) so you can just listen to your music anywhere.

Case 2 - Spontaneous listening, stuff like what Rhapsody used to offer, you don't need to buy but unlimited listening. Basically, "with this dinner some Tony Bennett would be nice" but you don't have any TB on your SD or online storage, and you just go to the online serves and stream it. Yes, Youtube might also work, but you never know if youtube song will be reliable. Just saying it would be really cool. I guess Pandora and Slacker might help, and grooveshark would definitely help even more.
    03-24-13 09:36 AM
    any update to this? Do any of the services' Android apps work after being converted? I'm looking for high bitrate options, like MOG or Spotify.
    04-06-13 02:26 AM
    I side loaded the Android Amazon MP3 app and this seems to work fine for the cloud storage I have with Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 02:42 AM
    Deezer is like groove shark and works very well. Artist search. Streaming. Radio. Offline downloads

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 08:36 AM
    You can always just use the grooveshark html5 website. I added a bookmark to the home screen and use it that way. Pretty solid performance too.

Html5.grooveshark.com

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 08:41 AM
    It's light, smart, fun, and all around a great phone.
    04-06-13 09:00 AM
    Slacker is good, except for the Geico ad between every second song...
    06-14-13 06:06 PM
    Enjoy great music with Grooveshark!

Grooveshark is now out in BlackBerry World! Download Now http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/38521889

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 12:37 PM