Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm new to BlackBerry 10 and I'm stumped.

I'm importing my iTunes play list and only half of the artists album artwork is being properly displayed (the rest remains blue).

Any ideas why this is happening and what steps I can take to resolve it? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:25 PM
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm new to BlackBerry 10 and I'm stumped.

I'm importing my iTunes play list and only half of the artists album artwork is being properly displayed (the rest remains blue).

Any ideas why this is happening and what steps I can take to resolve it? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I do not know why this happens, but I use a program on my PC called Mp3tag to add any missing album covers. (Use Google to locate the correct picture and save to your pc, then add to the Mp3 tag.)

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)
    02-18-14 06:42 PM
    I do not know why this happens, but I use a program on my PC called Mp3tag to add any missing album covers. (Use Google to locate the correct picture and save to your pc, then add to the Mp3 tag.)

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)
    This.

To see album art 100% of the time, sort each album into separate folders (preferably one folder per artist and one sub folder per album) and get the artist/album tags in order. For each album folder, find the cover art and save it in the folder as folder.jpg. Embed the cover art into the music files as well.

Once that's done, your album art will show up no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:58 PM
    Thanks for the tips; I'll give this a try. The artwork displays properly in iTunes and always has within my iPhone - I went and tagged each album specifically in the past to achieve this. Not sure why it's getting lost in translation with bb10, but I'll give that a shot.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:05 PM
    This problem of exporting music out of iTunes and not seeing the album covers is not limited to BB10 phones. It also happens in my car stereo when I have exported the files to a USB stick. I finally figured out that for each album in iTunes, you need to select "Get Info", and double click on the blank "Artwork" window. iTunes will then prompt you to find the album cover file (which should be in the album folder which you want to export). Once you have done that, iTunes updates that info into each song file in the album. The new album folder can then be copied/synchronized to your BB10 phone. All the album covers on my Z30 are now perfect!
    04-13-14 02:38 PM