Can BB10 run more than one instance of the browser allowing for quick switching between websites? On my android phone only one instance of the browser is available so if I want to compare information from different websites I have to close one to go to the other. If BB10 can do this I think that is very powerful. Does anyone know if BB10 or any other OS can do this? From memory I think WebOS could.
    01-12-13 08:39 AM
    The PlayBook can run multiple tabs in its browser, as can my 9810, so I'm sure BB10 will be able to do the same. It's a pretty essential browser feature these days (definitely seen it on iOS), and I'm surprised your Android phone doesn't offer it.
    01-12-13 08:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think I asked the right question. My android phone can have a list of multiple windows that allows quick switching between websites but it doesn't seem to be truly running in the background. For example I started playing Kevin's video about the launch hq in Toronto and then switched to another window. The video immediately stopped and resumed when I went back to Crackberrry. Can the mutiple tabs you mention allow for video or audio from a website playing in the background while looking at another active site? My phone seems to stop the current website while the other is active. True multitasking as in the Playbook or a PC allows for multiple websites actually running at the same time not pausing and then resuming. Is that what iOS can do? Can BB10 do it?
    01-12-13 09:07 AM
    On the playbook, and even on os7 blackberry phones we have tabbed browser so you just switch between tabs.

On you android phone you should be able to install dolphin browser or similar to get tabbed browsing.
    01-12-13 09:23 AM
    I can't answer for bb10 but on the playbook, when you switch tabs the other one stops. But there's a way around this, you can install maxthon, dolphin and simplebrowser/simplebrowser plus from app world, and you could play a radio station or YouTube in one of them and Browse in another and the radio station/YouTube will keep playing in background because it's the tab with focus in the other browser. You have to have your playbook in showcase mode.
    01-12-13 09:35 AM
    You can't launch multiple instances of the same app. You'll either need to make due with tabs, or install a second browser app.
    01-12-13 12:00 PM