Just wondering if anyone has experience with shared calenders on BB10 using Active Synce.

I.e - how does you calender and the shared calender show in the calender app? Or does the shared calender simply not show?

Official PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-18-15 06:15 AM
    Works as well as only one. They show in different colours, and you can toggle between them easily.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 06:29 AM
    Shared calendars don't sync. The only calendar that will is the calendar attached to your main active sync account.

This is not BlackBerry issue but the way exchange handles calendars
    04-18-15 08:06 AM
    We seem to be talking about two different things. Multiple calendars vs. Shared calendars. Shared calendars usually refer to calendars shared to by coworkers,usually on the Microsoft Exchange platform. As it stands these are not visible on BlackBerry 10. Only one primary account can be native to your device. True on iOS as well ,and only visible on Android if you subscribe to (pay for) Google Apps. On the other hand multiple calendars are calendars from multiple email accounts. These are visible on BlackBerry 10 and any other smartphone. Usually they are color coded. I have an exchange account (work) a Gmail account and an Outlook.com account, all syncing the calendar to my device. Also color coded.
    04-18-15 09:24 AM
    We seem to be talking about two different things. Multiple calendars vs. Shared calendars. Shared calendars usually refer to calendars shared to by coworkers,usually on the Microsoft Exchange platform. As it stands these are not visible on BlackBerry 10. Only one primary account can be native to your device. True on iOS as well ,and only visible on Android if you subscribe to (pay for) Google Apps. On the other hand multiple calendars are calendars from multiple email accounts. These are visible on BlackBerry 10 and any other smartphone. Usually they are color coded. I have an exchange account (work) a Gmail account and an Outlook.com account, all syncing the calendar to my device. Also color coded.
    Thanks for the reply, was after the 'shared' calender information!

Official PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-18-15 01:32 PM
    I've talked to BlackBerry about this as almost any enterprise uses shared calendars on one way or another.

As far as I remember it it not possible to sync anything more than your own mailbox with your in credentials.

So even if you do have full access to another users mailbox you'd need to have his personal credentials to sync it as an extra EAS account.

The suggestion I gave to BlackBerry was to implement an EWS based solution. As far as I know they are not working on it so far.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:45 PM
    The only other method I know of is to use CodeTwo products. If you have access to your Exchange server yourself or through your IT dept. CodeTwo has some excellent tools to copy exchange items from one place to another. If you have a hosted Exchange service, there are a few desktop apps that can copy or sync using an Exchange plugin. For my company we use exchange public folders for all of our company contacts. Prior to BlackBerry 10, enterprise activated devices automatically had access to public folder items. With BlackBerry 10 that went away. So each user runs a CodeTwo plugin that copies our public folder contacts to a sub folder in their personal contacts, which in turn sync to their device. I believe you can do something similar with any shared item including a calendar - as long as it's accessible in your Outlook profile you can copy it within your mailbox. So it should work for shared calendar items. The sync process is manual, you just click the sync icon for CodeTwo when you open Outlook. could be an answer for you. It�s works automatically if you can install it directly on your Exchange server - seemless and reliable. No I don't work for them. . Go to codetwo.com. Go to products and you'll see what I'm talking about. The outlook folder sync is under Free Tools. If you can install software on your email server that the best option but you have to buy it. Totally worth it. You can search CB for CodeTwo for more people's input and experience with it. Good luck.
    Last edited by Ron Caron; 04-19-15 at 06:55 AM. Reason: typo
    04-19-15 06:51 AM
    Ugh calanders! Why does it have to be so difficult- for me anyways.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 12:11 PM
    Skyfillers.dk have Android and iOS apps for this purpose. I could imagine that their Android app would work on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:04 PM
    Search for exchange delegate. It is made by a Blackberry partner and works well.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 11:33 PM
    Unfortunately, SkyKillers.com has stopped support for the app in question with no real explanation for it.
    Exchange Delegate only works if you are assigned as a Delegate on every other user's calendar, which I doubt most users, or IT Administrators would do. Being a Delegate goes way beyond the simple act of viewing a shared calendar that another user has allowed you to view.
    04-21-15 09:24 AM