There are several threads in the forums concerning Active Sync, MS Exchange and the inability to view a shared calendar on BlackBerry devices. My situation has to do with reminder notifications from a shared calendar.

My primary calendar is MS Outlook 2013 connected to MS Exchange. Like everyone else, I am unable to view shared calendars on my Z30 (10.2.1.2991) or my Passport (10.3.1.1779). I understand it is currently impossible to do so due to Active Sync limitations. What I would like to know is why my Z30 can display reminder notifications for a shared calendar to which staff has granted me Owner permission? I should note that my current view in Outlook overlays the shared calendar on top of my main calendar. If I attempt to view the notification, I receive a "This event does not exist in your calendar" message.

I have not been able to duplicate this on my Passport. My calendar settings are the same. Any ideas as to why I receive reminder notifications on my Z30 (none of which were set by me, only by the person who is the original calendar owner)? Any ideas why I cannot duplicate the same on my Passport?
    Attachment 349982
    Attachment 349983

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    04-28-15 10:40 AM
    Here is a screen shot of the message.
    MS Exchange & Active Sync- Shared Calendar - Notifications-img_20150423_094701.png

04-28-15 11:04 AM
    Same calendar on both Z30 and the PP? Why not remove the Exchange account from the big Zee and re-add? Seems to me not only you're the owner, but also a delegate against entire mailbox which houses the Calendar in question?

Posted via my mighty squircle Passport
    04-28-15 05:20 PM
    Same calendar on both Z30 and the PP? Why not remove the Exchange account from the big Zee and re-add? Seems to me not only you're the owner, but also a delegate against entire mailbox which houses the Calendar in question?

Posted via my mighty squircle Passport
    Yes, I have the same calendar on both devices. No, I am not a delegate and the calendar in question was created for a specific project. It is not the person's main calendar. It's weird: If I can receive the reminders, it seems I should also see the calendar.

04-29-15 08:16 AM