I was reading Chris Umiastowski's great post regarding FaceBook Home integration to Android OS. Chris points out that BlackBerry OS is already well positioned for it's own similar kind of implementation without much difficulty, and that's a good thing.

However I'm thinking a great first step for BlackBerry in this area would be to create a user option to place the HUB as the "home page".

In locked mode a modified HUB screen would be the initial view. The user would be able to configure their desired level of viewing privacy and notifications, but also have immediate access to contacts, messaging (video/voice) and mail if so desired.

Any thoughts?
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-05-13 05:20 PM
    Not a bad thought at all. And as long as it was optional / user-defined, why not?
    04-05-13 05:31 PM
    I like that idea � it would work better for me than the current setup.
    04-05-13 09:18 PM
    Yes! That would be great. I also would love an "old style" theme like the old Today or Zen themes. I had one on my old Curve that showed only calendar and messages. That was the best. I use those applications the most so I'd love to see them up front and always open.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:55 PM
    Pretty good idea! I hope Thorsten reads this...

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:05 PM
    If the Hub is a home page, it'd be no different from an App page in grid view. I would then be deprived of swiping and gestures that I've grown accustomed and addicted to! Noooooo! I'll have withdrawals!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:10 PM
    I was talking to a friend about having an enhanced messaging/notification system built into BB10. Don't get me wrong I love the Hub but I would like to see what messages come in while I'm browsing the Internet or in an app or playing a game.

What we came up with was a notification system that would show on the top of the app you were in. I was also thinking of it being on the bottom of the app, or push the app up when you received a message. Each type of message would he color coded and the color of the bar would match that color. When you went into the hub the background color would match so you could easily see what each type of message was. Now when the message came in it would show the message as a preview which would time out and disappear after a customizable duration.

Now what would kick it up a notch would be if you selected the messaged and an animation of the bar sliding down and the keyboard popping up from the bottom. Animations wouldn't be the most important thing but essentially you would tap the message and be instantly in your message. Swiping left to right would get you to the hub or swiping up would get you back to what you were previously in.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:18 PM
    Not a bad thought at all. And as long as it was optional / user-defined, why not?
    Careful...user-defined customization of Z10s is frowned upon around these parts!
    04-05-13 10:22 PM
    Careful...user-defined customization of Z10s is frowned upon around these parts!
    Because it's so creepy to customize...duh!
    04-06-13 04:43 PM
    Honestly the hub is already amazing when it comes to communication.

Not sure if just sticking the hub on the lock screen would work though it would be an improvement

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed 10
    04-06-13 05:17 PM
    Honestly the hub is already amazing when it comes to communication.

Not sure if just sticking the hub on the lock screen would work though it would be an improvement

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. HUB = good concept, bad location in the OS
    04-06-13 07:26 PM
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. HUB = good concept, bad location in the OS
    I disagree I think the hub is in the perfect location. Just 1 swipe at any time from anywhere in the OS. Not sure how it would be better anywhere else.

04-06-13 07:51 PM
    Not a bad idea....although I think I would still like it better the way it is.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    04-06-13 07:54 PM