I was thinking about the big trouble android apps on bb10 is we cannot deny certain permissions.

For instance if I do not wish to give a nrws app access to my location, the best option I have is to disable location services all together.

However what is the opinion of integrating some like this: How CyanogenMod?s founder is giving Android users their privacy back | Ars Technica

In essence: "The solution to this was to create fake implementations of the features which are to be revoked. So if an app tried to query your contacts, it would get? something else.?

Any knowledge if something is going to be implemented like this? It would make android apps even more seamless on a bb10 device and add a layer of security not openly found in the general android market.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-31-14 06:44 PM
    I thought this was going to be possible in 10.3
    07-31-14 07:48 PM
    I'm not sure if it'll be available on 10.3. The one thing that will be available is the automatic scanning of Android apps using the "Guardian" service.

I would love to be able to select individual permissions for Android apps. I'm amazed that android users have been forced into submission for so long... I know good devs describe the permissions in the play store, and requiring all permissions upon installation ensures the app runs properly, but still... let the user decide (other than not installing the app).

Interesting solution in the linked article.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 07:53 PM
    As I wrote elsewhere, I hope that BB has not sold us down the River so that Amazon can track our every movement. Really, I was looking at the freebies from Amazon and why the heck does a pdf app need access to my microphone, my phone and some other permissions.

I guess some of us could install and UNinstall some of these apps. Then write the developers and suggest that they are seeking too many permissions and that their apps are not worth the tradeoffs.
    08-01-14 12:40 AM