Hi folks,

Suddenly as of sometime yesterday it seems, my Gmail account is doing something strange and frankly downright annoying in the Hub.

Every time I send mail out from my Gmail, I get a read marked message that comes in immediately containing my reply as if I sent it to myself as well when I didn't. Also, I am NOT referring to the check sent item BlackBerry keeps. I have that hidden anyway in Hub settings!

So what is going here?! Anyone else having this issue? This is very annoying and is disorgnaizing my Hub!

Google needs to stop putting BlackBerry support on the back burner and BlackBerry needs to up the Gmail functionality and specific function support in BlackBerry 10 OS, like now! The fact that delete means archive and we're just supposed to know that is rediculous.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-16-13 03:44 PM
    Gmail should have kept ActiveSync until they figured out what they're doing. Gmail just sucks.
    07-16-13 04:28 PM
    It's because you have "Save sent Messages" set in Gmail.

The sent mail gets saved to your Sent Mail folder which then synchs with the Z10.

Try this test : go onto the Gmail website and send an email. It should appear in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:01 PM
    It's because you have "Save sent Messages" set in Gmail.

The sent mail gets saved to your Sent Mail folder which then synchs with the Z10.

Try this test : go onto the Gmail website and send an email. It should appear in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    But I've always had that set...why all of the sudden does a static setting cause an issue?

I've noticed a pattern and believe this is actually an issue with labels. When Gmail applies a label to something I've sent, it repops in the Hub.

Stupid.

07-16-13 06:31 PM
    Update...

I have discovered this issue is not so much a single problem.

It has to do with both Gmail and BlackBerry.

BlackBerry doesn't seem to respond to hiding files items when it comes to Gmail. It is odd behavior. It hides them regardless if your setting is hide or show, but it shows them also regardless of your setting if you have conversation view on. So long story short...

Conversation view = filed messages will appear when a label is applied as a duplicate of the message still in inbox

Single msg = filed messages don't show

Now on to what was causing my problem:

A label was getting applied (correctly, based on a filter I made on Gmail) to mail I was sending/replying to, so it put a duplicate in the Hub.

One workaround is turning of labels being shown IMAP, but that isn't an option for me.

I'm not sure yet if deleting the duplicate deletes the copy stored on Gmail that is filed in the corresponding label.

It is really just a sloppy glitch and needs to be addressed. The reality is, Gmail is an odd ball with how it handles email. The return of more integrated, specialized Gmail support would be very welcome in my view.

I cannot...more like won't...move away from Gmail anytime soon. BlackBerry and Google need to put this right...

07-16-13 11:33 PM