- CrackBerry User
- 53 Posts
Monitor Data Usage?
Anyone know if it is possible to monitor data usage in the Z10?
I have a large data plan in Canada, but I'm traveling to California. I can buy a data package to roam, but I don't want to go over.
On my iPhone I could monitor cellular data consumption in real time in the Settings. I though even my old Pearl did this back in the days before iPhone. Anyone know where I could find it in BB10?
I've tried looking for an app: no joy.
With the Hub and all the synchronizing of social media, I'm afraid of how high the data usage is.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-10-2013, 03:44 AM #3
- 809 Posts
This is currently *not* a supported feature. Workarounds:
1. Disable account syncing or set refresh to "Manual" for less important accounts.
2. Disable *data* roaming in Settings and only enable it when you need to get updates. This will keep your usage to a minimum.
3. Use Wifi whenever possible. All services except Calls and SMS/MMS are supported via Wifi.
4. Get a local SIM card. Both T-Mobile and AT&T (and a number of MVNOs) will issue you a prepaid SIM card at no charge as long as you get at least $10 of prepaid credit. You no longer need to update email settings when you switch SIM cards.
The most convenient option for you may be to disable all cellular data services and get your data processed when you're on Wifi.
- CrackBerry User
05-11-2013, 03:20 PM #5
- 91 Posts
Last edited by tonyblaze; 05-21-2013 at 01:35 AM.
- By kameleon in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 10-23-2010, 08:13 PM
- By gussington in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2010, 03:20 PM
- By HWHarry in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 5Last Post: 05-25-2009, 01:47 PM
- By thinkadam in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2009, 02:18 AM
- By Saeven in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-23-2007, 02:04 PM