I was trying to use my mobile hot spot on my Verizon Z10. I upgraded the OS to 10.2.0.1047. Since this was not a Verizon update, but me loading the "leaked" 10.2 from here, did I loose my ability to use my hotspot capabilities?
    09-09-13 05:15 PM
    You shouldn't have, provided that you have hotspot activated on your service line. If it's not working and you're getting the "contact your mobile provider" prompt, just call Verizon and make sure it's activated.

If you have a service plan that doesn't feature hotspot though (e.g. If you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan), then technically the phone will simply implement Verizon's built-in restriction on hotspot. If you call Verizon in this scenario, they'll basically tell you to change to their new "Share Everything" plan. There are ways around this though that you can find elsewhere in the forums.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-09-13 05:43 PM
    You shouldn't have, provided that you have hotspot activated on your service line. If it's not working and you're getting the "contact your mobile provider" prompt, just call Verizon and make sure it's activated.

If you have a service plan that doesn't feature hotspot though (e.g. If you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan), then technically the phone will simply implement Verizon's built-in restriction on hotspot. If you call Verizon in this scenario, they'll basically tell you to change to their new "Share Everything" plan. There are ways around this though that you can find elsewhere in the forums.

I had hot spot on my android before i got my bb. but i cant get it to turn on. i go through the steps, and hit save and go back in and hot spot is off.
    09-09-13 07:11 PM
    Yeah, you'll have to call Verizon to make sure it's active for your new phone. Give customer service a call and they'll walk you through it.

09-09-13 11:32 PM
    Did that help? Did your mobile hotspot start working?

Posted via Jiggy's Z10
    09-16-13 10:05 AM